Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1552. (Read 2509926 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
With a $500,000 market cap at max coin supply, with very little new coins entering the market, it can't go down much further than it already has. This coin has a 50% downside (let's say it goes to complete and utter shitcoin status - $250,000 market cap and 500 satoshi per coin), versus a 1000% upside if this coin can gain some traction and gain a few million in market cap value (let's say $5 million cap).

The advantage of this coin is the same that QRK had - no maintenance for whales to pump due to mine and dump. And QRK saw one of the greatest pumps in crypto history. Though it took many months of accumulation to do it so don't expect something like that any time soon.  Tongue

I expect another shake out still right after PoW ends.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
We're not even close to block 9000 in PoW. 9800 is a combination of PoW and PoS blocks. Don't be fooled.

Yes, PoS staking also show up in the blockchain as 'blocks'.

So when will mining be over for PoW? What block? Any one know?
This line from the source code should make it self-explanatory:

Code:
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 10000;

if (IsProofOfWork() && nHeight > LAST_POW_BLOCK)
return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-work at height %d", nHeight))

Right so it really ends in 100 blocks...

Cool Smiley Hopefully MoooooooN

I invested 0.3BTC at 1100. Usually I wouldn't even attempt stuff like this, but hey, this is a one time experiment... Who knows what happens?

Sellers will basically control the entire market..

The whales will always make waves! I've been mining it and got some at around 1000 last night. Hopefully make a little extra profit on top of the mining that way.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
We're not even close to block 9000 in PoW. 9800 is a combination of PoW and PoS blocks. Don't be fooled.

Code:

return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-work at height %d", nHeight))

I invested 0.3BTC at 1100. Usually I wouldn't even attempt stuff like this, but hey, this is a one time experiment... Who knows what happens?

Likely the price will be forced up and come down just as fast
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Code:

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
got my first stake worth .09 lol

donations anyone :[

BRXq4KNJqLr1Pff1boWShEhpQ1yccFuNdi
Because this is daily steak bro if u mine block you will get 7-50 BC note that more BC you have more chance that you will get your block.
Rat updated wallen and there u see your chance to get reward Smiley.
This is simulation more or less bitcoin minig in 20years remember that BC is long run investment than quick buck.
If you want higher income rate try GBN,Cash,Mint. BC is more difficult to obtain.
Now you need invest in mining gear Wink i mean more BC for 1BTC you can get to top 100 so you allways have chance.

i only have 3500 coins zzz i was here at launch too

Code:

Current block is 9890 and outstanding coins are 73,921,076. We are going have ~25% less coins than expected when PoW ends?

Yup. Source code confirms that. If nHeight of block (PoS or PoW) is higher than 10000 and block is PoW, then it's not valid
Activity: 238
Current block is 9890 and outstanding coins are 73,921,076. We are going have ~25% less coins than expected when PoW ends?

This is actually a good thing.  There will be a total supply less than the max Litecoin supply.   That gives a good indication of the possible value for this coin, if it gets a good adoption.
Activity: 210

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Code:

POW mining ends at block height 10000.

Yes block height includes both POW and POS.   We will end up with about 75 million total coins before POW has ended.

Only about 1 hour left.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

Code:

legendary
19 BTC buy order on MintPal, and the manipulation begins wooo!

I'll be watching closely!

I think it'll get replaced when the price has gone past 1200

Nope.  POW ends when block height is 10000. Block height includes POS blocks.

I'll be watching closely!

legendary
Activity: 322

If you look at the source code, it doesn't seems to make difference between PoS and PoW blocks, just >10000.
Activity: 266
upgraded to new wallet, says my time to reward is 6 days?  Da fuk?

lol i got 10 days...

Chill man, it's just an estimate based on some heuristical guesswork of your penis-size. Here's the source code:
get_penis_SIZE_millimeters:calcdays_est_to_PoSreward.

Epic Grin

In v1.0.3 you will be able to disable this if desired, as all results are logged continuously on the blockchain itself and certain users may object. Not considered optimal however as timeframe estimates will likely be less accurate.
Jump to: