Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 929. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
so if  we hold our bitcoin until 2017.08 01 we will get bitcoin cash?  Huh

anyone can tell me ? thank you
Activity: 159
Merit: 11
the price of this first real fork of Bitcoin will be dumped to zero after 08/01/2017.

how to protect against this?
Why it's increasing then?
0,2 BTC

https://www.viabtc.com/quot/realtime?currency=btc&dest=bcc
If we have a web wallet but with private key like counterwallet.
It will be ok?  Huh
And if we put our btc on a paper wallet, it will be ok for getting our BTCC?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet

What 'magic bullet" do you think segwit is exactly? What are you hoping for?

Its a simple malleabality fix that is not critical at this point in time. Thats it.

All the other bullshit you hear about segwit is just noise to disguise the politics of trying to push of chain solutions that dont yet exist in practice.
Faster confirmation transaction,cheaper it is dependers on market.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I've got amazing powers of observation
is this really a fork or it is just another altcoin?
can anyone here point out where to see the mining hash that support for this fork?

Read here: http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/07/23/btc-top-will-mine-bitcoin-cash-based-price
If we have a web wallet but with private key like counterwallet.
It will be ok?  Huh
Activity: 509
is this really a fork or it is just another altcoin?
can anyone here point out where to see the mining hash that support for this fork?
Activity: 546
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista
if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet

What 'magic bullet" do you think segwit is exactly? What are you hoping for?

Its a simple malleabality fix that is not critical at this point in time. Thats it.

All the other bullshit you hear about segwit is just noise to disguise the politics of trying to push off chain solutions that dont yet exist in practice.

From the first article:

However, the split has not yet happened, with the hardfork to occur on August 1st. Its price, therefore, may change up or down once everyone gets their hands on BCC. Allowing bitcoiners to freely buy the asset directly or sell it, rather than trading futures.

As such, its price ratio to bitcoin and, therefore, its likely hashrate share, remains to be seen, but its opening price and retention of value at around $500, as much as bitcoin’s price last year, seems to be a promising start for the first bitcoin chain-split currency.

I say 500 is a start, let's wait and see where we're come August!
Activity: 546
Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

Notice that with full, 8MB blocks, BitcoinCash's blockchain would grow this much by mid-November.

Oh dear.....   I suspect you are trying to pull a fast one on us here....

I don't expect BitcoinCash's blocks will be anywhere near full

So why say it then?  And lets assume "anywhere near full" is, lets say, 6Mb. Why would you see a near 6 fold increase in just 12 weeks?

but I think this observation highlights the BitcoinCash philosophy.

No it doesn't.

Long term, the initial 123.4 GB is but a drop in the bucket.

Long term, bitcoin as we know it will seem like a drop in the ocean. We hope.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
To bad some people still live in denial, and dont know a fork must happen, one way or another.
This is the real threath bitcoin has today, those conversative people who think everything can still stay the same.

I dont blame bitcoin cash for forking earlier due to a very dumb approach to solve the problem in 100 steps everytime damaging the market.  
Only segwit is no option for now.
First upgrade the mb size then, we can be creative again in finding new and better solutions in the future.
Instead of crippling bitcoin with segwit, to make it walk on one leg and starve into dead to make it faster kind of shit.

it's forking anyway but what they should've done is wait to see what effect or benefits segwit would have. if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet then they could fork and probably have way more support.

the timing of this is just dumb.

Timing?? They should have waited after segwit?
Then there is no difference with segwit2x anymore and two coins are the same if segwit2x also came in existence.
So there is no conflict then, only the first one to draw the fork.
And if i understood segwit well it is the stripping transactions of seemingly unnecessary data to make it go faster.
Why should anyone see that as an improvement? I would like to see a bitcoin sending as much as data as possible!
At lighting speed ofcourse.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
To bad some people still live in denial, and dont know a fork must happen, one way or another.
This is the real threath bitcoin has today, those conversative people who think everything can still stay the same.

I dont blame bitcoin cash for forking earlier due to a very dumb approach to solve the problem in 100 steps everytime damaging the market.  
First upgrade the mb size then, we can be creative again in finding new and better solutions in the future.
Instead of crippling bitcoin with segwit, to make it walk on one leg and starve into dead to make it faster kind of shit.

it's forking anyway but what they should've done is wait to see what effect or benefits segwit would have. if it was clear that it wasn't any type of magic bullet then they could fork and probably have way more support.

the timing of this is just dumb.
Activity: 378
Merit: 260
Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

I agree, let's fork it
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
Is there any chance for our private keys getting stolen when we import them in a possible rogue BitcoinABC wallet?

Yes. However, sticking to the official links posted by the OP should be OK, especially since the OP is a bitcointalk staff member. Plus, I don't think Bitmain, who backed the development of this coin, would sacrifice their reputation on releasing a trojan. But you never know in this crazy cryptocoin community.

it actually is a possibility! bitcoinABC is not exactly being released by bitmain. it is a source code on Github with these people (https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/commits/master) who we don't even know are making the changes and commit them to the code.

the code is not even the fork of bitcoin! which means it is impossible for us to go through all of the code, line by line to check where the shenanigans are. if it was simply forked from bitcoin there were a link under the name indicating this and then you could simply compare the two repositories to see only the changes.
see the SegWit2x (btc1) repo, you will understand what i mean. it is simple and fast to check all the changes they have made to the code of bitcoin core.

long story short, i would not trust this client at all unless i can understand the code. which i don't have the time for.

p.s. it doesn't even have to be a trojan to leak your private keys. (just an example:) imagine if the way you make the transactions with their code has a bug in it that produces weak signatures and leaks your private keys when you sign a raw transaction and broadcast it!

I guess the best solution if you want both coins is to stick all of your coins onto a paper wallet that you generated offline. Then after the fork, sweep the coins into the old chain, then sweep the coins onto this chain. Then only the private key(s) in the paper wallet are insecure, and you could simply not use the private key(s) for that paper wallet ever again.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260
Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin
Activity: 560
It looks like you believe by throwing a lot of terminology into your thread title that is going to get more attention but it does it what exactly is one-to-one what sort of work is that is that a fork in it a separate coin altogether is it a fork or you're tempting to destroy the original coin which wouldn't be a fork what exactly do you have going on?
When is the ElectrumCash wallet going to be ready and will I be able to use alongside my regular Electrum wallet?

Check this http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/hardfork.html

Great, thanks.
Activity: 773
Merit: 255
Jump to: