Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] BitcoinStore.com (Beta) - Electronics super store with over 500K items! - page 17. (Read 75307 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Finally! A normal looking store that doesn't immediately look like a scam or a ponzi scheme!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
USPS International shipping options are now available.

For smaller shipments the rates appear to be about half that of FedEx.

It depends on the item. For example for a motherboard to Canada

International Economy $44.88 (FedEx)

Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box $12.95 (USPS)

The main point is that the customer can now choose which makes the BitcoinStore very attractive to customers in Canada and many other international destinations. I will go as far as to say that this can impact the overall BTC / USD exchange rate.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
USPS International shipping options are now available.

For smaller shipments the rates appear to be about half that of FedEx.

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

Samsung 60" 120HZ LED TV

BitcoinStore $1,367.48

Please post your questions,  bug reports, and feature requests in the thread below.

That link gives me a 404.

Also why is it when you go to shipping it says there in a $1000 order minimum?

Also, when is shipping gonna get cheaper for International?  I'm keen Smiley

Right now there's a $1,000 minimum order I think.  It should be removed soon.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
I'm looking for a laptop without Windows included.  I haven't used Windows since 1989, and don't want to pay for something I have no intention of using.  Why don't you sell any laptops without Windows?
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

Samsung 60" 120HZ LED TV

BitcoinStore $1,367.48

Please post your questions,  bug reports, and feature requests in the thread below.

That link gives me a 404.

Also why is it when you go to shipping it says there in a $1000 order minimum?

Also, when is shipping gonna get cheaper for International?  I'm keen Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031
This is frickin amazing! 

I hope you get some USB hubs soon. I'll need them for when my ASIC units show up in December.
legendary
Activity: 1428
searching for trim-slice (http://trimslice.com) or cubox (http://solid-run.com/) - but found nothing

and a nice hdd case like "Sharkoon 5-Bay RAID Box";

do you delievery to germany?
btw if you search for a product and found some results it would be nice to see in which categoriy the results where. would be much easier to continue your search.

regards & best luck
flower
vip
Any plans to speed the site up? When I click on links, it takes a really long time before each page comes up.

Currently all the caching is turned off while we make site improvements. 
It will be turned back on soon and will speed things up a lot.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
Any plans to speed the site up? When I click on links, it takes a really long time before each page comes up.
legendary
Monero Core Team
They really need to use USPS for international orders to deal with these outrageous shipping costs.
USPS will be an international shipping method very soon.  I already applied for the account and am just waiting to receive the API credentials from USPS. Hopefully it can be online within this week!

I want to buy a Microsoft Surface with bitcoins.  Will you guys stock this item?
Yes,  this will be stocked soon.

For a Bitcoin only store it would be cool to implement some mouse-over effect to display the Ƀ-price of items or even better the $ on mouse-over.
Now prices for all items are displayed in BTC and USD

On a related note you may wish to take places such as Cuba, North Korea, Iran etc. out of your country list if you do not wish to run afoul of legislation in the United States. Seriously.
Done.  Thank you for the advice.

Any plans on selling food on BitcoinStore? That would be awesome!
This is an interesting idea that I will look into,  but it wont be in the immediate future.

Would like to see brand names in the links on the browse pages. Hard to navigate things that are just generically named like "20 inch monitor...".
Still working on this,  but it will happen very soon.

Price range links don't seem to work. In fact, categorization in general doesn't seem to be correct at all.
Price range links are fixed.  If you have other categorization suggestions,  please post them here.

Meh. How about we just get that bitcoin debit card already and then buy direct from Amazon.
Because Bitcoinstore.com is cheaper than Amazon for lots of things,  and especially so after you consider the fees that will be involved in loading the card.

Thank you to everyone who has already placed an order!

Excellent!
vip
They really need to use USPS for international orders to deal with these outrageous shipping costs.
USPS will be an international shipping method very soon.  I already applied for the account and am just waiting to receive the API credentials from USPS. Hopefully it can be online within this week!

I want to buy a Microsoft Surface with bitcoins.  Will you guys stock this item?
Yes,  this will be stocked soon.

For a Bitcoin only store it would be cool to implement some mouse-over effect to display the Ƀ-price of items or even better the $ on mouse-over.
Now prices for all items are displayed in BTC and USD

On a related note you may wish to take places such as Cuba, North Korea, Iran etc. out of your country list if you do not wish to run afoul of legislation in the United States. Seriously.
Done.  Thank you for the advice.

This is an interesting idea that I will look into,  but it wont be in the immediate future.

Would like to see brand names in the links on the browse pages. Hard to navigate things that are just generically named like "20 inch monitor...".
Still working on this,  but it will happen very soon.

Price range links don't seem to work. In fact, categorization in general doesn't seem to be correct at all.
Price range links are fixed.  If you have other categorization suggestions,  please post them here.

Meh. How about we just get that bitcoin debit card already and then buy direct from Amazon.
Because Bitcoinstore.com is cheaper than Amazon for lots of things,  and especially so after you consider the fees that will be involved in loading the card.

Thank you to everyone who has already placed an order!
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015
Strength in numbers
BitcoinStore.com is the world's first, Bitcoin only, super store.

Unfortunately it is not.

There was a Bitcoin superstore before, bitcoinz.ca, run by a fucker named awozny here on the forum, who delivered the first test-orders and ran off with our money when he got proper orders prepaid.

His real name is Anthony Wozny from Canada, has anyone ever heard from him again or could let me know where I could find him so I could physically let him experience what I think about scum like him?

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your thread but CNR Smiley.

I am happy that you made this store and am looking forward to buying from you! Smiley

Joe

bitcoinz.ca doesn't sound like a very super store to me.
Activity: 359
BitcoinStore.com is the world's first, Bitcoin only, super store.

Unfortunately it is not.

There was a Bitcoin superstore before, bitcoinz.ca, run by a fucker named awozny here on the forum, who delivered the first test-orders and ran off with our money when he got proper orders prepaid.

His real name is Anthony Wozny from Canada, has anyone ever heard from him again or could let me know where I could find him so I could physically let him experience what I think about scum like him?

Sorry, didn't mean to interrupt your thread but CNR Smiley.

I am happy that you made this store and am looking forward to buying from you! Smiley

Joe

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Activity: 536
Merit: 500
First of all, this is amazing. Exactly what bitcoin needed!

The main menu on the left is very buggy, though. Might want to fix that before beta period ends. For example, submenus will start popping in and out in an endless loop sometimes, even when the mouse has left the menu area.
legendary
Monero Core Team

(I'm eager to read about first people reporting their orders being processed with no problems and for shipping to Chile.)

Shipping a laptop to Chile (Santiago) their lowest cost is $453.57 as they only offer Federal Express. I raised the shipping issue over three months ago because of my poor experience in Canada with international shipments via private courier. If there is one thing this store needs to address it is international shipping, and I also strongly believe the best solution is the post office however antiquated and old fashioned this may seem for a Bitcoin store.

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com

(I'm eager to read about first people reporting their orders being processed with no problems and for shipping to Chile.)
Activity: 312
When you are ready with a fully-functional, attractive site. I have a marketing scheme idea for you.

1) Partner with TangibleCryptography, Bitinstant or another one of these cash deposit direct to bitcoin outlets.
2) Ask them to issue a coupon code for your store (say $100 off $1000). Coupons go to people who purchase $1000 worth of btc from them and who are first-time customers (I assume they do KYC to check this).
3) Eliminate coupon code sharing by requiring that the bitcoins used to make the purchase match the bitcoins purchased from the cash to bitcoin outlet
4) Identify a few popular items that you can offer competitive prices for.
5) Post the item and detailed bitcoin purchase, download, and coupon acquisition instructions on "slickdeals.net" Also post a price comparison vs. Amazon, newegg, etc.

Expect to lose some money off this. The goal is to get name recognition for the bitcoinstore + bitcoin acquisition methods in a very widely used deal forum.  
Ideally you can get the absolute cheapskates who populate slickdeals.net to regularly scan your site for new offers and post about them autonomously.

Presumably the name recognition will help your partner as well.

[I don't think you should do this until the site has been substantially upgraded. It looks a bit like a low-price scam site right now. (I mean that in the nicest possible way.)
Scam sites often involve purchasing hardware from foreign companies. These companies also ask for wire transfer, etc. less reversible methods of payment than credit cards.
Thus you have to improve your image]

+1
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Welcome and thank you, Im loving the site and the quantity of articles available.
Pages:
Jump to: