Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 109. (Read 276084 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
What is the best way to stake BITB?   Large blocks and wallet left open 24/7, and let them split down?  Or small blocks and close the wallet for a week/month etc?

I have same question!
1. Small but many blocks, or
2. Big but few blocks

I think 24/7 is a must.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
What is the best way to stake BITB?   Large blocks and wallet left open 24/7, and let them split down?  Or small blocks and close the wallet for a week/month etc?
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
Thanks for long information, so it useful to keep and buy more, bitbeans.

Yes it is a great time to buy more BitBeans while the price is only at 3 sats. I buy more Beans every week to add to my stack and don't forget to sprout (stake) your beans to have a chance at winning a reward. I'm sure that in time the price will bounce back and get back above 10 sats and even higher in the near future.
Activity: 343
Merit: 304
You arent Insane yet, get Insane to go Insane!
Thanks for long information, so it useful to keep and buy more, bitbeans.
Activity: 435
"Bean Cash..More Than Digital Cash!"
I have been stacking some Bitbeans for while, but i have questions for devs.

What is bitbean long term agenda?

For what i can spend Bitbeans today and future?

Does Bitbean have valuation strategy?

Q1:  What is BitBean's long term agenda?

A:  BitBean's foremost long term and existing goal, is to be a transaction-focused digital currency for everyday use (on-line for micro-payments, person-to-person transfers of value, and consumer-to-merchant.)  that is fast..simple and secure.

For merchants, BitBean offers an incentive to retain BitBean instead of converting to fiat right away. This is enabled by Sprouting BitBeans and earning rewards, by participating in the network and confirming transactions. Merchants can then use newly Sprouted BitBean (1 SPROUT = 1,000 BitBean) to give out to their customers as "Loyalty" incentives, or to keep for them-self as a hedge against market fluctuations. Long term, the goal for BitBean is to be a stable digital currency that maintains value (resistant to pump and dumps) and makes it easy to convert between other digital currencies and spend anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. A Point of Sale solution is under going development and will provide a complete solution incorporating BitBean as a native payment method along with other common payments. The point-of-sale solution will be offered under a separate Company entity, not directly affiliated with Bean Core. With a BitBean mobile app, users will be able to convert Bitcoin to BitBean and vis-versa without a third party exchange, from within the "wallet" and allow direct purchase using BitBean via the BitBean network. The advantage of being able to transact with BitBean directly, is that transactions are instant and the merchant can be given a guarantee that the funds transferred are not double spent in a very short period.(BitBean has a target confirmation time of 1 minute or less! After 6 confirmations on the network, settlement is considered complete. BitBean are able to be spent again with only 1 confirmation, but 6 confirmations are recommended for large transfers.)

A:  BitBean is a scale-able digital currency and with further improvements being made to core, will be in a position to compete with PayPal level of transactions on a global scale (1,300-2,000 tps), but decentralized - with holders of BitBean owning the network and value being determined by the market.

Q2:  Other than speculative value, what can I buy with BitBean today and in the future?

A:  Currently, there are only a few marketplaces where you can spend BitBean, links can be found at the top of this thread in our ANN under the heading "SERVICES". It is expected that as BitBean develops into a mature digital currency, this will grow.

A:  In the near future, beanstore.co will be launched, offering real beans(food), coffee and other bean related goods for sale with BitBean. It will also allow BitBean as a value-added to other goods, to be purchased with credit cards.

Q3:  Does BitBean have valuation strategy?

A:  BitBean's valuation strategy is based on a long-term plan, of creating real demand for its use and acceptance into the marketplace, as a fast..simple and secure method of payment. Use cases include, but are not limited to, micro-payments (ex. transferring value for content creators, to purchasing computational resources) to actual transfers of value for purchasing real goods and services (on-line via eCommerce or in-person via traditional brick and mortar merchants). Our formulation for achieving the strategy includes a focus on maintaining an honest, stable, secure and long-term digital currency. BitBean's network is among one of the strongest PoS based crypto-currency networks, being in operation for nearly two years, rock solid reliability and no hardforks. BitBean has maintained an average of 70% of BitBean actively sprouting with well over 100 active nodes world-wide currently.

If you should have any other questions, please feel free to ask in our PUBLIC LIVE CHAT facility.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Activity: 343
Merit: 304
You arent Insane yet, get Insane to go Insane!
I have been stacking some Bitbeans for while, but i have questions for devs.

What is bitbean long term agenda?

For what i can spend Bitbeans today and future?

Does Bitbean have valuation strategy?
ok is a good decision, yobit is not a reliable cryptocoin partner with such long maintenance periods.

I also think it's a good decision to remove BitBean from Yobit as we have had nothing be down time with the wallet on Yobit and it get's very frustrating. I withdrew all my Beans the last time the wallet was online and not long after that it was in maintenance again so I'm glad all my Beans are off there. I just hope everyone who has Beans on there can withdraw them. I have also re-tweeted BitBeans Tweet.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
ok is a good decision, yobit is not a reliable cryptocoin partner with such long maintenance periods.
Activity: 251
Based on the recent poll and the consistent downtime of the Yobit BitBean wallet (over the last few months), I have requested Yobit put their BitBean wallet back on-line so BitBean holders can withdraw.

Here is the tweet I sent to them:  

"BitBean ‏@BitBeanCoin  1m1 minute ago
get $BITB wallet online & keep it until our community can withdrawal most all #BitBean then we don't bother you again..deal? @YobitExchange"

https://twitter.com/BitBeanCoin

Consider this advanced notice to be prepared to remove your BitBean from  Yobit Exchange and remove your buy orders there.

Yobit Exchange will no longer be listed or recommended as an Official Exchange for BitBean.

Please see our ANN for list of recommended exchanges.

Activity: 462

BitBean Electrum network is back in operation.
 BitBean Android Keychain "Thin Wallet" is now fully functional again!

Do you have documentation to setup another bitbean electrum node? I will help provide a new node

Planning to have a docker container to make it easier to deploy a node. This is few targets away. At the moment we have two nodes, so we are in good shape. Focus is on getting v1.1.2 done, then deploying Testnet..then v1.1.2 Beta release.

What is needed most right now is some marketing and volume on Bittrex, so I can focus on core.

Come join in our live chat and help build our community: Team Bean Live Chat Hangouts
Would be encouraging to see more people in there!

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

I send request to cryptogiveaways.org to list bitbean. Here is thread  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/launched-cryptogiveawaysorg-faucet-claim-btc-ok-emc2-ozc-grn-and-dmd-1713981

Do you have documentation to setup another bitbean electrum node? I will help provide a new node

Planning to have a docker container to make it easier to deploy a node. This is few targets away. At the moment we have two nodes, so we are in good shape. Focus is on getting v1.1.2 done, then deploying Testnet..then v1.1.2 Beta release.

What is needed most right now is some marketing and volume on Bittrex, so I can focus on core.

Come join in our live chat and help build our community: Team Bean Live Chat Hangouts
Would be encouraging to see more people in there!

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Activity: 462

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
I have used the BitBean wallet on several platforms (debain 8, Vista, Windows 7 and windows 10),
both 32bit and 64bit, none have had any problems other than slight rendering differences.

Currently I am using Windows 7 64bit with an outdated BitBean.conf finding 10 peers and it is staking
24/7, note to myself, update the BitBean.conf.

Backup your wallet.dat regularly (with a copy saved on a USB stick or better still save the BitBean
folder when the wallet is not active, that will negate a lengthy resync if disaster hits). I shutdown
and reload the wallet now and again but don't forget to unlock for staking though.

Other maintenance functions if you are staking is to activate the Bean control features so that you
can reblock really old ones and ones that are too small. Maybe this is another discussion, I am glad
to advise.

Anyone having wallet problems please relate as much information here or one of the many other
avenues of communications found on the Bean website http://www.bitbean.org .

So bitbean is traded mostly on bittrex? I have a bunch over at cryptopia, but the activity on their markets is....very inactive. I'm surprised at seeing how big  the community is here, after thinking the coin was dead! I'll have to move to another exchange....cheers guys, best of luck to the bitbean project as well!

Yes that is correct, most of the daily trading volume is on Bittrex which is good for the coin as we need as much daily volume as we can on this exchange. Because we don't want BitBean to be delisted as Bittrex is one of the top exchanges in the crypto world. And same goes to you my friend good luck!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust
So bitbean is traded mostly on bittrex? I have a bunch over at cryptopia, but the activity on their markets is....very inactive. I'm surprised at seeing how big  the community is here, after thinking the coin was dead! I'll have to move to another exchange....cheers guys, best of luck to the bitbean project as well!
I have no problems, wallet running for 18 months with 60-70 peers every day 24/7.

Same here, I've never had a problem with the wallet not syncing or loosing connections. I always have about 8+ connections every day and all through the day they stay around that many. Just purchased another few hundred thousand Beans from Bittrex to help keep the volume up and the good thing is the daily volume on Bittrex is great at the moment and hopefully this stays like this.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have no problems, wallet running for 18 months with 60-70 peers every day 24/7.
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
Been running my wallet for 2 years str8, never had a problem always stays connected and sync.
Jump to: