Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1035. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10
iTechnoguy
Price is inconsequential, lower price means more BC for miners when the price does rise.

Focus on building infrastructure and building projects that contribute to the community.

My BC centric crypto exchange exchange is almost ready for open beta.

The price be of no great importance?
The price that a recognized degree
I don't think the price is be of no great importance
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Everyone, I need your help:

We need to get BlackCoin added to http://bittylicious.com, it will allow BC to be purchased with GBP. Please email [email protected] and tell them you are willing to sell blackcoin on their site. They are concerned that there will be no supply. Please take a moment to to this now.

See their tweet here:

https://twitter.com/Bittylicious_/status/454165460314255360

Providing an avenue for the general public to buy BlackCoin directly is of paramount importance. We need to start bringing investors in from outside of crypto world, and this is just another option for the outside world.

So can we do that now please?

Please email [email protected] and ask for them to add blackcoin.

This is an awesome community, we can get this done!

Activity: 245
A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

So what exactly is the Blackcoin Card Wallet?

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

Kewl stuff mate! never seize to amaze;) I want one! Also this makes using the coin so much easier for the lesser savvy (but still very modern) people!
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
iTechnoguy
Hello,

Just passing by  to show my support.

RAT4, SOEPKIP, ICONICEXPERT and all the others thank you for your efforts

Keep up doing the good work and don't worry about the 10k

BLACKCOIN WILL PROSPER

Slim

Strong support
The community of people should be involved in
Come on
Activity: 308
A Few Announcements!!!

1.) First I want to thank everyone who supported Blackout Wednesday! Our press release was read over 100,000 times on over 111 sites: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22BlackCoin%20Popularity%20%26%20Value%20Soars%20Due%20to%20Revolutionary%22

2.) As everyone here might already know BlackCoin is being added to CoinKite! They have a debit card that can be branded and used at their shops. SoepKip notified me a few days ago about the news and a decision was made I will not longer produce a separate Visa card. We do not want to cause confusion in the marketplace, and we also do not want to incite unnecessary competition amongst ourselves. Instead, I have decided to support the CoinKite project and use my resources in helping that partnership grow.

3.) As I previously announced I will be using my own resources to quickly build a network and infrastructure around BlackCoin. I wholeheartedly disagree this coin or community should take baby steps. We need more talented people who are willing to help in any way they can to help this community grow.

4.) Finally... Today I would like to announce the BlackCoin Card Wallet. As some of you know I am software and product developer, and since CoinKite will eventually supply our debit cards, I wanted to shift focus and  create something special for the community. I contacted rat4 and Soepkip about a portable BC wallet the size of a credit card. The dev team liked the idea so I began immediately making it happen.

The BlackCoin Card Wallet is a completely branded BC card with a pull out USB dongle. It will be loaded with a custom BlackCoin start menu and the wallet pre loaded. When you insert the wallet into your computer the menu will automatically launch, and you will have access to your wallet, current market prices, BC news, and other elements all in one place! What makes this exciting is you will not only be able to keep your wallet with you at all times, in the event you need to access your funds you will be able to do it at any Windows computer. The blockchain and all other data will already be loaded on the card. (Obviously if you do not plug the card in regularly it will take longer for it to sync). Also, the launcher will automatically update the wallet to the current version automatically.

Another benefit of the card is you can pre-load as many coins as you like and give the cards away to family and friends as "gift cards". They will not need to be tech savvy to use it! Just insert and go! This is a great way to introduce others to BlackCoin.

And lets be honest, wouldn't it be cool to walk around with a BlackCoin wallet card with the sexy logo?

Tomorrow for "Blackfriday" I will be posting pics and taking pre-orders. I am taking pre-orders because this is the first run of the product and I have no clue how much demand there will be. I do not want to under manufacture or over manufacture since there is considerable cost involved. Production time is approximately 2 weeks and I will be shipping immediately upon receipt of the product. The card will cost $19.99 (BC of course) and that includes free shipping worldwide. So if you live on a private island I will still ship it to you for free :-). The first batch created will be also branded with "Special Edition" and other cool goodies I do not want to mention just yet. Some of the proceeds from each sale will go to the dev team and back into this community to fund other projects. A website is currently being developed for the card and once we are live I will be doing a promotional campaign promoting BC and the card!!!

Awesome stuff Iconic. Really looking forward to checking this out.

I'll be first to order ! Smiley

Put me down for one as well!  Thanks Iconic for your hard work and making this happen!
Activity: 308
wow amazing, real nice project again and again
Activity: 392
Is there a way how we can counter attack the dumper who keeps it below 10k? I'm getting pretty tired of his game.

Just a brainfart: Can we just collect the blackcoinpool profits for a few days and than buy the shit up? The whale will shit in his pants when his fake walls gets instafilled by us?

Although it's possible that there is simply one or two massive BC holders who are responsible, it's also entirely possible that this behavior will continue for several days... 10K represents huge psychological resistance for many... and unknown territory for everyone.  It's quite possible that even if a single buyer of 25-50BTC were to throw an order in to push the price up... it would fall almost instantly as dozens of people rushed to fill those orders with what they consider 'expensive BC'.

The question you should ask is more "why do you want it above 10K right now?" because that's probably just as important.  If you want it at 10K so you can sell... then you aren't actually any different than someone posting those sell orders at just under that mark.  On the other hand if you're going to sit on your BC until it hits 100K - then you will still (one day) be him... hoping all your orders get filled at 100K before it corrects again. Cheesy

However, if you are that second guy... then we're talking about price moves which will then represent less than 1% total volatility... at which point it time BC will be more stable than the US Dollar, the Yen, and the Euro - combined! Smiley

@IconicExpert (re: Card) Incredible!  Fantastic idea and I look forward to holding one of those 'special edition' cards. Cheesy
Activity: 336
SellALL, BuyBTC
A Few Announcements!!!

I'll be first to order ! Smiley
Activity: 525
Merit: 501
GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency
A Few Announcements!!!

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
just read an article on BC on yahoo ... interesting!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
A Few Announcements!!!

Activity: 154
Is there a way how we can counter attack the dumper who keeps it below 10k? I'm getting pretty tired of his game.

Just a brainfart: Can we just collect the blackcoinpool profits for a few days and than buy the shit up? The whale will shit in his pants when his fake walls gets instafilled by us?
about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.

As I understand it you wouldn't need 51% of all blackcoins - but simply 51% of all currently staking blackcoins... which would be a much smaller amount as many wallets would be closed, some would be open but locked (therefore not staking), etc.  So it is indeed easier, theoretically, than simply having a wallet with ~38M BC staking in it.

On the other hand, it definitely is uncharted territory - and on-going open research as you noted.  In reality, I think it simply comes down to a matter of odds... which are definitely in the favor of blockchain security and against someone attempting to double-spend.  A great deal of which is improved with BC due to the speed with which confirmations occur.  As it would require sequential blocks pushed by the attacking PoS wallet - the duration of which would be barely over a minute - the likelihood of profiting from such an action would be very limited.

In a PoW coin - even BTC with it's mighty hashrate - this is a little more likely due to the amount of time in between confirmations.  Especially as the PoW rewards dwindle, there is less and less incentive for miners to secure the blockchain.  In the case of BC, there isn't a possibility of PoW 'targeted attacks' and simply having half of all BC in existence would not necessarily allow for this (at least as I see it) due to the fact that the staking amount and duration are randomized.

Please correct me on any aspects that I'm ignorant of - this is just my 'quick take' on the issue based on my brief perusal of Sunny King's paper and the wiki articles on PoS. Smiley
Activity: 210
retard(s) dumping BC just to not reach 10k...
Activity: 147
Hello,

Just passing by  to show my support.

RAT4, SOEPKIP, ICONICEXPERT and all the others thank you for your efforts

Keep up doing the good work and don't worry about the 10k

BLACKCOIN WILL PROSPER

Slim

Activity: 248
about security: could someone explain how we could be hacked ? (pos) I know ppl have to have wallets opened, but how many coins/ppl/whatever ?

Technically you need 51% of all blackcoins to perform a hack in terms of double spending etc. Theoretically the required amount of coins is smaller if an attacker is able to precompute the chain, but this is open research afaik.
One of the comments about the multipool's profitability (although presented by a notable troll in this thread apparently) I felt should be addressed specifically.

Note that I have nothing against many of the multipools on PoolPicker - but I find it humorous that after such a tiny amount of actual data (all of which is positive) a single day of not being the #1 pool in the list is considered proof of 'failure'.

Without exception, none of the pools represented have avoided being less profitable than simply mining LTC - on numerous occasions over the past 30 days.  The profitability algorithms of some of these older pools is obviously top notch - with the exception of Middlecoin which obviously needs work as it's all over the place from day to day.

Although 4 days is definitely not enough data to mark any kind of trend - so far, our pool has never been less profitable than mining LTC.  Considering how young in the development cycle the profitability algorithms are, I really don't expect it to fall below LTC - outside of a bug (which happens, no matter how careful you are as a dev) or a completely unexpected breakaway coin release. 

The other pools introduced on PoolPicker around the same time - multipool.us, coinfu.io, and wemineall.com - have all had several days below LTC profitability already... and a few of the older pools have spent nearly 40% of their time under that level as well.

The dev team is to be commended for this achievement.  It would be adequate (especially to people like myself) for mining the pool to just not cost me too much money... since it's paying in something I believe will be worth 10X more in a reasonably short period of time. For that mining to be profitable instantly (even to those immediately dumping for BTC) is really incredible!  Great job LDG - especially St. GNU for all the code-crafting behind the scenes - you guys are absolutely killing it! Cheesy
Activity: 532

And 2nd. Mb we will increasy inflation to 2% ? No that big difference but if that will secure us mb not that stupid idea?
Activity: 476
Coinkite adds BlackCoin!

http://www.blackcoin.co/general/coinkite-adds-blackcoin/

Tell the world! Contact Crypto News sites etc.!
Jump to: