Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 826. (Read 704387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Hmm I still don't understand how this can wear the name 'Bitcoin'. Litecoin seems more Bitcoin to be than Bitcoin Cash.

What part am I missing in this puzzle?

It's pretty much the bitcoin code with a few small changes.

yeah but anyone could do that. I can change a few lines and call it Bitcoin Vulva

Now how is it related to Bitcoin? why does it deserve the tag Bitcoin Vulva?

Bitcoin Cash is just a random altcoin. Call it  Coin Cash, it's. Call it Bitcoin Cash, not ok IMO.

Exactly, but why is Bitcoin bitcoin?  Let's say 97% of the miners switched to this code version. Would it be bitcoin or not?

Is bitcoin still bitcoin, since it's running different code than when the blockchain originally launched.

It's all relative.
Activity: 504
Merit: 101
"Please consider referring to Bitcoin Cash as BCH"
Found this text, that makes sense
https://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753
edit:
Link shows this text
Postby Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:44 am
I wish I had been around to write about Bitcoin Cash last week, but we've been very busy trying to improve performance of our system. My one-line advice last week, which appears to be good for this morning at least, remains: don't sell Bitcoin Cash. It's going to be up and down for months, but people like us who actually send Bitcoin will continue to notice that the SegWit2x Bitcoin will remain overloaded and unusable. Meanwhile, Bitcoin Cash cleared out its entire mempool with each block. Technical stuff like that actually matters. Plus, the SegWit2x Bitcoin still has the same Core developers to deal with, it will remain mired in political deadlock, and it has uncertainty about the upcoming hard fork.

But the main point of this post is to implore people to begin referring to Bitcoin Cash as "BCH," a ticker symbol that was previously unused. While the exact symbol is unimportant, this seems as good as any because it has the most widespread usage so far. I urge community members to drop other symbols like "BCC." For one, the multiple symbols needlessly complicates software. Chris has wasted over a day now rewriting code to deal with this inconsistency. There are no other major coins that have inconsistent ticker symbols across exchanges.

More importantly, BCC has long been used by Bitconnectcoin, a popular coin with a high market capitalization. A search for the price of BCC can return the price of Bitconnectcoin, which has no relation to Bitcoin Cash. It has also been used to refer to Bitcoin Classic and even designates a futures market trading the hypothetical user-activated soft fork, which was averted. This user-activated soft fork is the complete opposite of what BCH is!

Please consider referring to Bitcoin Cash as BCH. We are submitting tickets to exchanges to suggest the same today. Referring to the coin as BCC causes people to accidentally buy and sell Bitconnectcoin, confuses people about Bitcoin Classic and Bitcoin Core, and creates unnecessary coding and debugging to deal with conflicting ticker symbols.
--- text end

Thanks for the info! BCH it is!
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
If you feel bad for not being able to move BCH from your account to bittrex or sell it for a decent price listen to this - few days before the fork, I've sold ALL of my alts, got BTC and deposited ALL on Bittrex and was waiting for the fork.My entire BTC stash was there, I got BCH.... and I sold @ 0.075.
Bloody idiot.

But hey, this is is a cryptoworld and it's unstoppable , do not feel bad if you missed a chance to make a great profit, just keep investing and your big day will eventually come.

hey, it was still a superb call. no one's gonna get that price in the wild.

Maybe it was  Cheesy

Anyways, I don't want ppl to be discouraged by this.Crypto community should grow and no matter side they choose it's still good.

If someone wants a free advise on where to invest in, PM me, I do have a few ideas.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hmm I still don't understand how this can wear the name 'Bitcoin'. Litecoin seems more Bitcoin to be than Bitcoin Cash.

yeah but anyone could do that. I can change a few lines and call it Bitcoin Vulva

Now how is it related to Bitcoin? why does it deserve the tag Bitcoin Vulva?

Bitcoin Cash is just a random altcoin. Call it  Coin Cash, it's. Call it Bitcoin Cash, not ok IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
They don't even have retarget difficulty at every block?

They do, but the trigger considers the timestamps of the youngest 17 blocks and these take time to generate.  To take fewer blocks into account would invite timestamp manipulation.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Omg it's so bad...
They don't even have retarget difficulty at every block? How retarted this is...It gained so massive market cap only thanks to support most of the exchanges...

Bro, bitcoin diff only retargets every TWO WEEKS. BCH changed the diff retargeting to happen faster but it really doesn't make a big difference because the BLOCKS AREN'T FULL.

Miner profits will be lower for a few weeks, but think about what will happen when diff lowers 5x...
Diff retargets every TWO WEEKS only if the blocks are found at an average of 10 mins - 2016 blocks * 10 mins / 60 mins / 24h = 14 days.  If the blocks are found at every 1 hour, it will take 3 months to retarget...

True, but that would occur only after an earth-shattering change in hashrate. But you're right, BTC retargets every 2016 blocks. 

My main point was that not many coins retarget after each block... and that BCH will be fine with slow block propagation for a couple more days.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
If you feel bad for not being able to move BCH from your account to bittrex or sell it for a decent price listen to this - few days before the fork, I've sold ALL of my alts, got BTC and deposited ALL on Bittrex and was waiting for the fork.My entire BTC stash was there, I got BCH.... and I sold @ 0.075.
Bloody idiot.

But hey, this is is a cryptoworld and it's unstoppable , do not feel bad if you missed a chance to make a great profit, just keep investing and your big day will eventually come.

hey, it was still a superb call. no one's gonna get that price in the wild.
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
I can verify this solution if you are using Electron Cash. Thank you so much!

Change server to:
electrum-abc.criptolayer.net

same error.............
Electron-cash is broken for 2FA addresses and BCH. 

ah fair enough. not sure, mine went through after trying all day. The only thing different was the server change i believe.
Activity: 117
Merit: 2
Bloody idiot.

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

Change server to:

same error.............
Activity: 951
Merit: 252
So are we still not able to deposit bitcoincash anywhere? This is getting frustrating, I wish I had known this was going to happen.. I would have just left everything I had in BTC on bittrex
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
Omg it's so bad...
They don't even have retarget difficulty at every block? How retarted this is...It gained so massive market cap only thanks to support most of the exchanges...

Bro, bitcoin diff only retargets every TWO WEEKS. BCH changed the diff retargeting to happen faster but it really doesn't make a big difference because the BLOCKS AREN'T FULL.

Miner profits will be lower for a few weeks, but think about what will happen when diff lowers 5x...
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
https://i.paste.pics/333f7f56a275e71d52405eabe4cacc64.png

why do i have this error while sending any transaction with bcc ?

mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed(signature must be zero for failed CHECK.....)

i did make any signature

Check your "coins" tab and also check your server.  Ive been moving coins from my Electron BCC wallet

Change server to:

Thank you community for doing the right thing and increasing the blocksize. I am so surprised how no-one has come to the obvious conclusion that this is the most logical thing to do. Miners have tainted the bitcoin image. In a conversation the other day Charlie Shrem said the most outrageous thing when i had left a comment as to what he thought about the original concept which is that Bitcoin is suppose to help the unbanked, and sadly due to its current fees, it is far away from that concept. Also why the block size was not increased in the years leading us here before it was such a critical thing. It would seem like an obvious solution given the amount of storage available increases year by year.

he said "If you want to move around large amounts of money, you are going to have to pay for it, it was never designed for micro payments." followed by some other elitist/arrogant comments. Clearly showing no respect or understanding for the people in third-world countries who want to use it, a place where 1 euro is a LOT of money.

Video: https://youtu.be/V2R8RwixxNU?t=21m21s

I would like to remind everyone of Satoshi's original comments:
"The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust. Banks must be trusted to hold our money and transfer it electronically, but they lend it out in waves of credit bubbles with barely a fraction in reserve. We have to trust them with our privacy, trust them not to let identity thieves drain our accounts. Their massive overhead costs make micropayments impossible."

Followed by:
"The usual solution is for a trusted company with a central database to check for double-spending, but that just gets back to the trust model. In its central position, the company can override the users, and the fees needed to support the company make micropayments impractical."

Charlie Shrem pretty much contradicted the very idea presented by Satoshi and assumed he knew what bitcoin was designed to do better than Satoshi. The most beautiful thing about Bitcoin that got me into it many years a go, was the low fees and decentralisation and sadly i am seeing that washed away by greed, the human virus.

Thank you for going against that and returning some sanity.

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
https://i.paste.pics/333f7f56a275e71d52405eabe4cacc64.png

why do i have this error while sending any transaction with bcc ?

mandatory-script-verify-flag-failed(signature must be zero for failed CHECK.....)

i did make any signature

Check your "coins" tab and also check your server.  Ive been moving coins from my Electron BCC wallet

+1

Also, is it possible to move my BTC to my trezor address now that the fork has happened to claim my BCC? Or does it need to be done via the address that contained the BTC at the time of the fork?

Cheers for your help Smiley

i tried using another server. i tried looking inside coins tab(all looks good there). still same error.
i tried import my private key of address that has bcc inside(according to my wallet and bitcoin cash explorer) to coinomo but it says "Error adding private key. It has no balance"
ViaBTC is mining only 18% of the blocks (https://cash.coin.dance/blocks), so 82% of hashpower is elsewhere. Even if Via has dropped below 100Ph/s, that would mean total mining capacity is roughly ~500Ph/s. Difficulty is still high, but will adjust radically in the next few days.

Interesting analysis.  Let's try estimating Bitcoin Cash's hashrate from a different angle for comparison.

Bitcoin Cash's fork began at 13:16:14 UTC on August 1st and, since then, the proof-of-work target has been 0x014735 * 256^(0x18 - 3).  Each of the 16 blocks we've seen up until this point evidence 2^256 / target work giving us an estimate for the total number of hashes computed so far of 59114200954343302767184.  This corresponds to a steady 516 PHash/s (3.s.f).
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Situation is really confusing about to make deposit on bittrex don't why they are not allowing to take withdraw or make deposit there even on Liqui and as well on Yobit too. I think no exchange will active this market to make deposit.
Activity: 21
I sent a small amount to HitBTC and it has habeen at least 2 hours..i don't want to send more until I see this Sh*t work.  On the "blockchair" exlporer for BCC it shows my transaction included in a block, but there is no indication of how many confirms..how do you find out the # of confirms?

Should I send more since it takes so long ?  Have you guys deposited to BCC , and then to BTC on HitBTC succesfully? (and back to your own wallet)
Jump to: