Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1539. (Read 2509926 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
After mining this, and a little bit of MINT (mining that again by the way), I am not sure I can ever go back to mining newly released scrypt PoW only coins. They're just so boring in comparison.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
My personal tip: When I need to login / withdraw BTC, I usually use a virtual keyboard where you simply press the keys with your mouse. It's much safer as it doesn't record the keyboard

Word. In fact the password mgr called Password Safe also has a virtual keyboard you can pull up anytime. This is great software, and it is free.
KeePass is another open-source alternative as well. BinaryClock from Dedicated Pools has a good tutorial YouTube video on this subject.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTRQqDoWwE
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

In addition to immediately clearing the console history after you unlock, observe best-practices and don't even directly type in the unlock command, at least not the password part. Pull it from a password mgr, or if for some (bad) reason you don't use one, type it out in chunks in notepad, intermixed with garbage characters, then copy and paste chunk by chunk. If your computer has keylogging malware you could get seriously fucked otherwise.
+1

Never use the keyboard directly to type sensitive passwords. When I have to type a password, I use the Windows 8.1 on-screen keyboard which keyloggers can't pick up.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
some sophisticated keyloggers can detect keystrokes from the on-screen keyboard

Well, god damn. Then, yeah, USE A GODDAM PASSWORD MGR and don't type sensitive shit at all when you are online.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
some sophisticated keyloggers can detect keystrokes from the on-screen keyboard
My personal tip: When I need to login / withdraw BTC, I usually use a virtual keyboard where you simply press the keys with your mouse. It's much safer as it doesn't record the keyboard

Word. In fact the password mgr called Password Safe also has a virtual keyboard you can pull up anytime. This is great software, and it is free.
Activity: 406
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

In addition to immediately clearing the console history after you unlock, observe best-practices and don't even directly type in the unlock command, at least not the password part. Pull it from a password mgr, or if for some (bad) reason you don't use one, type it out in chunks in notepad, intermixed with garbage characters, then copy and paste chunk by chunk. If your computer has keylogging malware you could get seriously fucked otherwise.
Activity: 476
Soepkip, your password could have been captured via someone remotely watching your screen, or just a simple keylogger. Ctrl-L will not thwart the latter, unfortunately.

I'm seriously thinking about setting up a dedicated machine as a cold wallet, which will stay powered off and physically disconnected 99.999% of the time. It will only be switched on to generate new receive addresses, send funds, or add a new coin. In addition, it will be firewalled so when powered on it will only communicate with a client on my local network. It will never be connected to the greater internet.

Most consumer computers do not contain any data that is of general value. That's now changing as cryptocoins become more popular...

I scan my computer regularly (like 2 days ago) and nothing was found. That's the weirdest part about it. I was lucky to find my wallet back thanks to automatic backups.

I also want to state that all Community Funds are save.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Soepkip, your password could have been captured via someone remotely watching your screen, or just a simple keylogger. Ctrl-L will not thwart the latter, unfortunately.

I'm seriously thinking about setting up a dedicated machine as a cold wallet, which will stay powered off and physically disconnected 99.999% of the time. It will only be switched on to generate new receive addresses, send funds, or add a new coin. In addition, it will be firewalled so when powered on it will only communicate with a client on my local network. It will never be connected to the greater internet.

Most consumer computers do not contain any data that is of general value. That's now changing as cryptocoins become more popular...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
Cryptowallets need to be upgraded to be more user friendly, less cody so everyone can use it and more secure.
Hey guys,

Well. I'm kinda at a loss for words. After everything I've been doing karma still kicked me in the ass.
Somehow my windows wallet got hacked, and (since i don't save passwords on my windows machine) i suspect they got my passphrase through the debug console.

So a fair warning if you unlock your wallet: ALWAYS USE CTRL+L to clear it!

I lost 27160 BC, and i'm really down about it seeing as that was my personal stash.

I'd like to thank Aforis for helping me setting up a VMWare with Linux wallet.

If you like the work I did in the past days, please consider a donation:
B96Ma83Sbxq5HR6UsPtbGapi9s5ZRHjwNo

I'm going to leave my computer now for a bit and hope i get motivated again to help the BlackCoin community out. I'm down, but not defeated.

Sorry for your loss. What is Ctrl+L?

I seriously have no clue how these hackers do it. Do you have an Antivirus/firewall? It's mind f******

CTRL+L clears the debug screen. If you type your passphrase out to unlock it'll remain shown if you don't use ctrl+L

I'm also amazed in how they've done it. They must have targeted me very specifically.
OMG Jabulon thank you!!!  Was like pulling teeth to get that info here lol

Sorry I took so long. Was caught up in another conversation. Two additional things: clear the console history with the red button lower right when you are done. Exit debug window. The lock should appear open immediately, but you may still see the minting-suspended message for a few minutes. It should disappear in a few.

That's fucking awful Soepkep, I was always worried about that issue. Left a warning yesterday in the thread. So yeah, Ctrl+L or just use the little red rectangle button lower right after you've unlocked. I think (hope and pray) the history is not retained elsewhere after you clear. Prob it's ok. But it's just sitting there in plaintext until you get rid of it.
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
Is the 21Gh/s on the network due to people wasting their hashing power on the coin or is it because stats are frozen?

Or coming from PoS? Just asking?!?
Activity: 339
Merit: 251
Hey guys,

Well. I'm kinda at a loss for words. After everything I've been doing karma still kicked me in the ass.
Somehow my windows wallet got hacked, and (since i don't save passwords on my windows machine) i suspect they got my passphrase through the debug console.

I lost 27160 BC, and i'm really down about it seeing as that was my personal stash.

I'm going to leave my computer now for a bit and hope i get motivated again to help the BlackCoin community out. I'm down, but not defeated.

sorry to hear about that :/ thanks for the tip though.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Anyone else have deposit problems on mintpal? Stuck for hours. Over 100 confirms.

cannot withdraw too.

I suspect their coind daemon crashed and nobody is around to restart it. Always sucks when this happens because once the coins get released there's an inevitable flood of the markets and usually a crash.
Activity: 406
Hey guys,

Sorry for your loss. What is Ctrl+L?

I seriously have no clue how these hackers do it. Do you have an Antivirus/firewall? It's mind f******
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
fucking hacker's Sad
Hey guys,

Activity: 322
Jump to: