Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 62. (Read 200998 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I have a question,

Why would people rent mining rigs at a loss? There are better ways to invest and get more value for money.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
OK,  so I was trying to connect slush's stratum proxy to the betarigs pool, and I was having no success.   The mining proxy would connect, then promptly disconnect.  I even tried to connect to a username on a rig that was currently rented, ( to get around the feature where betarigs disconnects the pool when no one is renting)

Anyone have this problem, or is anyone successful running a local mining proxy that is connected to betarigs?  

BTW, I can connect the mining proxy fine to other pools.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
How is this profitable . . . I've tried it three times, all with different coins with high profitability ratings on Coinwarz . . . each time I lost BTC . . . meaning the cost to rent exceeded the value of the coins mined value in BTC.  

That's because Coinwarz gives you the picture based on the current market conditions but in reality while mining your coins have to be confirmed and that generally takes a long time.  By the time your coins are confirmed the market will probably have corrected itself.  You have to look at other factors like market depth and number of confirmations required before making a decision.

Also, why would someone lease you a rig for less than it would bring him if he was using it for himself?  You're leasing, the overhead pays for the hardware, electricity and obviously profits.  You either buy yourself a miner or you pay someone else a premium to be using his, that's the name of the game.  
Activity: 259
Activity: 280
How is this profitable . . . I've tried it three times, all with different coins with high profitability ratings on coinwarz . . . each time I lost BTC . . . meaning the cost to rent exceeded the value of the coins mined value in BTC. 

In some rare cases the value of the coin goes up after the initial selling frenzy is over... sometimes it work out.... like in hindsight now BC probably was the most profitable coin to mine.... if you had a month of patience as well :p But a month is 2 years in crypto time Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How is this profitable . . . I've tried it three times, all with different coins with high profitability ratings on coinwarz . . . each time I lost BTC . . . meaning the cost to rent exceeded the value of the coins mined value in BTC. 
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
Hello.

I am new here and i just rented my farm out for the first time. From the start all rigs got pointed to betarigs line in the config but now after an hour about half of the rigs are back mining on my own pool.
What do i do ? Is it something i can do or is it the person renting my rigs that have to keep an eye of everything to be ponted to the right pool ?

edit. Now ,most rigs are pointed right again. I guess renter is on to it now.

Yeah, the renter probably changed pools or his pool got disconnected. If you have failover setup properly, your miner should go back to the Betarigs pool after a few minutes.
I dont know what he was doing but my rigs got pointed right by themself after a while.
But now i got an message that he have started a ticket because he has not recieved any hash at all.

All my workers are pointed right and they have been working for 100% for several hours.

I just started a support ticket about the problem. Have there been any problems like this at betarigs today ?

I received a message from the renter of my rig this morning saying the same thing. When I looked at cgminer they had switched over to my backup pool but by the time I sent him a message back they had already switched back to his pool. It lasted for about 10 minutes at 8am PST. I gave him an extra half hour and he was happy with that.
Ah i see. Well i guess there where some problems there for a while, now the rigs have ben chewing just fine for hours.
I just noticed that i probably missunderstod my renter a bit. He have hash but he did not get any hash at all when he first tried to rent it, so he did it again and paid two times before he got my hash. I will just give him 12hours more + some extra due to the trouble at the start.

He have already started a ticket but i guess that can be solved so my money are not put on hold.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Hello.

I am new here and i just rented my farm out for the first time. From the start all rigs got pointed to betarigs line in the config but now after an hour about half of the rigs are back mining on my own pool.
What do i do ? Is it something i can do or is it the person renting my rigs that have to keep an eye of everything to be ponted to the right pool ?

Yeah, the renter probably changed pools or his pool got disconnected. If you have failover setup properly, your miner should go back to the Betarigs pool after a few minutes.
I dont know what he was doing but my rigs got pointed right by themself after a while.
But now i got an message that he have started a ticket because he has not recieved any hash at all.

All my workers are pointed right and they have been working for 100% for several hours.

I just started a support ticket about the problem. Have there been any problems like this at betarigs today ?

I received a message from the renter of my rig this morning saying the same thing. When I looked at cgminer they had switched over to my backup pool but by the time I sent him a message back they had already switched back to his pool. It lasted for about 10 minutes at 8am PST. I gave him an extra half hour and he was happy with that.
Hello.

Activity: 413
Hello.

Hello.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
To all renters .... PRICES ARE LOW ... turn off your rigs .... and trash them out
Activity: 259
I found a bug

I went to rent a small rig, which the owner has set a short time only that's allowed to rent. (can't rent for more than 3 hours) I got this error:
The rental period you selected would make a rental price of 0.0001 BTC, which is below the minimum price of 0.000105 BTC.

Maybe it should do a check when setting the price, and don't allow this
Is there some new coin that's crazy profitable that's causing everyone to rent all the rigs?

Being a leaser, I'm not complaining, but curious! Smiley

I think its all going to Whitecoin.... With the rollercoaster ride of BC the last week, WC is riding on the hype as well... atleast the miners are convinced Smiley
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Is there some new coin that's crazy profitable that's causing everyone to rent all the rigs?

Being a leaser, I'm not complaining, but curious! Smiley
Its a relief to know that feedbacks are actually working in favor of the renter and other owners. In a gold rush like today, with quality rigs taken out and prices soaring, I found this fellow trying hard to compete. It was almost funny. This is just a friendly reminder that feedbacks, positive or negative are equally important... and I cannot stress its importance enough.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

tekno
Sunitamp06
Coiner

ban all these users. They keep renting all my rigs and never pay up. and I waste 30 mins waiting for the next buyer.
legendary
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
What the jizz is everyone mining prices are way up  Huh  Good to be back to 0.01 so not complaining
Look at the last page, someone is renting all the cheap rigs without paying and driving the prices up. Although, a couple of days ago, someone rented all the cheaper rigs for the new pool so it could be something like that too.

Doesn't look that way to me, seems that they're all paid for save for one.
Activity: 434
What the jizz is everyone mining prices are way up  Huh  Good to be back to 0.01 so not complaining
Look at the last page, someone is renting all the cheap rigs without paying and driving the prices up. Although, a couple of days ago, someone rented all the cheaper rigs for the new pool so it could be something like that too.

Not the case for myself & a few others i know we have all been rented out for about 0.0085 to 0.001, btw I only look at the rigs above 5mhs
Activity: 413
What the jizz is everyone mining prices are way up  Huh  Good to be back to 0.01 so not complaining
Pages:
Jump to: