Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 936. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
@hgmichna
They are two different currencies, it isn't inflation.
You should better study more about economics.

It is like that you are saying that we make 100 forks of Bitcoin, then we have 21 milion * 100 Wink

Economists do not determine the future of bitcoin. Ordinary users do. And they don't understand any fine economic points. They only see 42 million coins instead of the promised 21 million.

Journalists will also have a field day. You know how precisely and honestly they report.

The bitcoin price has always tanked whenever there was a threat of a hostile hard fork. We may end up with two worthless cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 574
BCC won't be an altcoin for very long. It will become the new Bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Genesis Team™
I don't see this working but I wish you the best of luck. I'll keep checking now and again Smiley
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
the price of this first real fork of Bitcoin will be dumped to zero after 08/01/2017.

how to protect against this?
Sell them now
- https://www.viabtc.com/convert/bcc / https://www.viabtc.com/quot/realtime?currency=cny&dest=bcc&chart=simple
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
the price of this first real fork of Bitcoin will be dumped to zero after 08/01/2017.

how to protect against this?
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
I don't support this coin .
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
BTC price likely to drop 10 to 20 percent on August 1st when the chain splits. Make sure to have your private keys when this happens so you don't lose funds.

and why would price drop? only bcoz someone is forking his own of Bitcoin ? I dont think it will have any effect on price unless some Big Miner is behind this project..

Rumor is that that is the case.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
algo Huh?!!!
SHA256.

I'm not sure that I'm understanding your question.

it would be better switched to script  Wink

No.  That would making bitcoin ASICs not work. We want big miners to switch over.
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
BTC price likely to drop 10 to 20 percent on August 1st when the chain splits. Make sure to have your private keys when this happens so you don't lose funds.

and why would price drop? only bcoz someone is forking his own of Bitcoin ? I dont think it will have any effect on price unless some Big Miner is behind this project..
legendary
staff
As the difficulty will be changed to 1/6 of the current Bitcoin difficulty, I think that many miners with old asic will be able to mine this again.

"REQ-7 Difficulty adjustement in case of hashrate drop

In case the MTP of the tip of the chain is 12h or more after the MTP 6 block before the tip, the proof of work target is increased by a quarter, or 25%, which corresponds to a difficulty reduction of 20% .

RATIONALE: The hashrate supporting the chain is dependent on market price and hard to predict. In order to make sure the chain remains viable no matter what difficulty needs to adjust down in case of abrupt hashrate drop."
i dont think this will have any effect on BTC, not even on BTC Price.

Let aside getting Majority of POW, which miners are supporting this Fork ?
staff
Activity: 1484
Merit: 505
algo Huh?!!!
SHA256.

it would be better switched to script  Wink
Replay Protection ?
staff
algo Huh?!!!
SHA256.

@olkah

Wallets:
- Full node: https://download.bitcoinabc.org/
- Electrum compatible fork: http://www.electrumcash.org/
Activity: 1484
Merit: 505
Wallet for Windows Huh!!!
Activity: 1022
Yobit support fork.
Jump to: