Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1556. (Read 2509926 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Very news:

Such wallet update has been released. See OP. Much notable change: http://i.imgur.com/DcuD4I5.png

PoW moves to teh end.

Faucet is charged with 1000 BC. Enjoy free coins Wink

Love the POS visualization.  Nice innovation!  
Activity: 126
VERSION 1.0.2 is OUT (see op post)

Just talked to the dev, after block 10.000 PoW mining will stop.
Supply will be less then 100.000.000!

Thanks for the update.  I guess I don't have strong feelings about ~80M BC vs 100M but it's nice to have confirmation from the dev.  Thanks for all your hard work!
Activity: 196
Muniti creator
If its needed i can/will make a new website for blackcoin. Interest?

That would be great. Could you please show us a sample of how the website would be?
Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
Very news:

Such wallet update has been released. See OP. Much notable change: http://i.imgur.com/DcuD4I5.png

PoW moves to teh end.

Faucet is charged with 1000 BC. Enjoy free coins Wink
Looks like there will be only about 75 million BC at the end of POW.  This coin will be even rarer than originally predicted.

No, with POS being active from block 5,000 it's adding to the block count

The block you see is POS & POW combined realistically we're probably only at block 7,000 POW

Here is the source code:

Code:
static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 10000;

if (IsProofOfWork() && nHeight > LAST_POW_BLOCK)
        return DoS(100, error("AcceptBlock() : reject proof-of-work at height %d", nHeight))

So NO, you are incorrect. POW will stop when nHeight is over 10000.  nHeight is now currently 9600.  So only 400 more blocks then no more POW.
At the current rate this will take less than 4 more hours.

About half of the blocks since POS started were POS blocks and each POS block removed a potential 10000 from the money supply.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
VERSION 1.0.2 is OUT (see op post)

Just talked to the dev, after block 10.000 PoW mining will stop.
Supply will be less then 100.000.000!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I feel like at least a few people have already asked and answered this question in the past few dozen pages, but this is something I'd really like to figure out:

With an annual stake interest of 1%, if I start out the year with 1000 BC, will I have 1010 BC by the end of the year?
No its compounded, so you get interest on your interest so to speak, google compound interest.
Take it as 1% with a bonus if you like.
Activity: 126
Looks like there will be only about 75 million BC at the end of POW.  This coin will be even rarer than originally predicted.

The block you see is POS & POW combined realistically we're probably only at block 7,000 POW

getinfo in my wallet shows this

Code:
"moneysupply" : 72421014.82434979,

which would support that, maybe I have time to get to 20k BC after all.  Depending on what's really going to happen when we hit block # 10000
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I feel like at least a few people have already asked and answered this question in the past few dozen pages, but this is something I'd really like to figure out:

With an annual stake interest of 1%, if I start out the year with 1000 BC, will I have 1010 BC by the end of the year?
Activity: 210
Looks like there will be only about 75 million BC at the end of POW.  This coin will be even rarer than originally predicted.

Activity: 266
Its still encrypted, could that be a problem?  

No. Unlock your wallet for minting PoS. This is not un-encrypting.
Activity: 36
Merit: 20
Its still encrypted, could that be a problem?  
Activity: 247
If its needed i can/will make a new website for blackcoin. Interest?

Would be a good idea to have a nicer design but the last guy who made a new layout got ignored, so I wouldn't even bother tbh.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
I have over 6k coins in my wallet, and its unlocked, but I'm still not POS mining.  Am I doing something wrong?

I have my own share of badluck, it was just 10 minutes ago I started POS mining..after 24 hours ;(
The network is solving over 100 blocks per hour right now.  Block 10000 will be done in less than 5 hours if this keeps up!
Activity: 266
I have over 6k coins in my wallet, and its unlocked, but I'm still not POS mining.  Am I doing something wrong?

Yes son, I am sorry to inform you ... you have the bad luck. Sad

You're fine. My first PoS block didn't happen for an entire day. Randomness is a factor. Don't sweat it, the individual amounts are very small. Over time you'll get what anybody else is getting, relative to the size of your stake.
Activity: 100

Yes son, I am sorry to inform you ... you have the bad luck. Sad
Activity: 84
10 BC understated course, you can do as one wishes with 1300 decreased rate in 1000
you have such a good monete and as quickly and cheaply it survive
Activity: 36
Merit: 20
Jump to: