Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1537. (Read 2509926 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
So it looks like mining has finished and everything is settling down. Can I ask what I can use my Blackcoin for besides either leaving in my wallet to gather interest or selling/trading on an exchange? Is there something else that I can buy directly with them? Can I use the coins for something? Maybe I just need to wait. What is everyone else doing with their coins which somehow are worth around .000015 BTC atm even though I can't seem to find a single use for them besides hanging out in my wallet making other Blackcoins. I just want to make sure I haven't missed out on the great thing these coins are for.

Trade them for bitcoin and buy yourself a car from any of several reputable dealers. Alternatively, you will be able to gamble them away on our blackjack site once it's finished. Beyond that, I think it's just a matter of time before snoop-dog only accepts blackcoin for his new albums/tracks.

I didn't know that I can buy a car with only 28796 Blackcoins. I guess I should have mined more in retrospect. So i have to exchange them for something else (BTC, etc..) in order to buy something is that correct? And by the way I am sure that Snoop-lion will likely take Potcoin instead of Blackcoin. Accepting Blackcoin and not Whitecoin would be borderline racist.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
hey guys ive been mining from the start but wallet wont sync past 5000th block. was there an issue? is there an easy fix?

You probably haven't updated the client. Do it.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
hey guys ive been mining from the start but wallet wont sync past 5000th block. was there an issue? is there an easy fix?
So it looks like mining has finished and everything is settling down. Can I ask what I can use my Blackcoin for besides either leaving in my wallet to gather interest or selling/trading on an exchange? Is there something else that I can buy directly with them? Can I use the coins for something? Maybe I just need to wait. What is everyone else doing with their coins which somehow are worth around .000015 BTC atm even though I can't seem to find a single use for them besides hanging out in my wallet making other Blackcoins. I just want to make sure I haven't missed out on the great thing these coins are for.

Trade them for bitcoin and buy yourself a car from any of several reputable dealers. Alternatively, you will be able to gamble them away on our blackjack site once it's finished. Beyond that, I think it's just a matter of time before snoop-dog only accepts blackcoin for his new albums/tracks.
Activity: 70
The PoS is working great. Already two stakes in two days.

This may be a dumb question but I'm not too familiar with POS coins, can you accumulate interest while your coins sit in your exchange wallet or do you need to withdraw to an official desktop wallet?

You need to withdraw them to the wallet-client. If you encrypt your wallet, which you should, you need to unlock it for minting when you want to stake your coins and collect PoS payout, which is based on coin age. Read up the thread for a) unlocking instructions, and b) security precautions for unlocking safely.
Activity: 112
i am new @ mining what is that POS and POW

i see mining is over so how i can get BCs now ?
You can do one of the many open bounties Smiley

http://blackcoin.co/bounties/

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

This may be a dumb question but I'm not too familiar with POS coins, can you accumulate interest while your coins sit in your exchange wallet or do you need to withdraw to an official desktop wallet?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
Heh, now i'm gonna patent that idea :p. You can buy it off of me for 27160 BC xD

Seriously dude, it would be worth it.
Activity: 294

Looks like we're back up and running on Mintpal,  Smiley
Activity: 112
Sorry to hear about your bc loss Sad
I mined a lot of doge when it was worth nothing the pool got hacked I think and they got my info and changed payout address.
I checked my wallet and it was empty no history either didn't spot the payout and ended up sending them more! Woops.
Now I use an offline wallet and send them from my rig once in a while to keep funds low.
better be soon need some hype Smiley
Activity: 115
How long we will wait for Cryptsy?
Volume is very high, so its should be only matter of time
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
having problems with mintpal atm,can not withdrawals and deposits
read last page everyones having problems with mintpal atm
xD yup only PoS now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Tell me some good pools..there is no single listed on first page..i tried few that i found in this topic and lost 24 hours off digging because they all fall apart in last 24 hours and did not get single coin
There will be no pool any more.

indeed a week late bud gotta buy your way in now. good thing prices are still cheap atm Smiley
Jump to: