Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 13. (Read 75307 times)

legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
. . . Please keep it in the other threads . . .

You locked your other thread.

I can not recommend bitcoinstore.com to anybody.  I understand that they are frustrated with the loss of the bitcoins that they accidentally sent, and I realize that the "right thing to do" for the person who received those bitcoins was to return them.  However, that does not make your abuse of special access to blockchain.info allowed you as an employee any less inappropriate.  As far as I'm concerned the abuse of this access was at least as inappropriate as the failure of the person receiving the extra bitcoin to return them.

EDIT: blockchain.info has acted in a responsible way and removed from MemoryDealers all future access to personal information.  As such this post has been edited to make it clear that blockchain.info is not responsible for the actions of this particular ex-employee.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Just made my first purchase on bitcoinstore.com and will update here with my experience:

Store: Very nice presentation for a BTC based website  Wink Also had a lot more items than I was expecting!  I noticed some slow down at times when doing searches for items.

Purchasing:  Completely painless. Checkout process similar to those of any other online retailer.

Delivery: Got my product in less than 5 days! The order was processed and shipped within a few hours of putting in my order

Actual Product: Product was brand new and in perfect condition. 
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
@SlickTheNick

Please keep it in the other threads.

Thanks!
vip
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
You should add a "message" or "label" to the "Click to Pay" URL.  Perhaps something like "Bitcoinstore.com order# 18272542".  Then you are autodocumenting the transactions for the users, and you'll appreciate them having easy access to the order number when they contact you for various reasons.

Technically it should go in the "message" field, but I think Bitcoin-Qt doesn't really use that field, so I think it has to go under "label."  I've talked to them about making the "message" field useful (marking the transaction, instead of the address), but they don't do it, yet.

This sounds like more of a comment for Bitpay.com since the checkout is handled by them.
I don't see it as much of a problem currently since all the information is emailed to the customer as soon as they place their order.

The issue is not that the user needs the information in their Bitcoin client, but they can't just leave the label blank or else they'll never know what any of their addresses  or transactions were used for.  Some are too lazy to type in their own description, and if they don't, they'll have fun trying to find old emails at a later time to cross-reference against their BTC transaction history.  Most importantly, when the merchant does it, they get a nice uniform labeling that clusters all their purchases together when they sort their tx history by label.  

On top of that, it's stupid simple to implement, and it makes shopping with BTC literally a few clicks (plus maybe an encryption passphrase).  I'd hate to see something so simple and useful go unused.

I can email BitPay about it, but I'm not a customer of theirs.  I figured I'd persuade you to see the value and request it yourself Smiley
vip
You should add a "message" or "label" to the "Click to Pay" URL.  Perhaps something like "Bitcoinstore.com order# 18272542".  Then you are autodocumenting the transactions for the users, and you'll appreciate them having easy access to the order number when they contact you for various reasons.

Technically it should go in the "message" field, but I think Bitcoin-Qt doesn't really use that field, so I think it has to go under "label."  I've talked to them about making the "message" field useful (marking the transaction, instead of the address), but they don't do it, yet.

This sounds like more of a comment for Bitpay.com since the checkout is handled by them.
I don't see it as much of a problem currently since all the information is emailed to the customer as soon as they place their order.

In other good news,  the new side menu should be online within the next 24 hours.

Please keep the suggestions and requests coming!
vip
The exchange rate when calculating prices in USD seems a little low?

This displayed exchange rate has been fixed.
The exchange rate at checkout is always calculated by Bitpay via their formula: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
This way the customer is always guaranteed to get the very best rate possible for their Bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093
Core Armory Developer
You should add a "message" or "label" to the "Click to Pay" URL.  Perhaps something like "Bitcoinstore.com order# 18272542".  Then you are autodocumenting the transactions for the users, and you'll appreciate them having easy access to the order number when they contact you for various reasons.

Technically it should go in the "message" field, but I think Bitcoin-Qt doesn't really use that field, so I think it has to go under "label."  I've talked to them about making the "message" field useful (marking the transaction, instead of the address), but they don't do it, yet.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
The exchange rate when calculating prices in USD seems a little low?
vip
When I placed my order, it gave me the option of Free Shipping for $0 and Flat Shipping for $4.99. I went with the Free, but I was wondering what the difference was. If Flat is faster, it may be good to state that there.

I made it a little bit clearer.
The text currently reads:

Standard Shipping
 FREE for orders over $100

Standard Shipping
 $4.99 for orders under $100
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
When I placed my order, it gave me the option of Free Shipping for $0 and Flat Shipping for $4.99. I went with the Free, but I was wondering what the difference was. If Flat is faster, it may be good to state that there.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Do you ship to Canada?
Yes, you should see international shipping options on checkout.
Activity: 991
Merit: 1008
how can you search inside a category?

btw: still very slow
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The $1000 minimum has been removed.

You may now place orders for any amount.

Free shipping on orders over $100

Please give us a try and provide your feedback.

www.bitcoinstore.com

Awesome! Looking forward to it.
vip
The $1000 minimum has been removed.

You may now place orders for any amount.

Free shipping on orders over $100

Please give us a try and provide your feedback.

www.bitcoinstore.com
vip
500,000 items but no Apple products?!?

Apple isn't currently accepting any new resellers,  so no Apple products.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
500,000 items but no Apple products?!?

Regardless, great store...I wish you the best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
Ok, so I didn't by a tv on Black Friday.

Any chance you'll have some Super Bowl specials?  We'll be revisiting our TV purchasing decision at the end of January.

We're looking for a 40 inch for the bed room & a 55 to 65 inch LED smart TV for the family room.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
But, really, I'm going to order some computer hardware soon and I'd rather spend it here then elsewhere. Just not a grand worth...
I would suggest working with other community members to consolidate multiple orders into one order worth $1000+. Just make sure the person it gets sent to is trustworthy enough to ship it out to everyone else!

You could even ask your friends irl if anyone needs hardware and consolidate an order that way.

Oh comon, I'm not going to go through that much trouble in reality.
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
They should be removing the $1,000 minimum soon.

In 4-6 weeks?

haha, while it make be starting off looking that way, I'd give a little slack.  Hopefully out of BETA by 2013?  Seems like a reasonable goal.

I don't work for them, but support their motives!
Pages:
Jump to: