Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitBean is Now Bean Cash | First v3 POS | First 20MB Max Blocks | 7+ Yrs. - page 17. (Read 275855 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186
Im going to download the beancash wallet on my computer now.

Can someone tell me with clearer instructions on how to do this where it doesn't take days to sync?  I read at the bottom of page, do these steps to make it faster.

So if i download the wallet as normal, its quick to download it like an electrum wallet right?  But when you start it, it will sync and take days before you can use it?  So i can't download it... then have beancash sent from exchange to it pretty quick?
My beancash is not even worth a laptop now at the moment... not even a used one.

Does anyone here keep their beancash in an exchange?  Anyone have them in say upbit?  If so, is it good exchange?
Activity: 402
Merit: 109
my Beans can beat your Beans in a fight
I only have one machine.  So if i download the wallet, will it take me 3 days?  Anyone here can make the wallet smaller so to speak?  I don't want to use up much space on my laptop... not much space left and also because i want a simple wallet...

laptops are cheap now, just get another for your Beans.
I only have one machine.  So if i download the wallet, will it take me 3 days?  Anyone here can make the wallet smaller so to speak?  I don't want to use up much space on my laptop... not much space left and also because i want a simple wallet...
When you say dedicated machine, it could be your main computer that you do everything on right?  You don't mean a computer specifically for sprouting?

I just want a wallet to keep beancash on...

That depends on how serious you are but for me its worth it to have a computer solely dedicated to Beans with a battery back-up.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
http://darkjedy.blogspot.ru/
How many coins need to start staking?
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
How much gb does it take up your computer?

The blockchain folder takes around 3.7Gb
How much gb does it take up your computer?
Activity: 200
Merit: 1
When you say dedicated machine, it could be your main computer that you do everything on right?  You don't mean a computer specifically for sprouting?

I have more than 10 different wallets running and staking on my laptop. So yes, your main computer will do Smiley

Okay if i download the wallet, how long would it take then?  Other wallets like electrum takes very quick to download and setup.  How long would it take?

Also how much space would it take on your hard drive?  So if you do the default installation, it will take days to install it?  Wouldn't that mean it would be huge gb use of hard drive then?

If you are a serious sprouter its best to have a dedicated machine. It doesn't take alot of space but it takes a while to download the blockchain. The wallet download itself is pretty simple. Just keep it online so it can build up connections.
Activity: 161
Merit: 19
Okay if i download the wallet, how long would it take then?  Other wallets like electrum takes very quick to download and setup.  How long would it take?

Also how much space would it take on your hard drive?  So if you do the default installation, it will take days to install it?  Wouldn't that mean it would be huge gb use of hard drive then?

Maybe you can find better answers here: https://live.beancash.org/login

Vin
legendary
Activity: 1166
Merit: 1015
Okay i have to move my beancash from bittrex to somewhere soon.  Do you suggest downloading the beancash wallet or finding an exchange that takes beancash?  Why is there not a simple wallet for it similar to like electrum or something for beancash?

Not your key, not your coins.

If you are a trader, than an Exchange seems to be ok.
You need them.

If you only want to sprout and "own" your coins, it is better to have them in your own wallet.

Okay i have to move my beancash from bittrex to somewhere soon.  Do you suggest downloading the beancash wallet or finding an exchange that takes beancash?  Why is there not a simple wallet for it similar to like electrum or something for beancash?
Activity: 161
Merit: 19
Okay well im not tech savy.  So if i install the entire beancash blockchain, i have to leave my computer on the entire time?  

Do most of you do this or not? The other thing is this.  How much gb does it take up in your hard drive?  So the faster method takes how long?  I mean why would a wallet take this long to sync compared to other wallets that takes less than a minute to install?

If you want to sprout your beans, you will need to leave the wallet open anyways afterwards.
Make sure you are able to synchronize with the network and are getting more than one connection.

Encrypt your Wallet with a Passphrase using the Menu -> Settings -> Encrypt Keys (or Encrypt Vault).

Backup your Wallet using the Menu -> File -> Backup Keys (or Backup Vault).

It is recommended to make at least two backup copies to offline media (USB drive/devices).

Stop Beancash-qt (or BitBean-qt) from running with the Menu -> File -> Exit.

Open the Folder where you put BitBean.conf (if you are running newer Bean Cash version, this file should be renamed to "Beancash.conf", not "BitBean.conf") originally and delete all subfolders and files except: BitBean.conf, peers.dat, wallet.dat

Download this file and save it to the same BitBean folder as the files you kept.

Extract the contents of the .zip file to the same .BitBean folder.

Select Skip/Keep Original when prompted to overwrite the original peers.dat file.

After the extraction is complete, restart Bean Cash Core (or BitBean-qt if you have the older version).

Is it really this complicated?
Okay well im not tech savy.  So if i install the entire beancash blockchain, i have to leave my computer on the entire time? 

Do most of you do this or not? The other thing is this.  How much gb does it take up in your hard drive?  So the faster method takes how long?  I mean why would a wallet take this long to sync compared to other wallets that takes less than a minute to install?
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Note: Bean Cash is a very mature blockchain (Nearly 4yrs old!)It will normally take about 3-4 days to fully synchronize your node with the blockchain.

For a faster sync you can use this blockchain snapshot: https://mega.nz/#!UUgSlaTQ!fDtR0uqVcGS6s7BsF57P3ht9KlPAB0MMcL7v_FNzhTM
Bittrex pump dead coins  Grin

haterz gonna hate! lol.

Meanwhile in BeanLand, ROI met, all crypto investments paid for and Beans are still coming in daily. All in profit, yay Beans!
Pages:
Jump to: