Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 14. (Read 75307 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
They should be removing the $1,000 minimum soon.

In 4-6 weeks?
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
They should be removing the $1,000 minimum soon.
Activity: 588
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
But, really, I'm going to order some computer hardware soon and I'd rather spend it here then elsewhere. Just not a grand worth...
I would suggest working with other community members to consolidate multiple orders into one order worth $1000+. Just make sure the person it gets sent to is trustworthy enough to ship it out to everyone else!

You could even ask your friends irl if anyone needs hardware and consolidate an order that way.
Activity: 616
Is the website loading very slowly for anyone else? It takes like 5-10 seconds to load for me.
Yes, it's painfully slow for me too, almost to the point to be unusable.

I was just using it a few minutes ago and it seemed about as fast as amazon/newegg.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
But, really, I'm going to order some computer hardware soon and I'd rather spend it here then elsewhere. Just not a grand worth...
Activity: 434
Is the website loading very slowly for anyone else? It takes like 5-10 seconds to load for me.

I would assume the reason for that is that the site is on a very simple server setup just to beta test things with the public. Would also explain why there aren't any live development changes.
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
legendary
This is what I get when I add shipping & tax estimate... is there no tax b/c you're shipping across state lines?

Until the law changes,  we are only required to charge tax in CA, TN, and MA.

I may be able to move the business outside of CA at some point and eliminate the need for Sales tax in CA as well.

Rock on, I'll pass that info along to my Father-in-Law
Activity: 536
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
This is what I get when I add shipping & tax estimate... is there no tax b/c you're shipping across state lines?

Until the law changes,  we are only required to charge tax in CA, TN, and MA.

I may be able to move the business outside of CA at some point and eliminate the need for Sales tax in CA as well.
legendary
My father-in-law just bought this:

http://www.bitcoinstore.com/netgear-r6200-wireless-router-ieee-802-11ac.html

$196.42

Netgear R6200 11AC DUAL BAND WIFI

Sorry, he didn't ask me before buying it at Best Buy, so I'll see if I can convince him to try the price matching...

Will report back, but he may not do it for 2-3 dollars.  We'll see how much we're talking about.

Quick question:

Subtotal    $196.42
Shipping & Handling (Flat Rate - Fixed)   $4.99
Grand Total    $201.41

I suppose that's the online loophole where any online site isn't paying sales taxes for out of state sales?

Thanks in advance for any confirmation!
legendary
Rock on.  Is there anything else we can be doing to support you?

Other than recommending people check you out.

Using you for a price guarantee.

If I had a personal need, I'd try shopping there, but right now I don't really need anything.

I'm certainly spreading the good word though.

Anything else?
vip
Has it reaped success? I would hate to see a good site like that get closed cause no one used it.

Don't worry.
It won't be closed.   There are basically 3 full time people working on it each day to improve it.
The $1,000 minimum order should be removed very very soon as well.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
One of the main goals of Bitcoinstore.com is to put pressure on existing merchants to accept Bitcoin in order to be able to match our prices.

By using Bitcoinstore.com as a reference for this paypal offer,  it will help put additional pressure.
We will do whatever we can to assist in the claim process with paypal as well.

Has it reaped success? I would hate to see a good site like that get closed cause no one used it.
vip
One of the main goals of Bitcoinstore.com is to put pressure on existing merchants to accept Bitcoin in order to be able to match our prices.

By using Bitcoinstore.com as a reference for this paypal offer,  it will help put additional pressure.
We will do whatever we can to assist in the claim process with paypal as well.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Paypal just sent me this:

Good tidings come in threes.
Mr. ABC,

This holiday season, check out with PayPal to receive:

•   Price Matching

•   Return Shipping on Us*

•   Give Now, Pay Later

I'm curious if we can use BitcoinStore as a credible source for price matching...

I know you want the business, but perhaps this is another way to work bitcoinstore.com into conversations with people.

In case it doesn't go without saying, feel free to explain (give ammunition) why bitcoinstore.com is better than any site accepting Paypal.
Try it out and report back! Smiley
legendary
Paypal just sent me this:

Good tidings come in threes.
Mr. ABC,

This holiday season, check out with PayPal to receive:

•   Price Matching

•   Return Shipping on Us*

•   Give Now, Pay Later

I'm curious if we can use BitcoinStore as a credible source for price matching...

I know you want the business, but perhaps this is another way to work bitcoinstore.com into conversations with people.

In case it doesn't go without saying, feel free to explain (give ammunition) why bitcoinstore.com is better than any site accepting Paypal.
Activity: 473
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
vip
The menu on the site is outright unusable. Worst menu on any store I've used recently.

This will be fixed shortly,  and the $1,000 minimum will be removed soon too.

One of the issues causing the delay is properly calculating the sales tax for the various states, and counties within each state.
Just one more example of politicians making the world a poorer place than it otherwise would be.

Sad 
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
The menu on the site is outright unusable. Worst menu on any store I've used recently. It flickers all over the place and is extremely difficult to navigate with any kind of precision.

I'm using the newest Opera browser by the way. When you fix the menu and take the $1000 limit off, I'll be happy. The site is extremely promising but certain things can really be a problem if not addressed.
Pages:
Jump to: