Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1245. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Edit: imo alot of people don't like the idea of billions and billions of coins
I believe this is more a matter of distribution. More coins means more potential for widespread adoption. I mean, if there are 100 000 people on the altcoin scene, that's the maximum. Compare with 7 billions (soon 9) inhabitant on this planet.

I agree with this fully, would I rather have a high value, low total number coin in the hands of a few, or a lower valued, high total number coin in the hands of the masses? I use the analogy of the American Gold Eagle coin versus the American dollar as my point. Which is used as the everyday currency? That's because it's in the hands of everybody and if the masses were to have a coin in their hands, this be the incentive for retailers, service providers and even workers to be paid in a digital currency. I was a BC miner and am still a BC holder and mining on the BlackCoin Pool beta, but my home coin is Nutcoin, and right now we are still very much in a distribution phase of the coin, it's been out for just under 3 months now and thankfully we've been flying low which is allowing for easy mining and a wider distribution of the coin before the whales take notice and try to grind it into the dirt. The wider the distribution of the coin, the harder it will be to manipulate the price and for the big holders to manufacture pump and dumps like we've been seeing with BC these past few days so the big boys can buy the coins the panic sellers are dumping at the bottom of the dumps at bargain prices. Hold your coins.

What the hell is Nutcoin?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Either way, BC and MINT can both succeed. All they have to rip ideas of each other as we go and we can both become the BTC and LTC of the PoS market. Tongue
I have exactly this idea. Look for "project F" on mintcoin thread and you will have a teasing of what I am thinking about at the moment (hint: this is a bit different that what mintcoin holders think, I will announce it there later on).
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
thrasher.

So as you say, 'its rate people do anything for free'...if the MINT crew paid me a bounty to add their coin, why would you consider such a payment a bribe, vs. paying for the work required to make it happen?  Its not like I had this feature ready to go and said 'pay me X coins to get yourself listed'. 

I thought of BC as I was building this feature, I was in at launch,  I've been idling in the irc channel since launch, have made some profits on personal trades with it.  Quickly losing interest in it though with such silliness.  oh well.

Business is business, coins want to be listed and added to pools and they pay in what they have. Bribe/payment/bounty, no reason to get caught in the silliness yourself.

BC will rub people the wrong way as that is the nature of this coin as it does not confirm to the "normal". BC can't be changed or stopped on any silliness or drama in forum threads.

BC will inevitably cause a lot of drama because of what is being set in motion will inevitably absorb many other alt currencies.
Activity: 308
thrasher.
I believe this is more a matter of distribution. More coins means more potential for widespread adoption. I mean, if there are 100 000 people on the altcoin scene, that's the maximum. Compare with 7 billions (soon 9) inhabitant on this planet.

I agree with this fully, would I rather have a high value, low total number coin in the hands of a few, or a lower valued, high total number coin in the hands of the masses? I use the analogy of the American Gold Eagle coin versus the American dollar as my point. Which is used as the everyday currency? That's because it's in the hands of everybody and if the masses were to have a coin in their hands, this be the incentive for retailers, service providers and even workers to be paid in a digital currency. I was a BC miner and am still a BC holder and mining on the BlackCoin Pool beta, but my home coin is Nutcoin, and right now we are still very much in a distribution phase of the coin, it's been out for just under 3 months now and thankfully we've been flying low which is allowing for easy mining and a wider distribution of the coin before the whales take notice and try to grind it into the dirt. The wider the distribution of the coin, the harder it will be to manipulate the price and for the big holders to manufacture pump and dumps like we've been seeing with BC these past few days so the big boys can buy the coins the panic sellers are dumping at the bottom of the dumps at bargain prices. Hold your coins.

You are ignoring the other points made in this thread about this.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

So as you say, 'its rate people do anything for free'...if the MINT crew paid me a bounty to add their coin, why would you consider such a payment a bribe, vs. paying for the work required to make it happen?  Its not like I had this feature ready to go and said 'pay me X coins to get yourself listed'. 

I thought of BC as I was building this feature, I was in at launch,  I've been idling in the irc channel since launch, have made some profits on personal trades with it.  Quickly losing interest in it though with such silliness.  oh well.

Business is business, coins want to be listed and added to pools and they pay in what they have. Bribe/payment/bounty, no reason to get caught in the silliness yourself.

BC will rub people the wrong way as that is the nature of this coin as it does not confirm to the "normal". BC can't be changed or stopped on any silliness or drama in forum threads.

Activity: 644
BC doesn't have the premine to bribe or pay or whatever you want to call it. I emailed multipool operators about the idea (maybe not hashcows, I don't remember now) before Radio even hit the scene.

What did I get? Zero responses.  Roll Eyes

Either way, BC and MINT can both succeed. All they have to do is keep ripping ideas off each other as we go and we can both become the BTC and LTC of the PoS market. Tongue
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Why did Hash choose MINT really
Because I asked Smiley Notice I could ask for BC too... I think MINT and BC should not fight at each other - I know several persons who are supporters of both MINT and BC. Still, I wonder how both currencies could walk hand in hand without being counter-productive. I welcome any suggestion (the "we don't destroy the environment' part could help, but won't suffice, I think).
And, no we did not bribe them. But you are free to disbelieve me.

(I don't remember someone at MINT ever accusing BC of bribing someone. How elegant from BC to accuse of felony)

Coins bribe exchanges and pools all the time, it isn't precedent setting.

As the owner of hashcows, mint came and asked.  I was thinking blackcoin might also be a fit, once any kinks were worked out with the process, but didn't realize it was such a one or the other decision from the blackcoin community.  

Fair enough, but its typically a safe bet people have gotten some kind of kickback. Its rare people do anything for free and I don't have any experience from mint or hashcows doing otherwise.

I also do not speak for anyone but myself.

BC fundamentals did not change, the people you are arguing with are not BC ambassadors so you should not lose your interest in this coin because of it.
Activity: 451

Activity: 427
Merit: 252
Because I asked Smiley Notice I could ask for BC too... I think MINT and BC should not fight at each other - I know several persons who are supporters of both MINT and BC. Still, I wonder how both currencies could walk hand in hand without being counter-productive. I welcome any suggestion (the "we don't destroy the environment' part could help, but won't suffice, I think).

(I don't remember someone at MINT ever accusing BC of bribing someone. How elegant from BC to accuse of felony)

As the owner of hashcows, mint came and asked.  I was thinking blackcoin might also be a fit, once any kinks were worked out with the process, but didn't realize it was such a one or the other decision from the blackcoin community.  

Fair enough, but its typically a safe bet people have gotten some kind of kickback. Its rare people do anything for free and I don't have any experience from mint or hashcows doing otherwise.

Hey, I'm all for hashcows offering BC & Mint payments. I have no Mint but don't have anything against it. I believe more in BC but the minute we start creating a little clique where we shout down everything else and think nothing else can compete is the moment we lose sight of how we started and the fact the fundamentals will eventually speak for themselves. Let the free market decide.
Activity: 448

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

To reference to your quote above, it's probably best to use the comparative analogy of gold (BC) and silver (MINT). Quite accurate given the parameters on both coins.

Once people become acquainted with alts via the press of national cryptos, this may end up leading them to discover the real virtual gold and silver in the crypto world (for POS coins, at least).

They naturally complement each other.
Pepemo.vip

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I own both mint and bc.
I think we should all get along and work with each other, not as concurrents but as partners.
Like bitcoin (black) and litecoin (mint)

I prefer black over mint tho because of the 0% premine and the 1% inflation.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Coin amount means nothing when you can break the coin down to 8 decimal places. Its overall value that people care about. Does the same about of coin X buy the same about of product y?

I'm so glad you're taking the moral highroad and not bashing coins in their own threads. That could be considered hypocritical and desperate.

You're right, neither me nor David are bashing this coin... thanks for pointing that out. we are both supporters of both mint and bc (OMG HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? MIND BLLLLLOOOWN!). The only thing I ever come close to bashing on this thread is how hostile the community is. Which I see more as constructive criticism because being hostile is not really a positive trait and I want to see this coin to succeed. Chill out people, BC is doing great there is no need to try and throw other coins under the bus.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

Please don't take one persons statement as the feeling of "BC"

Even if you did "bribe" a pool (not saying you did in any way) that is certainly not a felony, only a business dealing.

let's stop the drama and focus on building merchants and newcomers Smiley

PS: Good luck to Mint. Unfortunately is harder to pump 20% inflation coin than 1%... this is ecsactly 20x harder Tongue.

You are right, Mint is not a pump-and-dump coin. I am glad we agree on that. It's stability is probably one reason why so many merchants have already adopted it. I am looking for coins that offer long-term stable growth, not pump-and-dumps (I can't keep up with them).

When BC had low volume and it was in deepths their price was stable like hell to just look a 500 flor ^^.
When you fight with new flors then it needs time to stabilze .
Mint was once pumped then was dumped and it is seeking down flor.
Soon it will be pumped mark my word and dumped again... like whole crypto coins even BTC have same story there is no exceptions and won't be.
Enyway there is many stright Mint clones Zeit,ECC,Ghost....more are comming(all premined ^^-haha)

BC vs Mint
there is nothing to compare this are different concepts of coins.
1% deflationary vs 20% green minig - just choose what you like
premine 1%(efective4.5%) vs 0% - choose what you like
BC pure POS(10s transactions) vs POW/POS hybryd 2min transations  - choose what you like
Small stake chance every 8h BC vs stake after 20days of minting  - choose what you like
BC 100% dystrybution in 10days vs Mint 63% in 10days 37% in other 25days  - choose what you like
BC mooltipool goes hand in had with BC deflationary concept, Mint mooltipool ming is killing GREEN concept...  - choose what you like

Those coins are different technically and in economy they are for different kind of people
I just favor more more 0 premine coins than those premined but this is my personal choose.
Generaly most successful coins are non premined Vertcoin,Litecoin,Dogecoin... and other.
Non premine are like from ZERO to HERO ^^.

Mint is just different coin just let people decide what they like...
Activity: 448

Activity: 700
What is the difference? in one point i'm gonna exchange them, just not now.
Man you living under a Rock??
Get them on your Wallet asap!!

Less chance of losing it in an exchange and you can stake if it's in your wallet.
Activity: 434

Please don't take one persons statement as the feeling of "BC"

Even if you did "bribe" a pool (not saying you did in any way) that is certainly not a felony, only a business dealing.

let's stop the drama and focus on building merchants and newcomers Smiley
+1

there is difference when miner is minig coins with 20%-30% inflation than 1% Smiley like BC ( 0 premine and 1st with some working concept)
soon other mint clones will try that Smiley and hash  will pay in any coin you with for some fee ^^ this is business Mint is just testing field for them.
We have our dedicated pools writen from 0 so we will see how it would go.
Mint had orginal own poll with 50mhs on it...We had abut 50Ghs in peaks even with that there is no sence with making dram from that.
Just go straight to crypto top ^^ to by.pass BTC some day

PS: Good luck to Mint. Unfortunately is harder to pump 20% inflation coin than 1%... this is ecsactly 20x harder Tongue.

It seems as though a lot of posts on this board are people who have invested in a coin who go to another coin's thread to bash that competing coin. This is especially true if a coin is wildly successful like BC.

I saw even much more bashing of Quark when it was one of the most successful. People were losing investors in their coin to Quark so they felt the need to bash Quark so people wouldn't jump ship on their own coin causing their coin to lose price.
Pepemo.vip
You can easily move the decimal like we do with bitcoin. The mathematics of starting an economic engine is more important than the brain crack idea that it will be used by literally everyone on the planet.
Plus, even bitcoin could move further than 8 decimal; the protocol allows it.

I France, in the 70's, we decided to divide any franc (our currency by then) by 100. 100 old france were worth 1 new franc. So it happens even in real life (New franc)

so 5150 mint buys 1 BC and if the market cap stays the same in 1 year, 6180 mint will buy 1 bc.

1BTC @ 580 USD = ~11600 BC @ 0.05 USD

Obviously the market caps wont stay the same, but it would be fun to revisit this post in a year.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
PoSToken
Heads up; BC will be listed on Cryptsy on March 28th  Wink

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that site, so hard to use and read the charts.

I also like reading the chart does not look up
Jump to: