Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 914. (Read 703509 times)

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1011
Just posted by Electrum https://electrum.org/bcc.txt

How to redeem my BCC?
---------------------

BCC wallets will require you to import your seed or your private keys,
which can be exported from Electrum. Doing so will expose all your
Bitcoin funds associated with that seed to the BCC wallet you decide
to use.

Therefore, *after* the BCC fork, but *before* you enter a seed or
private key in a BCC wallet, you should move all your funds to a new
Electrum wallet, with a new seed. You will still be able to use the
old seed or private key with BCC, because BCC has replay
protection. Wait until your funds are confirmed in your new Bitcoin
wallet, before you enter the old private key in a BCC wallet. This
will protect your BTC funds from rogue/untrusted software.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

bitcoin.de announce to give BCC to their holders of BTC

read here https://www.coinforum.de/topic/6679-statement-von-bitcoinde-zu-bitcoin-cash/ (german)

Smiley
My favourite exchange....I am curious how are they going to explain FREE BCC stuff Grin
It is a shame.....But it is up to them dealing with idiots who are going to sell their BTC as BCC and loose a lot of money eventualy
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
i think Bitcoin Cash will be just wasted electricity for miners.  i'm gonna to dump my coins as soon as possible . It will be huge dump in history.

what if the miners switch to this ?? 440+$ for a con is still a lot of money my friend..the choice will be made on AUG 1

They would be mining at a loss unless difficulty is a fractions of bit coins.  Miners would mine turds if it made money. Mist of them don't want power like jihan wu.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
I have strong evidence that Poloniex is going to support BCC VERY soon.

Please share that strong evidence into thread so this will be helpful for so many people who are confusing about the future of this coin.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
DeepOnions for the WIN!
BCC is an attack on Bitcoin.

It should just be ignored, it will die in any case. Last post i will make here. Not wasting any more time on this laughable little coin.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Let those guys make another altcoin and to be honest it is good for many who holds Bitcoin to get free of those coins. It may cause of decline of value for real Bitcoin for temporary period but good recovery on the other side. It isn't bad to receive when it is totally free. i am ready to make some money with these BCC coins.
Not quite true dude. There is no such thing as a free lunch Grin
Let us pretend that you have 100 BTC and get 100 bcc for free as you think. So far so good. Now the funny part begins. You sell 100 of your FREE BCC at 100 usd per coin let us say. What the hell you are making 10K usd for free right?All of a sudden you do realize that you have ZERO BTC left in your wallet. Imagine that BTC value at this moment is around 2100 usd. You are at 200K USD loss just to get and trade 100 free bcc and earn 10K free? I bet this is a deal you can not resist Grin
And a lot of folks will do it just because it is free right Wink without knowing what they are doing but just because it is free.
Nothing comes for free in life!!!!
Some of us learn it in school - easy way
Some of us learn it loosing money-hard way
But once lesson is learned you are good to go with free stuff flooded everywhere in this forum and in general
NrX
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
Let those guys make another altcoin and to be honest it is good for many who holds Bitcoin to get free of those coins. It may cause of decline of value for real Bitcoin for temporary period but good recovery on the other side. It isn't bad to receive when it is totally free. i am ready to make some money with these BCC coins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
gonna watch this thread Smiley august 1 is nearly approaching  Cheesy gonna be updated to this Smiley
Activity: 630
Just want to know why BCC?
did the abbreviation BCC is already exist and its bitconnect? so you just ignore that?
Activity: 391
aka ...

bitcoin.de announce to give BCC to their holders of BTC

read here https://www.coinforum.de/topic/6679-statement-von-bitcoinde-zu-bitcoin-cash/ (german)

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master
i think Bitcoin Cash will be just wasted electricity for miners.  i'm gonna to dump my coins as soon as possible . It will be huge dump in history.

what if the miners switch to this ?? 440+$ for a con is still a lot of money my friend..the choice will be made on AUG 1
Exciting times!
Very curious what the market will do the day after August 1st.
Will it be stable, rise or collapse?
Activity: 803
Merit: 501
i think Bitcoin Cash will be just wasted electricity for miners.  i'm gonna to dump my coins as soon as possible . It will be huge dump in history.

Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
legendary
Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master

....i cant imagine how much BCC will go un-claimed
Same for BTX : http://bitcore.cc/
They they created a new chain on basis of a snapshot BTC blockchain.
The team I am not part of but this is a service for the unclaimed BTX.
Activity: 378
I have strong evidence that Poloniex is going to support BCC VERY soon.
Activity: 156
Merit: 102
Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!
HostFat, you're just drowning you reputation with this scam. You'll most likely make some money in process but I don't think it's worth it. Going for hard fork and break initial agreement just in order to make some money on this scam is so low.

How is anybody breaking the agreement? All the pools are still signaling for Segwit, as agreed. I don't think the NYA absolutely forbid creating a fork aka altcoin.

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-cash-what-you-need-to-know-c25df28995cf

there shouldn't be a fork, but these guys are too greedy to let it go

https://medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

Don't see anything in this agreement that forbids creating an alternative coin. All pools signaled for BIP91 and are now signaling for segwit to be activated, as agreed. Also, don't see a binding agreement that states all the pools' hash must be exclusively pointed at Bitcoin,

The problem with the full node implementation of Bitcoin Cash is that it takes over the average unsuspecting users .bitcoin directory and rewrites it to suit it's algorithm.  It does not offer an alternate directory location as other BTC wallets do.  The compiled binaries do not come with any instructions for how to write a config file to redirect to an alternate directory either.  The info is buried in the source files, which most users will not even download. This is really a dirty move!  Why not make your wallet to use a different directory such as ".bitcoincash"? 
Activity: 337
Merit: 259
HostFat, you're just drowning you reputation with this scam. You'll most likely make some money in process but I don't think it's worth it. Going for hard fork and break initial agreement just in order to make some money on this scam is so low.
JUST IN CASE the stupidity of the/some masses actually drives prices up or maybe even bring BTC down. My guess it's a less than 2% chance......

Never underestimate “the stupidity of the masses”
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.

Bitcoin Cash. Ugh. Cash, reminds me of Dash. Reminds me of scam. Reminds me of centralized fiat money. Reminds me of Dollar. Reminds me of Cash. Which, again, reminds me of this fishy attempt to destabilze the BTC economy: Bitcoin Cash.

Indeed, the war against bitcoin will not be fought in the open, inflitration is obviously the new - and much more dangerous - strategy. Still, I am not really concerned about this noobish-attempt. Trolol.

So, can I just use my priv keys to access this with an open source wallet that will definitly NOT steal my private key to access my BTC?
If so I'm going to dump 50% straight away and hold the other 50% JUST IN CASE the stupidity of the/some masses actually drives prices up or maybe even bring BTC down. My guess it's a less than 2% chance, but as prices for this thing should be pretty low anyways I won't lose much if I just hold on to 50% of this fun-coin
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Bitcoin ABC 0.14.5 release is out! Featuring strong replay protection.

Thank you HostFat, updated my listening node.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

How is anybody breaking the agreement? All the pools are still signaling for Segwit, as agreed. I don't think the NYA absolutely forbid creating a fork aka altcoin.

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-cash-what-you-need-to-know-c25df28995cf

there shouldn't be a fork, but these guys are too greedy to let it go

https://medium.com/@DCGco/bitcoin-scaling-agreement-at-consensus-2017-133521fe9a77

Don't see anything in this agreement that forbids creating an alternative coin. All pools signaled for BIP91 and are now signaling for segwit to be activated, as agreed. Also, don't see a binding agreement that states all the pools' hash must be exclusively pointed at Bitcoin,
Jump to: