Pages:
Author

Topic: ★[ANN] BitCloak Mixer - Btc - Bch - Fast - Trusted - Api - Pgp - since 2016 ★ - page 6. (Read 22572 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 5
Used to follow the development of this tumbler service years ago then lost track for a while. Is good to see its still up and running strong. Will use it again as needed. Do you have plans to add more crypto currencies in the future?

Hello, thank you for your feedback.
Yes we will add more cryptocurrencies in the future, LTC will probably be the next one.
Currently we are working on more important updates on the core service.
Will be here,
BitCloak
Activity: 97
Merit: 1
Used to follow the development of this tumbler service years ago then lost track for a while. Is good to see its still up and running strong. Will use it again as needed. Do you have plans to add more crypto currencies in the future?
Activity: 84
Bitcloak support is one of the best. ive used an expired mixer address by mistake (my fault) but they refunded me the full amount (400$+) in less than a day.
Activity: 95
I've been using this service since 11/2018 whenever I buy some bitcoins, it works really well and the pay anonymously option is very useful. Would recommend.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Its not clear what are you even trying to do here.
You even edited your own quote to show bitcloak name instead of bestmixer, pretty rude thing
I did that to put things on context. Both work the same way, so they have the same conceptual vulnerability. Why do you think I even put a strikethrough on BestMixers name? FacePalm.

since this sentence is incorrect "works exactly as the other traditional mixers".
Coins on Address A;

Send coins to mixer -> Receive coins on Address B.

Both work exactly this way (like every other traditional mixer).

here is trying to discredit the competition (since you are paid by chipmixer).
I'm not trying to discredit anyone. I'm not biased on my opinions (I was even defending BitBlender yesterday from a guy claiming that he was scammed - wtf). Stop with the ad hominem. You are trying to discredit my opinions and posts based on my signature, while all I'm saying is 100% TRUE. Attack my arguments and not my signature. FFS.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
You even edited your own quote to show bitcloak name instead of bestmixer, pretty rude thing
since this sentence is incorrect "works exactly as the other traditional mixers".
I'm not affiliated or sponsored by bitcloak, just a happy user of the service, but its clear that your job
here is trying to discredit the competition (since you are paid by chipmixer).
I agree, lets quit derailing this thread.
legendary
Those concerns can be applied to millions of websites where sensitive information is exchanged, including bitcointalk.
Exactly. Glad you understood.

Its objectively far worse to leave naked servers hosted in usa-friendly countries, failing to completely anonymize a transaction, not offering refunds for wrong deposits and keeping logs for a week. Many services are doing that.
TIL something extremely bad (like letting a big company under USA jurisdiction control all your traffic between server and client) is ok because the competitors do something I (subjectively) think it's worst. Great logic.

A pretty negative thing about the service in your signature is explained in this post.
This:

I just had a look and it doesn't appear to make any link between funds coming out of ChipMixer to funds going into ChipMixer so it seems to show that ChipMixer works.

And this:
That’s funny for you to say after this post: Breaking Mixing Services

Quoting it:
I found some trivial bugs (timing attacks, leakages, xss, ...) through which nearly all relevant centralized bitcoin mixing services could be broken. Based on outgoing mixing transactions (transactions sent by the mixer) I was able to identify the correct incoming transactions sent by customers (vice versa). [...]

[...] In my thesis, I attacked coinmixer.se (at the time of writing it was the biggest centralized mixing service), however - except chipmixer.com1 - every other centralized mixing service I checked could be broken in a similar fashion.

While the author doesn’t explicitly quotes BestMixer’s bitcloak's name, it is clear that BestMixer’s bitcloak's works exactly as the other traditional mixers (except that they charge huge fees for some “extra privacy” methods that no one can confirm if it works or if it even does anything at all).

ChipMixer isn't even on try here. So, weird for you to say this when we're talking about putting a government-controlled company in the middle of a totally privacy-oriented service.

Let's not derail this thread, ok?
CloudFare acts as MITM when you use it. This means that they know EVERYTHING that is happening from the view of the user (addresses, amount, final destination, IP, etc...). It’s can basically log everything and give to the authorities at any moment. How the hell is this not a problem for a mixing website?

Those concerns can be applied to millions of websites where sensitive information is exchanged, including bitcointalk.
Its objectively far worse to leave naked servers hosted in usa-friendly countries, failing to completely anonymize a transaction, not offering refunds for wrong deposits and keeping logs for a week. Many services are doing that. A pretty negative thing about the service in your signature is explained in this post.
I'm not a fan of public debates so I'll go back into my lair now. Cool
legendary
Once again,an other mixer using cloudflare.STOP USING CLOUDFLARE you are a mixer not a bank.

There is nothing wrong with cloudflare, plenty of services are using it.
Perhaps you should be more concerned about other mixers security (the ones you ask about in your post history),
as they dont hide the server ip address, host the service in insecure countries and lack complete tools to anonymize transactions.
CloudFare acts as MITM when you use it. This means that they know EVERYTHING that is happening from the view of the user (addresses, amount, final destination, IP, etc...). It’s can basically log everything and give to the authorities at any moment. How the hell is this not a problem for a mixing website?
Once again,an other mixer using cloudflare.STOP USING CLOUDFLARE you are a mixer not a bank.

There is nothing wrong with cloudflare, plenty of services are using it.
Perhaps you should be more concerned about other mixers security (the ones you ask about in your post history),
as they dont hide the server ip address, host the service in insecure countries and lack complete tools to anonymize transactions.
Activity: 12
Hello,

I'm trying to get ahold of bitcloak admin. I sent some coin to mix and never received anything. I put in a few different addresses to send it to but never received any coin. I looked up the bitcloak address provided by them to sent it to...and it says that it received it but is unspent. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if it's just me. Maybe I messed up the receiving addresses but I've used it before and it was fine. I've sent several messages to the email provided on the site and have not received any reply. It's been a couple days too... maybe it's stuck now or something.  anyone know? Thanks.

Hi there,
sorry for the delay.
I've replied to you email minutes ago to arrange a full refund as your order was not processed.
Thank you,
BitCloak
Activity: 2
I didn't save my ID info or session pgp... I usually do but figured that it would be work fine like it usually does. I've used it a number of times and never had a problem so I know it's usually all good. I do own both the sending and receiving wallets though and looked up the address of where I sent the coin on the blockchain and it gives me the info for the transaction. It says it has been received but has not been spent by the receiving address. I have the details of the transaction like the excact amount sent and addresses to be sent to as well as the exact timestamp of the transaction on the blockchain...which only the sender would have access to... So, i'm hoping all this is enough to have the admin have a look at the transaction and see what the problem is. I can verify the receiving addesses and such so hopefully I can get the coin released. I know I should have kept the transaction ID and session PGP as well but figured all would be fine... hopefully I have enough details for him to figure it out.
legendary
Activity: 2
Hello,

I'm trying to get ahold of bitcloak admin. I sent some coin to mix and never received anything. I put in a few different addresses to send it to but never received any coin. I looked up the bitcloak address provided by them to sent it to...and it says that it received it but is unspent. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if it's just me. Maybe I messed up the receiving addresses but I've used it before and it was fine. I've sent several messages to the email provided on the site and have not received any reply. It's been a couple days too... maybe it's stuck now or something.  anyone know? Thanks.
Nice to see the service is receiving updates, keep up the good work.
Hello,
small update:
- lowered the max random fee range (service is now slightly cheaper)
- optimized and improved overall speed (both website and mixer engine)
- increased randomness of transactions, amounts, timing (better mix quality)
- fixed api feature for pgp proof generation (bch only, added error handling)
- improved "check mix status" functionality (sometimes slow at detecting deposits)

If you are a user of the mixer feel free to give merit/trust to this account or post your feedback.
It is very appreciated and helps the service grow. Thank you,
BitCloak
Activity: 6
For those following, BitCloak did refund the money as promised.  I have deleted the scam accusation.  Thanks to everyone involved.
Activity: 6
I thought it odd that one would scam a measly $40, but the lack of communication was disconcerting.  I'll close out the scam alert as soon as the refund is received.  Thanks.
Are people still having luck with this mixer?  I sent $40 worth of BTC to it on Monday and it has yet to acknowledge or send my BTC to the address I gave it.  Also, the mixer ID now shows invalid when I try to check status (it showed valid but waiting for deposits before that).

I should note that I did attempt to contact their support by both methods (email and jabber) and have gotten no response.

Thanks.  Will do. Sent an email 1/3, then hit them up on Jabber today.  No response.  Confirmed the BTC hit the address given to me (I also confirmed via their key that it was the legit address and site).

Edit: Posted:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/deleted-bitcloak-concern-resolved-amicably-5093705

Hello, sorry for the delay.
I just replied to your email offering (as usual) a full refund.
Will complete the transaction as soon as you reply by email with a refund address.

You deposited less than the minimum amount (0.01 btc), as is clearly stated in the mixer rules/faq.
This is the reason your mix was not processed.
BitCloak service is running since 2016 and processed thousands of bitcoins, is very silly to think is scamming 40$.

Thank you, will be here.
BitCloak
Pages:
Jump to: