Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1034. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
shitcoins dropping like flies, Blackcoin stays same price. Come on people, when will you learn?!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
Here are some links (updated) for anyone just joining us: (please add more if you have it)

http://www.blackcoin.co - Official BlackCoin Website
http://blackcoinpool.com - Official BC Multipool
https://coinkite.com - Web Wallet, Debit Cards and Payment Terminals
https://prelude.io/trade/usd/bc - Buy or Sell BC with USD
https://c-cex.com/?p=bc-usd - BC USD trade
https://www.litebit.eu/coin/bc/en - Euro to BC
https://www.mintpal.com/market/BC/BTC - Buy or Sell BlackCoin (BC) with BitCoin (BTC) on MiltPal Exchange
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/179 - Buy or Sell BlackCoin (BC) with BitCoin (BTC) on Cryptsy Exchange
https://www.coinpayments.net - Stores that accept cryptos. BC is now accepted there.
http://maarx.nl/maarx.nl/blackcoin/distribution - Check coin distribution ( top 1000 wallets )
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cryptosaur/ldifofhjjihonamocbjmboeeaolkflag - Download Google Chrome price ticker extention
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23blackcoin&src=typd&f=realtime - Tweeter related to BlackCoin
Activity: 248
about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.

20% is enough to do double-spending attacks from time to time (like once per month) with no direct costs.

20% of active stakes at the moment off course, less active stakes, less security, less interest make less actives stakers

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22aw8c/most_altcoins_are_not_secure_enough_they_exist/

Well this comment was related to PeerCoin and the actual statement is:

20% is enough to do double-spending attacks from time to time (like once per month) with no direct costs.
I haven't done analysis on 51% attack on ppc, and I really doubt 20% will be enough.

I don't want to say that you are wrong, but want to stress that these topics are very hot (and interesting) and not completely understood yet [edit: by the larger audience, brains like rat4 surely have a better understanding].

Thats Right, what make me think its that is only 20% of active stakes.
On LOW REWARD POS, less people gonna be willing to active stake,

Its just that in crypto security came from miners, less rewards to miners make less relaltive security

I think that this can be a problem just like for Doge is (low early pow reward) that can be BC problem (using analogy)

But unlike in Doge in PoS there is no real work that has to be done, so basically there is no reason not to stake as long as you have a device running that is able to stake. When did you switch off your mobile phone last time? Smiley
Activity: 215
Merit: 102
Thats so cool, I want one. No wait, 4 !

yay.No need to shop for birthday presents in 2014 anymore  Cool
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

Sounds cool - count me in Smiley

want one too!
everyday something new.. something better.. something BLACKER Wink
Activity: 854
Merit: 506
A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

I want one
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.

20% of active stakes at the moment off course, less active stakes, less security, less interest make less actives stakers

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22aw8c/most_altcoins_are_not_secure_enough_they_exist/

I haven't done analysis on 51% attack on ppc, and I really doubt 20% will be enough.

I don't want to say that you are wrong, but want to stress that these topics are very hot (and interesting) and not completely understood yet [edit: by the larger audience, brains like rat4 surely have a better understanding].

Thats Right, what make me think its that is only 20% of active stakes.
On LOW REWARD POS, less people gonna be willing to active stake,

Its just that in crypto security came from miners, less rewards to miners make less relaltive security

I think that this can be a problem just like for Doge is (low early pow reward) that can be BC problem (using analogy)
Activity: 253
IconicExpert, Stick me down for one....

Can I pay in BC...  Wink
Activity: 364
A Few Announcements!!!

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

Activity: 84
IconicExpert, please count also me in for the card.

Many thanks !!!
Activity: 504
Merit: 253
A Few Announcements!!!

Really great idea!
I'd also want one.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
A Few Announcements!!!

Awesome stuff Iconic. Really looking forward to checking this out.

I'll be first to order ! Smiley

Thank you everyone!!! I am now more excited by the demand and I look forward to getting the cards into your hands ASAP!!!
Activity: 248

Activity: 112

cool! count me in for a Special Edition!  Cool
Activity: 525
Merit: 501
GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency
Everyone, I need your help:

We need to get BlackCoin added to http://bittylicious.com, it will allow BC to be purchased with GBP. Please email [email protected] and tell them you are willing to sell blackcoin on their site. They are concerned that there will be no supply. Please take a moment to to this now.

See their tweet here:

https://twitter.com/Bittylicious_/status/454165460314255360

Providing an avenue for the general public to buy BlackCoin directly is of paramount importance. We need to start bringing investors in from outside of crypto world, and this is just another option for the outside world.

So can we do that now please?

Please email [email protected] and ask for them to add blackcoin.

This is an awesome community, we can get this done!

Yeh I asked them yesterday as I knew it would benefit the community. Have also pledged my support if/when they add us.
Activity: 364

We need to get BlackCoin added to http://bittylicious.com, it will allow BC to be purchased with GBP. Please email [email protected] and tell them you are willing to sell blackcoin on their site. They are concerned that there will be no supply. Please take a moment to to this now.

See their tweet here:

Providing an avenue for the general public to buy BlackCoin directly is of paramount importance. We need to start bringing investors in from outside of crypto world, and this is just another option for the outside world.

Yeah I emailed them a few hours ago. lol.

Cool - i've been tweeting this out too! Together we can do this!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

See their tweet here:

Yeah I emailed them a few hours ago. lol.

@IconicExpert. That's great news. And means we can be more resistant to getting our coins hacked I hope!
I'm certainly in.
Jump to: