Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 12. (Read 75307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
2 remarks, don't know if they have been addressed before:

1) I can't find the "comparison list" (easily, and it should be easy).  Does it exist already?  If so, you might want to make 'comparison list' clickable in the message you get after you click "Add to compare"

2) I believe you only accept payments in bitcoin.  While I think your website is great for the bitcoin community and its advancement of legal businesses, why not accept alternative (meaning the traditional) means of payment too, but give like a 5% reduction for using bitcoins.  That way your target audience grows substantially, and you'll have a better shot at becoming profitable, or am I overlooking some effects?

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Im having trouble finding/figuring out how dynamic/up to date the pricing on the site is. The items I am looking at dont work out anywhere near the mtgox 24h average which I suspected to be the yardstick there. How and when do prices change in accordance to bitcoins exchange rate ?

The exchange rate when calculating prices in USD seems a little low?

This displayed exchange rate has been fixed.
The exchange rate at checkout is always calculated by Bitpay via their formula: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
This way the customer is always guaranteed to get the very best rate possible for their Bitcoins.

Do you get lower prices in BTC when you get to the checkout?

Yes I do, much better.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Im having trouble finding/figuring out how dynamic/up to date the pricing on the site is. The items I am looking at dont work out anywhere near the mtgox 24h average which I suspected to be the yardstick there. How and when do prices change in accordance to bitcoins exchange rate ?

The exchange rate when calculating prices in USD seems a little low?

This displayed exchange rate has been fixed.
The exchange rate at checkout is always calculated by Bitpay via their formula: https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates
This way the customer is always guaranteed to get the very best rate possible for their Bitcoins.

Do you get lower prices in BTC when you get to the checkout?
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
First, this is a great website, and has the potential to be huge by leveraging the wholesaler discounts and bitcoins low transaction fees.

But (and I realize it has only been up and running for a month now), it really needs a more refined user interface. Several people have already pointed it out, but I think it's worth repeating. I think it's about 90% of the way there, but that last little bit of programming work would really make this website stand out and compare to the big boys (Newegg, Amazon, etc). With over 500K products, the search (or advanced search) interface could really use some improvement. Plus, for the life of me, I can't find a section with special deals or sales going on. I see some items are tagged as "Sale", but how does one look at only those products?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Items I wanted but couldn't find: JLabs J3 ear buds, Eneloop 4xAAA batteries, any no-name silicone case for Sansa Fuze.

1. The Eneloop batteries should be listed on the site (but aren't)
I will look into what is causing them not to show up,  and should have the problem fixed soon.

2. Unfortunately Jlabs is not one of the brands carried by our current distributor, and they also don't have cases for the Sansa Fuze.
In the future we will add additional distributors but this is still at least a month or two out, and adds a significant amount of complexity to the import system.

The good news is that if you are in the market for the Sansa Fuze itself we are MUCH cheaper than Amazon!

SanDisk 8GB SANSA FUZE+ MP3 PLAYER:
Bitcoin store $76.99 
Amazon $122.72 
Thanks for your response. I'll check back later as if you have the Eneloops that, together with the charger would be enough to make an order.

As for the Fuze, I already have 2 and love them but wouldn't be looking for more now, especially at the price they seem to be going at now. I got mine for < $50 a few years back. I'm guessing this is because the newer models aren't as good as the old ones and are still in demand. I picked up some replacement batteries on ebay and when my current ones start to crap out I'll do surgery to keep them going.

As for JLabs - I think they may be worth contacting directly as it seems like they're the kind of small mfr. that can make deals. I know they also sell direct on Amazon. The off-colour J3 is a steal right now on Amazon at <$9 including a very nice case normally sold for $10 alone.

Thx again.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
do you sell ubuntu laptops?  i get nothing when i search for "linux or ubuntu laptop".

Unfortunately none of the major manufacturers seem to support this kind of thing.
I think the best I can do at this point is recommend asking someone like www.system76.com to accept bitcoins,
or buy a standard laptop from bitcoinstore.com and install ubuntu on it once you receive it.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
do you sell ubuntu laptops?  i get nothing when i search for "linux or ubuntu laptop".
vip
Items I wanted but couldn't find: JLabs J3 ear buds, Eneloop 4xAAA batteries, any no-name silicone case for Sansa Fuze.

1. The Eneloop batteries should be listed on the site (but aren't)
I will look into what is causing them not to show up,  and should have the problem fixed soon.

2. Unfortunately Jlabs is not one of the brands carried by our current distributor, and they also don't have cases for the Sansa Fuze.
In the future we will add additional distributors but this is still at least a month or two out, and adds a significant amount of complexity to the import system.

The good news is that if you are in the market for the Sansa Fuze itself we are MUCH cheaper than Amazon!

SanDisk 8GB SANSA FUZE+ MP3 PLAYER:
Bitcoin store $76.99 
Amazon $122.72 

Merit: 1009
firstbits:1MinerQ
Recent updates include:

1.  New and improved side menu.
2. Greatly improved site performance.  (much less waiting)

More updates are coming soon.
Really? I just hit the site for the first time yesterday and it's been very slow for me. Maybe you're experiencing more traffic than expected, which is good, but just letting you know when I search for an item it takes a long time before I see results. I mean like more than 15 seconds. I find myself wanting to head over to Amazon even though I do want to use bitcoins.

I congratulate you on a wide assortment as well. In reality 500k items must not be enough as I still find that I hesitate to place an order because I'd have to split between multiple vendors. eg. I want a battery charger, and your price is great, but to offset the $5 shipping I'd want to add ear buds, batteries, and a silicone case. And none of the ones I want there are available so again I find myself going back to Amazon. I know you're working on improving this so I'm just expressing my opinion about why I haven't yet managed to place an order, despite wanting to. To your advantage is that I don't think you charge WA state tax since you have no offices here (well, I'm assuming this).

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Any tweak to make the customer's experience more pleasant is a plus in my book. Sometimes a business doesn't know there's an issue unless it's brought to their attention, this being a fine example.

Keep up the good work, Roger.

~Bruno K~

I agree w/ Bruno keep up the good work Roger!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
I figured someone else would have mentioned this by now (sorry if someone did and I missed it), but the price category defaults are a little strange. My choices are often "$0 - $9999" and then "$10,000 - "19,999" when I am looking at something like printers or computer monitors. When I go to other electronic store websites, I often pick a price category and then browse for something I might want, but I can't do that easily here.
(bonus: add a custom price range)

This issue has been fixed.
The current price ranges are now:
$0.00 - $49.99
$50.00 - $99.99
$100.00 - $249.99
$250.00 - $499.99
$500.00 - $999.99
$1,000.00 - $2,999.99
$3,000.00 - $4,999.99
$5,000.00 - $7,999.99
$8,000.00 and above

and the customer will be able to choose custom price ranges soon.

The other issues people mentioned will be fixed soon as well.

Any tweak to make the customer's experience more pleasant is a plus in my book. Sometimes a business doesn't know there's an issue unless it's brought to their attention, this being a fine example.

Keep up the good work, Roger.

~Bruno K~
vip
I figured someone else would have mentioned this by now (sorry if someone did and I missed it), but the price category defaults are a little strange. My choices are often "$0 - $9999" and then "$10,000 - "19,999" when I am looking at something like printers or computer monitors. When I go to other electronic store websites, I often pick a price category and then browse for something I might want, but I can't do that easily here.

This issue has been fixed.
The current price ranges are now:
$0.00 - $49.99
$50.00 - $99.99
$100.00 - $249.99
$250.00 - $499.99
$500.00 - $999.99
$1,000.00 - $2,999.99
$3,000.00 - $4,999.99
$5,000.00 - $7,999.99
$8,000.00 and above

and the customer will be able to choose custom price ranges soon.

The other issues people mentioned will be fixed soon as well.

0xFB0D8D1534241423
I'd advise you improve the search functionality. Right now, if I want a 64 GB flash drive, and I search for it, I get flash drives from 2gb on up. In fact, it seems to ignore numbers altogether, though the number is often the most important thing when searching for electronics.
legendary
Activity: 1008
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I just did a check.

All these items are still showed on the store, but if I click it says that there aren't. (and there are more with this problem)
I think that you should find a way to automatic filter for items no more available.

http://www.bitcoinstore.com/samsung-830-mz-7pc512b-ww-512-gb-2-5-quot-internal-solid-state-drive.html
http://www.bitcoinstore.com/samsung-galaxy-note-gt-n8013-10-1-quot-16-gb-tablet-wi-fi-1-40-ghz-white.html
http://www.bitcoinstore.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-quot-16-gb-tablet-1-40-ghz-metallic-gray.html
vip
Recent updates include:

1.  New and improved side menu.
2. Greatly improved site performance.  (much less waiting)

More updates are coming soon.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I am nimda and I approve this message
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
I cannot in good faith (and will not) recommend blockchain.info to anybody ever again unless they do one of the following:
I posted my response here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1409489
And I have responded. Thank you for confirming that bitcoinstore.com no longer has the ability to access any of the personal information of blockchain.info's users in any way.  I'll take you at your word, please don't violate this trust.

EDIT: blockchain.info has acted in a responsible way and removed from MemoryDealers all future access to personal information.  They could not know in advance that MemoryDealers would abuse the access allowed them as an employee.  As such this post has been edited to make it clear that blockchain.info is not responsible for the actions of this particular ex-employee.
Merit: 1005
I cannot in good faith (and will not) recommend blockchain.info to anybody ever again unless they do one of the following:

I posted my response here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1409489
Pages:
Jump to: