Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 825. (Read 704387 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
looks like the BCC is trading on each exchange, only within the exchange, no BCC can be deposited or withdrwed. The price is pretty strong, don't know how real it is.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
No block for five hours and we're still enjoying calm discussion?  I'm impressed.  I'd have expected every other comment to be "MOVE BCH!" by now.

Good job bitcointalk!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
OMG POLO is back lol
legendary
john macafee uh 'endorses' bitcoin cash

https://imgur.com/a/UBWhk

then deletes it.

as he's in bed with jihan wu then maybe this is a declaration of future intent.
in an interview , john admits to losing alooot of money on crypto and he makes alot of bad choices...
so dont worry about what John says in this world lol
Bitcoincash future difficulty forecast - http://bch.xbt.it/

Thank you HostFat.  This will be a useful point of reference for my own table.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
john macafee uh 'endorses' bitcoin cash

https://imgur.com/a/UBWhk

then deletes it.

as he's in bed with jihan wu then maybe this is a declaration of future intent.
legendary
bch on kraken @ 0.186
bcc on trex @ 0.287

lol looks like 2 dif coins
bcc is worth more than bch lol

im unsure to sell my bch on kraken just now with such a huge price difference
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116
Hmm I still don't understand how this can wear the name 'Bitcoin'. Litecoin seems more Bitcoin to be than Bitcoin Cash.

What part am I missing in this puzzle?

It's pretty much the bitcoin code with a few small changes.

yeah but anyone could do that. I can change a few lines and call it Bitcoin Vulva

Now how is it related to Bitcoin? why does it deserve the tag Bitcoin Vulva?

Bitcoin Cash is just a random altcoin. Call it  Coin Cash, it's. Call it Bitcoin Cash, not ok IMO.

Exactly, but why is Bitcoin bitcoin?  Let's say 97% of the miners switched to this code version. Would it be bitcoin or not?

Is bitcoin still bitcoin, since it's running different code than when the blockchain originally launched.

It's all relative.

I agree with certain restrictions to your statement, now what will determine who is the Bitcoin are the miners and people's adoption of the currency, only time will tell.
Activity: 603
Merit: 500
Hmm I still don't understand how this can wear the name 'Bitcoin'. Litecoin seems more Bitcoin to be than Bitcoin Cash.

yeah but anyone could do that. I can change a few lines and call it Bitcoin Vulva

Bitcoin Cash is just a random altcoin. Call it  Coin Cash, it's. Call it Bitcoin Cash, not ok IMO.

Exactly, but why is Bitcoin bitcoin?  Let's say 97% of the miners switched to this code version. Would it be bitcoin or not?

Is bitcoin still bitcoin, since it's running different code than when the blockchain originally launched.

It's all relative.

I really get the point you are trying to make here,sure since they have deviated from the original plan when it all started it is quite irrelevant , i am all in for innovation and technology and if i see some good ones,i will just support them as i am not having any favorites and i will be using any coin that has a good potential.
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
Bitcoincash future difficulty forecast - http://bch.xbt.it/
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Will the price per BCH remains?  Will the difficulty go down?  It is interesting to see the game being play.

Price will go definitely down, price is quite high right now, because you simply cant move your BCH,
once difficulty go down, and blocks will start moving more constantly, people can move their coins and sell them.
Now it wasn't possible because of that, and another thing you couldn't send it to exchanges, because most
of them had, or still have turned of deposits and withdrawals as well.

This remains to be seen. The price is pretty solid now, no sign of going down yet (quite the opposite happens).
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Will the price per BCH remains?  Will the difficulty go down?  It is interesting to see the game being play.

Price will go definitely down, price is quite high right now, because you simply cant move your BCH,
once difficulty go down, and blocks will start moving more constantly, people can move their coins and sell them.
Now it wasn't possible because of that, and another thing you couldn't send it to exchanges, because most
of them had, or still have turned of deposits and withdrawals as well.
Activity: 172
It will be soon that it moves, we will then know or not the true value. Right now it is disguised by these facts.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
I have bitcoin.  How do I move it in order to get bitcoin cash?

Some people use electrum cash, compatible with electrum wallet seed, but makesure you move your Bitcoin wallet to new electrum wallet with the new seed. Then use the previous seed to access bitcoin cash in electrum cash wallet.
https://www.bitcoincash.org/
Activity: 882
Merit: 310

It's all relative.

Lol. This would mean every BIP can't be activated, because it changes the code, upgrades it, polish etc. Segwit is just another upgrade. People can't get it I guess. And making bigger blocks is the lamest idea ever on scaling (though it works, but you can't do it forever - blockchain must have still sensible size), it could be done other way. It would also mean that every hard fork (yeah there were hard forks in bitcoin) was bad, and changed 'the original' blockchain. Why they don't speed up to 1 minute blocks - it would make transactions faster, no? It would but still it's not giod idea for making faster network.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

From electrum webpage:

https://electrum.org/bcc2.txt
They don't even have retarget difficulty at every block?

They do, but the trigger considers the timestamps of the youngest 17 blocks and these take time to generate.  To take fewer blocks into account would invite timestamp manipulation.

Could you point me to the code that does that?  I searched GitHub and could not find the implementation of the new diff retarget.

Sure.  It's here:
https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/blob/6df5c9ce02d801e04392e4ce13f84de7ed03e5d6/src/pow.cpp#L63-L82

Note the use of GetMedianTimePast which itself is calculated using the timestamps of earlier blocks.  This is implemented here:
https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/blob/8907037aecf698848c2c4c4401840ba1512f4f8f/src/chain.h#L288-L302
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
but think about what will happen when diff lowers 5x...

I hope you don't mind a tangential nitpick: A standard retarget event cannot change difficulty by more than a factor of four.
Activity: 308
They don't even have retarget difficulty at every block?

They do, but the trigger considers the timestamps of the youngest 17 blocks and these take time to generate.  To take fewer blocks into account would invite timestamp manipulation.

Retarget every block could cause an oscillation of the difficulty, people can play with it, lol.
Jump to: