Author

Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees - page 931. (Read 703509 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 257
BINGO! BOUNTY MANAGEMENT
In future this coin will die as there is only one Bitcoin .

Still all the best .
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
Is there any chance for our private keys getting stolen when we import them in a possible rogue BitcoinABC wallet?

Yes. And there is a chance for losing your BTC due to replay attacks.
Although it uses the Bitcoin ABC software, Bitcoin Cash seems a bit shady to me.

Bitcoin Classic and Bitcoin Unlimited have also announced support, so a range of clients should be available before the split.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Is this coin already online?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Is there any chance for our private keys getting stolen when we import them in a possible rogue BitcoinABC wallet?

Yes. And there is a chance for losing your BTC due to replay attacks.
Although it uses the Bitcoin ABC software, Bitcoin Cash seems a bit shady to me.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

Yes. However, sticking to the official links posted by the OP should be OK, especially since the OP is a bitcointalk staff member. Plus, I don't think Bitmain, who backed the development of this coin, would sacrifice their reputation on releasing a trojan. But you never know in this crazy cryptocoin community.

it actually is a possibility! bitcoinABC is not exactly being released by bitmain. it is a source code on Github with these people (https://github.com/Bitcoin-ABC/bitcoin-abc/commits/master) who we don't even know are making the changes and commit them to the code.

the code is not even the fork of bitcoin! which means it is impossible for us to go through all of the code, line by line to check where the shenanigans are. if it was simply forked from bitcoin there were a link under the name indicating this and then you could simply compare the two repositories to see only the changes.
see the SegWit2x (btc1) repo, you will understand what i mean. it is simple and fast to check all the changes they have made to the code of bitcoin core.

long story short, i would not trust this client at all unless i can understand the code. which i don't have the time for.

p.s. it doesn't even have to be a trojan to leak your private keys. (just an example:) imagine if the way you make the transactions with their code has a bug in it that produces weak signatures and leaks your private keys when you sign a raw transaction and broadcast it!
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
@bones261
I'm promoting it, because I like the idea, but I'm not directly involved.
I didn't developed any part of the code and I didn't give them a single satoshi.

As I wrote:
My opinion:
While I support for sure the freedom of choice, you should be wise on touching this kind of things.
Your private keys are precious. Keep them safe

It should be safe, but avoid to act thoughtless.
Check around.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

Yes. However, sticking to the official links posted by the OP should be OK, especially since the OP is a bitcointalk staff member. Plus, I don't think Bitmain, who backed the development of this coin, would sacrifice their reputation on releasing a trojan. But you never know in this crazy cryptocoin community.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Also please stop using that ticker as it is confusing others due to an altcoin already using it with a 400 million dollar market cap . WTF was VIABTC thinking?

Good point.  I didn't know about BitConnect or its coin until you brought this up.

As for what ViaBTC was thinking, I imagine they intended no harm here.  In the rush it would have been too easy to search for "BCC" on coincap.io, find no matches, and conclude that there were no significant cryptocurrencies using the ticker.

I hope they change it appropriately, and soon.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827
"BCC" is already used by another coin.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitconnect

We need something like a dns for all the coin names.Why is not anyone starting a project for centralised coin naming to avoid these kind of issues.

A search on https://coinmarketcap.com/ and a google search of "(your ticker name) bitcointalk" is sufficient.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dinkimole nokkalle...

We need something like a dns for all the coin names.Why is not anyone starting a project for centralised coin naming to avoid these kind of issues.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030
Whether the airdrop is still able to follow on this day or can not anymore. If you can not thank me much it means I am late in this airdrop.

It's not an airdrop - the OP is mistaken. It's a chain split. Takes place on August 1st.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Whether the airdrop is still able to follow on this day or can not anymore. If you can not thank me much it means I am late in this airdrop.
Activity: 208
This is very interesting, I do not think it will get majority of the hashing power, let's see how it goes.
legendary

Non issue. They can both use them. Most exchanges don't even have bitconnect. They can also add a symbol or something. This is just FUD that's been going around.

I wonder what the Bitconnect people think about this "non issue".
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Non issue. They can both use them. Most exchanges don't even have bitconnect. They can also add a symbol or something. This is just FUD that's been going around.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
If you sons of bitches don't want to destroy Bitcoin from it's roots and fundamentals then why don't you create a new chain from zero and give the ability to any Bitcoin holder to claim exactly the same amount of Bitcash then lets see if you stand a facking chance?
If you truly wanted Bitcoin to remain one chain always and forever, you'd be taking your miners offline slowly and turning them back on your coin's chain.
Forcefully creating a total double spend of the entire blockchain up to the point of fork is what any enemy of Bitcoin would do.

You know this already that your coin has another name than BTC, you are giving it a name yourselves, so what is the reason for not creating a brand new coin and make the double spending manual by each user having to claim them.
You have most of the Bitcoins yourselves and now your sluts want some bigger sticks, only way to fatten your sluts is by doubling your 55% stashed Bitcoins?

And how'd we know you wouldn't keep stalling the main chain causing more troubles as before when you forked and immediately deployed your currently offline farms mining the new coin and then secretly bring back your hash power into the main chain? what would that take maybe $500-$700M?
I believe you already cashed out twice that amount in the last month.

I have been a gullible mute bystanders so far but looks like you were itching to be exposed, you know which parts of my theory is reality and are facts.
And suddenly ViaBTC became an exchange just like I grew another pair of balls in the last 48 hours? you guys are more than just simple faggots, cunts are taking us for fools.

I can't see any reason to be upset.  Either it really is what the market wants, and as a hodler
you get a piece of it... or its not and Bitcoin will keep moving forward.

I don't get what you're worried about.

Activity: 172
Bitcoin has been forked many times before and will fork 100s of times in future. This will have no effect on bitcoin what so ever unless large portion of market participant support it, which is very unlikely. Value of any crypto is determined by community behind it, if no one wants it, its value is effectively zero.
Why I want this whatever coin against bitcoin? Can you justify? if you can't why anyone should support it?

@hgmichna
They are two different currencies, it isn't inflation.
You should better study more about economics.

It is like that you are saying that we make 100 forks of Bitcoin, then we have 21 milion * 100 Wink

Economists do not determine the future of bitcoin. Ordinary users do. And they don't understand any fine economic points. They only see 42 million coins instead of the promised 21 million.

Journalists will also have a field day. You know how precisely and honestly they report.

The bitcoin price has always tanked whenever there was a threat of a hostile hard fork. We may end up with two worthless cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 138
Can someone please explain how Bitcoin Cash can use the symbol BCC when it is already associated with Bit Connect?
Jump to: