Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 915. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
From what ive seen there are no believers bitcoin cash is just a scam from some mining company throwing a fit because things didn't go their way

Nevertheless FUD is taking place Sad
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
HostFat, you're just drowning you reputation with this scam. You'll most likely make some money in process but I don't think it's worth it. Going for hard fork and break initial agreement just in order to make some money on this scam is so low.

How is anybody breaking the agreement? All the pools are still signaling for Segwit, as agreed. I don't think the NYA absolutely forbid creating a fork aka altcoin.

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-cash-what-you-need-to-know-c25df28995cf

there shouldn't be a fork, but these guys are too greedy to let it go
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Grabbing some popcorn
legendary
Merit: 1827
HostFat, you're just drowning you reputation with this scam. You'll most likely make some money in process but I don't think it's worth it. Going for hard fork and break initial agreement just in order to make some money on this scam is so low.

How is anybody breaking the agreement? All the pools are still signaling for Segwit, as agreed. I don't think the NYA absolutely forbid creating a fork aka altcoin.
legendary
legendary
my prediction: as soon as people receive their bitcoin cash, they will trade them for real bitcoin and crash this new altcoin.

I have my BTC on Bittrex, if they are going to spread BCC among holders I'll dump as soon as I can. If Bittrex is not going to do that I won't even bother and withdraw BTC in order to get this fake bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 154
From what ive seen there are no believers bitcoin cash is just a scam from some mining company throwing a fit because things didn't go their way
legendary
Merit: 1827
Now that replay protection is being added to Bitcoin ABC both Ledger Nano S and Trezor will be able to support BCC. You might need a firmware update is all. So the simplest solution would seem to be move all your bitcoin to a Trezor or Nano S before the hard fork. If you don't already have a hardware wallet doubtful you can get one delivered before Aug 1 though.

All my coins are in a Trezor. I'll wait until they come up with a firmware update. I can wait to claim. I don't need to wait for the instant of the fork, just so that I can claim and dump. If this coin truly is worth a crap, it shouldn't matter if I claim on Aug 1st or Dec 1st. I'll let all the greedy people who want to claim and dump vet the BCC wallet products for me.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
my prediction: as soon as people receive their bitcoin cash, they will trade them for real bitcoin and crash this new altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
so if someone moved their bitcoin to a hardware wallet or even a paper wallet, all they need to redeem the BCC is the private key? just import btc priv key into a bcc compatible wallet?

....i cant imagine how much BCC will go un-claimed

a paper wallet is still easiest. with hardware wallets you'd have to wait for them to get their apps ready. i dunno if they will be in time if you wanna dump immediately.
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
Now that replay protection is being added to Bitcoin ABC both Ledger Nano S and Trezor will be able to support BCC. You might need a firmware update is all. So the simplest solution would seem to be move all your bitcoin to a Trezor or Nano S before the hard fork. If you don't already have a hardware wallet doubtful you can get one delivered before Aug 1 though.

so if someone moved their bitcoin to a hardware wallet or even a paper wallet, all they need to redeem the BCC is the private key? just import btc priv key into a bcc compatible wallet?

....i cant imagine how much BCC will go un-claimed
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Bitcoin ABC 0.14.5 release is out! Featuring strong replay protection.

https://download.bitcoinabc.org/0.14.5/

This release includes the following features and fixes:

- Enforce strong replay protection (require SIGHASH_FORKID and SCRIPT_VERIFY_STRICTENC compliance)
- Change currency units in user interface from BTC -> BCC
- Add NODE_BITCOIN_CASH service bit (0x20)
- Update BU backed seeder to btccash-seeder.bitcoinunlimited.info
- Update ABC logos for About menu, and testnet icon
- Various refactoring and cleanups

NOTE: Change in default value:
- 'forcednsseed' is enabled by default to increase chance of good connection to UAHF network (see D360)
Activity: 196
Merit: 29
W12 – Smart contract technology for business for b
This is an ALTCOIN like LTC.
The miners want to dominate the market

Fees should be given to node owners.
It's not a kid's game ...

How you dare to compare a coin with more than 6 years history and a proven record of [whatever] such as Litecoin to a shitcoin such as BCC/BTCC/BCP/whatever???!?!

It doesn't even have SEGWIT!

If you want to do something useful stop trolling now and just join my effort to push developers (who are them btw?) to include SEGWIT on Bitcoin Cash.

LTC, BTU, BIT, DOGE All altocin
You have to search for the solution under the bitcoin framework.
Not by sabotaging.
I hate miners.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464
Self made HODLER ✓

How you dare to compare a coin with more than 6 years history and a proven record of [whatever] such as Litecoin to a shitcoin such as BCC/BTCC/BCP/ABC/whatever???!?!

It doesn't even have SEGWIT!

If you want to do something useful stop trolling now and just join my effort to push developers (who are them btw?) to include SEGWIT on Bitcoin Cash.
Activity: 196
Merit: 29
W12 – Smart contract technology for business for b

legendary
Merit: 1164
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
 Isn't Bitcoin Cash called Litecoin?   Tongue  It took Charlie how many years to get LTC some respectability? Your coin will survive, like Bitcoin Lite/BitcoinTX/BitcoinETC/etc/etc. , but it will be awhile before it reaches your grandeur delusion.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I never tried using Electrum before but I might use it so I can have BCC just in case. But the file I will download at electrum.org is different from electrumcash.org?

Yes, both are different wallets supporting one currency individually. The wallet at electrum.org supports and will support only Bitcoin (BTC). The one which is available at electrumcash.org is only for Bitcoin Cash (BCC the new shitcoin).
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
I never tried using Electrum before but I might use it so I can have BCC just in case. But the file I will download at electrum.org is different from electrumcash.org?
Jump to: