Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 16. (Read 275855 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186
Also when i set it up, it doesn't show you your backup seed?  Do i click on file and then backup keys... but when i do this, im saving the wallet.dat file to my computer right?  But there is no 12 word seed for this?  Where is the 12 word seed where i can write down?

In settings, i see there is option of encrypt keys and change passphrase.

Do i do that afterwards?  

I am going to sync the whole thing as i want to keep it as simple as possible.

But this wallet sure seems strange as they don't even tell you your seed...

I downloaded beancash core v1.1.2.2RC.  My computer is windows 10 64 bit.

Also on the bottom right of the beancash, it shows a red X and says no active connections?  Did this had to do with me changing it from public connection to private?  Is there a way to change it from private to public now?  Or only way to do that would be uninstall beancash wallet and install it again? 
Downloaded wallet.

Question asked was to allow this in private or public... public meaning like coffeehouse but not secure etc.  It was checked there already... do i change this to private?  Because that is what i did.

Also program shows out of sync.  How do i sync it?  I dont see any option for this.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
The Bean Cash blockchain is getting too big for my laptop now, is there any way to make the blockchain smaller? I also have DigiByte which has a big blockchain so I'm thinking about using a staking pool for Bean Cash while I save for a new laptop with more space to stake Bean Cash.

vella85, not your private key, not your coins.
is it worse to trust any of these pool or to wait for a new notebook?

please don't get me wrong.

I agree with you my friend as I don't really trust staking pools and never really use them unless I have to. I really want to keep staking Bean Cash but I might just have to stop for now until I get a better laptop that has a lot more memory then my current laptop. Thanks!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Because this wallet is not that simple.  All wallets i download, its download it... then have coin sent from so and so to it.  This one ppl say it take 3 days to sync...

Also i never downloaded an entire blockchain before ever on my computer.  So if it takes 3 days to sync.. that means while computer on 24/7?  Could i have computer turned on for 15 hours to sync it... then turn off computer.  Turn on computer later on and continue syncing?

A person pm me on this and said i could download bluestacks on my windows computer since i dont have android phone.  That way, i dont need to download whole blockchain.

Has anyone here done this?

Has anyone here kept beancash in another exchange besides bittrex?  If so, which one and do you recommend it?

Please stop asking your questions again and again.
Do it or not. There are many answer and guides.
Jeez  Roll Eyes
Because this wallet is not that simple.  All wallets i download, its download it... then have coin sent from so and so to it.  This one ppl say it take 3 days to sync...

Also i never downloaded an entire blockchain before ever on my computer.  So if it takes 3 days to sync.. that means while computer on 24/7?  Could i have computer turned on for 15 hours to sync it... then turn off computer.  Turn on computer later on and continue syncing?

A person pm me on this and said i could download bluestacks on my windows computer since i dont have android phone.  That way, i dont need to download whole blockchain.

Has anyone here done this?

Has anyone here kept beancash in another exchange besides bittrex?  If so, which one and do you recommend it?
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
What do you mean beancash blockchain getting too big for laptop?  So you mean once you download it and sync it... it gets bigger as time progresses?  3.3gb is pretty big for a wallet.

Can someone here who downloaded beancash wallet tell me if doing the download it and then make it sync faster will work and do they recommend that?  First off... no matter what, the wallet will be 3.3gb either way?  But if i do this, then i could sync it less than 1 hour... then have beancash sent from exchange to it?

Does anyone here store beancash in an exchange?  I use bittrex but i have to move my coins out of there as they no longer serve where im located.  So do i just download it and let it sync 3 days instead?  I prefer to download wallet... then have beancash sent from bittrex to it asap...

Apparently instead of doing something about it you prefer sitting on this forum asking questions over and over again Undecided
What do you mean beancash blockchain getting too big for laptop?  So you mean once you download it and sync it... it gets bigger as time progresses?  3.3gb is pretty big for a wallet.

Can someone here who downloaded beancash wallet tell me if doing the download it and then make it sync faster will work and do they recommend that?  First off... no matter what, the wallet will be 3.3gb either way?  But if i do this, then i could sync it less than 1 hour... then have beancash sent from exchange to it?

Does anyone here store beancash in an exchange?  I use bittrex but i have to move my coins out of there as they no longer serve where im located.  So do i just download it and let it sync 3 days instead?  I prefer to download wallet... then have beancash sent from bittrex to it asap...
Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015
The Bean Cash blockchain is getting too big for my laptop now, is there any way to make the blockchain smaller? I also have DigiByte which has a big blockchain so I'm thinking about using a staking pool for Bean Cash while I save for a new laptop with more space to stake Bean Cash.

vella85, not your private key, not your coins.
is it worse to trust any of these pool or to wait for a new notebook?

please don't get me wrong.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
Hi.  So did you do this or did you do the full sync?

Yes i can use google.

Well i could not find a simple guide online... that is why i ask this.
legendary
Hi there.  Have you done this before?  Those are very clear instructions.

Can others confirm this is the way to do it?  If it takes 1 hour only... would it use less than the 3.3 gb someone else said is this wallet?

In my case the blockchain weights 2.7Gb, not 3.3.

And there is plenty of guides out there that describe how to use blockchain snapshot if you want to verify. Unless you live on one of the countries where google is banned.
Hi there.  Have you done this before?  Those are very clear instructions.

Can others confirm this is the way to do it?  If it takes 1 hour only... would it use less than the 3.3 gb someone else said is this wallet?
legendary
Okay anyone that has beancash in the wallet can tell me specifically how do i do this if i don't want it to take long to sync?

I want to download wallet... then have beancash sent from exchange to it... without waiting a long time for it to sync.

1.Start your wallet. The folder "BitBean" will be automatically created in your C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming directory
2. Close the wallet.
3. Go to that "BitBean" folder and delete everything except for your wallet.dat file
4. Download this archive https://mega.nz/#!UUgSlaTQ!fDtR0uqVcGS6s7BsF57P3ht9KlPAB0MMcL7v_FNzhTM
and extract everything into your BitBean folder.
5. Run the wallet again. It should sync much faster now (less then an hour I suppose).
Okay anyone that has beancash in the wallet can tell me specifically how do i do this if i don't want it to take long to sync?

I want to download wallet... then have beancash sent from exchange to it... without waiting a long time for it to sync.
Anyone can answer this?  Thank you.
Hi there.  Going to download it now. 

Someone says get a battery backup for another laptop?  Can someone explain this?  So some of you have a laptop specifically for your beancash?  So that mean you have at least 500 dollars worth of beancash right?  I dont even have anywhere near that much anymore since beancash drop a lot in price when i first go it. 

Okay so i want to download it on my main windows computer.  I do everything on this computer as in keeping online wallets etc.  So tt takes fast to download and open right? But i need it to sync and it take about 3 days. ?So basically i have to wait until its done syncing before i have beancash sent to the wallet... is that correct or not?  So if i keep computer on 12 hours a day only... i would have it syncing when its on... then close the program and shut computer down.  Then turn on laptop later on... then open beancash and let it sync... so it could take up to a week or so if i do it this way?

Also where do most of you buy beancash?  Are there some of you that keep beancash in exchange? I have beancash in bittrex but i have to move it out because it no longer serves my state.  What other exchanges do you guys buy beancash at?  Do almost all of you use bittrex? 

Can someone here who uses an exchange besides bittrex for beancash tell me which exchange they use and their experience with it? 

Also is there anyone here who download beancash on their computer and make the syncing faster?  If so... can you post the step by step directions for someont that is not computer savy on how to do this?  I would like to download wallet and then have beancash sent to it immediately from exchange like electrum etc...

Thank you.
Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015
Hi.  What is a bootstrap?

Hi, it's a kind of snapshot from the Chain.
So you don't have to sync from scratch.

Okay I will download it now then.  When i download it, it download pretty quick right?  But when i start it up, it will take about 3 days to sync?  So basically, i need to have my laptop turned on for 3 days straight?  Or i could turn it off... then sync it the next day when i turn my laptop on?

Yes, it is much faster but depends on your connection and hdd/ssd speed.
You can turn your notebook off (but closing the Client before) then it will sync again the next time you run the wallet.

So at what moment can i send beancash from exchange to the beancash wallet?  After everything syncs which takes 3 days at least?  Or i could send it immediately after i finish downloading beancash? 

Also can someone here confirm how much gb beancash wallet takes?  Someone says 3.7gb?  I ask this because i don't have that much space left on my laptop.

Thanks.

You can send it whenever you want. The coins are not on your notebook.
They are on the chain.
Public key -> Private key
Thats the magic  Grin

It takes around 3,3GB at here.
Anyone can answer this?  I have to move my beancash from exchange to wallet soon.

Hi.  What is a bootstrap?

Okay I will download it now then.  When i download it, it download pretty quick right?  But when i start it up, it will take about 3 days to sync?  So basically, i need to have my laptop turned on for 3 days straight?  Or i could turn it off... then sync it the next day when i turn my laptop on?

So at what moment can i send beancash from exchange to the beancash wallet?  After everything syncs which takes 3 days at least?  Or i could send it immediately after i finish downloading beancash? 

Also can someone here confirm how much gb beancash wallet takes?  Someone says 3.7gb?  I ask this because i don't have that much space left on my laptop.

Thanks.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
you're making it harder than what it is. just download it and run it. you can use a bootstrap to make it somewhat faster but you say you are not 'tech savy' so it seems you don't want to learn how to do that, so just open it up and leave it alone and it will sync up. reading this thread, if you would have done this when you first started asking questions you would already be synced and sprouting by now. not to be mean or sound like an ass, sorry if you take it that way, but you don't want it to take a couple days to sync however this reluctance to start the wallet has taken almost a month.
Pages:
Jump to: