Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 446. (Read 704412 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'm loading up, Bitcoin Cash seems to be the future of bitcoin. What exactly is better about bitcoin core then cash?

Seems all the advantages lie in Cash other than Bitcoin has the simple "Bitcoin" name. I've done hundreds (probably close to a thousand) bitcoin transactions and its really not even useable as a currency, it takes too long with too big of fees.

Sure, the current fee level of BTC can not support micro transaction. even big transaction. Too expensive.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
Problem is that on-chain scalability is no sustainable scalability solution.

Of course. 'Everybody knows that'. Of course, 'everybody' also knows that 'anything over 1MB is unsafe'. Funny that BCH is chugging along at 8MB.
They're chugging along with about 20kb blocks, barely any transactions in their blocks.

I say we set up a spam group and see how BCH really performs with constant 8MB blocks really make use of those 1sat transactions not hard to write a bash script to query blitcoin-cli to get/create addresses to send/receive from and just run transactions around and around in an infinite loop to different addresses you already own for next to nothing get confirmed and go again and again

Give me 2 mins and ill knock something up quick

Before you claim 8MB blocks are working at least try running the network with them

EDIT
Here you go don't know how well it will work lol but something like this would probably do the job

1.Set fee to nothing if its allowed
2. Get a new address
3. Send a random low amount to the new address
4. Repeat forever as fast as the system will allow until killed (CTRL+C)

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/locaiontoyour/bitcoin-cli -conf=/locationtoyourconf/bitcoin.conf settxfee 0.00000000
while true
do
        NEWADDR="$(/locaiontoyour/bitcoin-cli -conf=/locationtoyourconf/bitcoin.conf getnewaddress)"
SENDAMT=0.000000$(( $RANDOM % 99 + 1 ))
/locaiontoyour/bitcoin-cli -conf=/locationtoyourconf/bitcoin.conf sendtoaddress "${NEWADDR}" ${SENDAMT}
done
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

Of course. 'Everybody knows that'. Of course, 'everybody' also knows that 'anything over 1MB is unsafe'. Funny that BCH is chugging along at 8MB.
They're chugging along with about 20kb blocks, barely any transactions in their blocks.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
Everyone said that this is the pump and make it to the shear rams for money. Now it occurs gradually, and many will embrace a coin instead of money. Remember this time, it will go down in history.  Grin
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
I'm loading up, Bitcoin Cash seems to be the future of bitcoin. What exactly is better about bitcoin core then cash?

Seems all the advantages lie in Cash other than Bitcoin has the simple "Bitcoin" name. I've done hundreds (probably close to a thousand) bitcoin transactions and its really not even useable as a currency, it takes too long with too big of fees.

Problem is that on-chain scalability is no sustainable scalability solution. BCH is prioritizing on-chain scalability while Bitcoin focuses on off-chain scalability. Up to you what you think is more sustainable (talking about the long-term). Quality of developers, existing ecosystem and other factors also play a role. And in the end it doesn't have to be "either" "or". Both could serve a purpose.
Merit: 100

legendary
The amount of people in this Thread that boast a Trust: -2: -1 / +0 Warning: Trade with extreme caution! is too high.

What with Lauda running roughshod though this thread, and tagging everyone who points out that Bitcoin Cash was Bitcoin before Bitcoin Segwit was Bitcoin with negative trust, what would you expect?

LoL, is this where you neg trust has its origin?

yeppers.

It's not fair they claim btc is the real Bitcoin

No Fair!

leavebritneybitcoinalone.gif

Maybe... they can get Barry at DCG to hop on board. Doesn't he need to buy up some BCH anyway by January 1, 2018 to compensate his Coinbase customers?

What makes you think that? Coinbase should already have all the BCH they need to make customers whole.
legendary
You should check the latest tweet from the owner of BCH.

You should check yo sef. There is no 'owner of BCH'.
Is this one of the reasons why the epic BCH pump has ended?
https://twitter.com/ProfFaustus/status/932247391788519425

Yes congrats all you BCH holders you now all own a share in a lambo

From a few days ago talking about helping the poor to this picture... I must admit, I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it.

Edit: You don't see Bill Gates taking such pictures, that's for sure.
Bill buys cities not lambos, lambos are for the nouveau riche.
https://nypost.com/2017/11/13/bill-gates-firm-buys-arizona-land-for-80-million-to-create-smart-city/
Activity: 111
Merit: 12
business as usual, newly rich cryptographers.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
does BCH solves a real problem ? yes
is BCH a nice branding name ? yes
will more and more miners get on BCH ? if the prices continues to rise yesss
should i invest in it ? yes because i've already made 5x and didn't sell yet, businesses are getting in, there is a momentum here + the recent decline is due to massive

will BTC be listed as a future on CME and BTC bubbles development coming to an end ? yes

1. buy BCH
2. BTC future golive
3. Huh
4. profit!!
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
What you can't understand is that no one cares about the creator of any coin, no one care if vitalik is a pedophile or if satoshi in reality was i don't know a serial killer or whatever you want.

You have to judge any crypto by economic standards,

does BCH solves a real problem ? yes
is BCH a nice branding name ? yes
will more and more miners get on BCH ? if the prices continues to rise yesss
should i invest in it ? yes because i've already made 5x and didn't sell yet, businesses are getting in, there is a momentum here + the recent decline is due to massive
massive dumps on the market from various exchanges (just look at the volume which is huge and the amount of transactions on BCH which is small) that confirms this hypothesis

You have serious mental trouble if you go think that everyone is an angel lol ...if you are waiting for angel to buy food, crypto, ... from then i'm afraid you will not deal with anyone...

Yes congrats all you BCH holders you now all own a share in a lambo
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Xapo is next I think they are auto selling customers BCH funds and crediting in BTC on something like the 15th December if not withdrawn by the deadline don't know how much they own though

they controlled over half a million coins, but they must've steadily sold a bunch since it was announced as it was sitting there in your wallet. there might not be much of a blip by december.

That's what I mean it's unknown how many are left
Can anyone legitimately answer why the block times are still not executing every 10 minutes? Wasnt the HF supposed to fix this problem? Is there some sort of re-targeting grace period that needs to take place?

I am starting to become concerned that the HF didnt do what it was supposed to do, however i am not very technically proficient so my concern might be absolutely arbitrary.

Can anyone explain what is going on re: block times ... thanks in advance.

BTCitcoin cash to the moon

The difficulty will adjust - we are now faster than 10 minute block time. The difficulty will rise to bring it closer to 10 minutes.

https://fork.lol/pow/speed

Its just alternating as before but more frequently which it better long term but the miners are trying to find a way to get maximum profit by chain hopping
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Xapo is next I think they are auto selling customers BCH funds and crediting in BTC on something like the 15th December if not withdrawn by the deadline don't know how much they own though

they controlled over half a million coins, but they must've steadily sold a bunch since it was announced as it was sitting there in your wallet. there might not be much of a blip by december.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
Can anyone legitimately answer why the block times are still not executing every 10 minutes? Wasnt the HF supposed to fix this problem? Is there some sort of re-targeting grace period that needs to take place?

I am starting to become concerned that the HF didnt do what it was supposed to do, however i am not very technically proficient so my concern might be absolutely arbitrary.

Can anyone explain what is going on re: block times ... thanks in advance.

BTCitcoin cash to the moon

The difficulty will adjust - we are now faster than 10 minute block time. The difficulty will rise to bring it closer to 10 minutes.

https://fork.lol/pow/speed
This weekend pump is boring, I had popcorn ready but I will save them for next weekend.
Not so many suckers this week

Maybe, since Segwit2x is a no go, they can get Barry at DCG to hop on board. Doesn't he need to buy up some BCH anyway by January 1, 2018 to compensate his Coinbase customers?

Shouldnt the coinbase customers have their BCH from the august 1st HF snapshot? At least they should as long as CB didnt pull anything shady, which i have no reason to believe they did. I dont think CB would compromise their cash cow with something as stupid as stealing customer funds. thoughts?

All CB BCH funds are safe and no they didn't just sell it's just nonsense speculation

It is used by the BCH team to give them a reason to everyone to buy now before CB has to buy all the BCH back that they already own before it's released to all the customers in January with the risk of being sold for more BTC and causing a BCH crash

Would have been fucking hilarious if they did sell them. I glanced at some news that some people even threatened with a class action lawsuit for not getting their BCH from coinbase.
Looks like coinbase are holding the BCH nuke button

We will see what is going on with BCH price in the future. All these speculations are only gassing and nobody really knows what is going on behind the scene. Three months price was so law, under 500$ and nothing happening. I hope price will rice like price of BTC, too.
Rome was not built in a day, pumps are pumps, adjustments hurt like hell if you bought from the top, I do sympathize (not really no, burn! hardy harharhar)
Jump to: