Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BETARIGS.COM - Cryptocurrency cloud mining - thousands of rigs available! - page 93. (Read 200998 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I wonder if betarigs will destroy the altcoin market.
Price of an altcoin is determined by the demand: people that wants that altcoin would buy it with BTC, raising its value. Instead now there's more people that's simply mining that altcoin, with less people buying it.

That won't be the case. The trading will still continue. All thats going to change is the initial value of new altcoins.
People will still sell and buy altcoins for BTC.

True. Eventually all alt coins are sold for BTC (and then for fiat).

As far as betarigs influence, well, the hashing power of all these rigs is out there, with or without betarigs. This is just a marketplace where rig owners list their hardware instead of mining themselves.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Price of an altcoin is determined by the demand: people that wants that altcoin would buy it with BTC, raising its value. Instead now there's more people that's simply mining that altcoin, with less people buying it.

That won't be the case. The trading will still continue. All thats going to change is the initial value of new altcoins.
People will still sell and buy altcoins for BTC.
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
I just don't get it. To rent my rig for Keccak I need to point my miner to betarigs scrypt proxy? cgminer acts funny...

EDIT: I figured it out. Switched to Windows with the keccak miner and it started working.
I don't understand keccak rig owners - since you already know which coin is most profitable (maxcoin), why don't you use your rigs and mine the maxcoin directly?

With scrypt coins, things are different. There are many profitable coins of the day, and hopefully renters are using our hashing power to make the profit mining the right one. I, as a rig operator, have no clue which scrypt  coin to chase...

Activity: 308
Merit: 146
Yes, rigs will use a little less energy (probably 10-15% less), however, this is mostly due to the GPU just not being as fully utilized. We don't yet have configs for many GPUs that fully tax them to 99 or 100%. I got my 280x's to 99% after a little work, however, can't get my 270x's much beyond 96%. They do run cooler, which is nice :]
Activity: 110
Actually, I did some research and now I have one of my rigs mining Maxcoin at the 1gh pool.  Scrypt mining was 1.76Mh, Keccak mining is at 752Mh.  My original estimate was that you halve your Scrypt rate and multiply by 1000, so I thought I would get 880Mh.  Is there any tweaking to be done for Keccak?  The only thing I have is intensity d and powertune 20.  These are R9 270 GPUs.  I'm liking the low heat output.  Does that also imply then I'm using less electricity?  They're hooked up on 220v so I can't use a kill-a-watt.
Activity: 112
PM me with a link and I'll take a look. Maybe I can help you.
I don't know how.  If somebody knew of one that was already compiled, I was looking for that.  Otherwise, I will of course have to learn how to do that.
Activity: 112
Why not compile it yourself?

So, basically, you guys want us to show you how to make more money?  Tongue

Of course!   Tongue  Well, I use BAMT 1.3 and almost all the rigs.  If I had windows, my understanding is that the Windows-based cgminer for Keccak is already compiled but Linux isn't, unless someone knows where I might find such a thing?
Activity: 308
Merit: 146
Given the increased rental rate for Keccak rigs, I am considering converting my 51Mh scrypt farm to a ~25Gh Keccak farm.  25Gh is over 50% of what is currently rented or available.  One question though: what does it take to convert to Keccak?

I also made tests with Keccak. Set up a rig on Betarigs, but it shows as ofline.
Also, how do I connect to the betarigs pool? The example is for scrypt. Do i use the same address and user but with keccak instead?

Thanks

So, basically, you guys want us to show you how to make more money?  Tongue
Don't forget the part where we show them and then they undercut us Tongue

But seriously, the config should be the same for the betarigs pool... the biggest mistake most people make is to use their normal miner when that won't work (and thus Betarigs will see it as offline)
Given the increased rental rate for Keccak rigs, I am considering converting my 51Mh scrypt farm to a ~25Gh Keccak farm.  25Gh is over 50% of what is currently rented or available.  One question though: what does it take to convert to Keccak?

I also made tests with Keccak. Set up a rig on Betarigs, but it shows as ofline.
Also, how do I connect to the betarigs pool? The example is for scrypt. Do i use the same address and user but with keccak instead?

Thanks

So, basically, you guys want us to show you how to make more money?  Tongue
Given the increased rental rate for Keccak rigs, I am considering converting my 51Mh scrypt farm to a ~25Gh Keccak farm.  25Gh is over 50% of what is currently rented or available.  One question though: what does it take to convert to Keccak?

Thanks
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
rented a rig, no problem with it!

it did the job :-)
Activity: 182
What do I do if I suddenly want to cancel renting before payment?
Reason: Scamcoin named VernCoin.
Someone rented my rig.
cgminer says the betapool pool is "dead", wrong credentials
How is this possible?

It's possible if the customer put the wrong credentials for his target pool Smiley
You should notify the customer about his mistake.

mux, any way that betarigs proxy detects this kind of issues, based on the pool response, and then notify the renter (or change the rig status to something like "wrong pool credentials")?
That would be almost instantaneous, instead of hoping that rig operator is able to detect and communicate the issue to the customer.
mux
Activity: 280
Someone rented my rig.
How is this possible?

It's possible if the customer put the wrong credentials for his target pool Smiley
You should notify the customer about his mistake.
Activity: 259
Someone rented my rig.
How is this possible?
Pages:
Jump to: