Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1581. (Read 2509925 times)

Activity: 327
Merit: 197
Two-way squared
Soepkip|MB:  rat4 just has to say 'hi' in the btctalk topic
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
How can i unstake my coins?

set a reserve amount using console tab in debug.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
How can i unstake my coins?
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
dump is on kiddos, 1100 and falling. Dont catch a falling knife, told you within the hour, mintpal would be dumped on. Just had to wait for everyone to move over from CR....

wow 900 and falling faster, that took all of 30 seconds.

It went as slow as 888.....

yes i know , I did buy some at 888 sat  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 140
everytime i try to unlock it says Error parsing JSON:him

any ideas

Do you have spaces in your wallet passphrase?  If so, use quotes around it in the unlock command.

ie.  walletpassphrase "insert passphrase here, with quotes" 9999999 true

The 9999999 can be any number, and is in seconds.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Activity: 180
Confirmed for http://bc.scryptominers.com stealing your coins. Mined all night and received 0 coins but the stratums are up and accepting shares. This looks like a cut and run.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
My experiences mining this and other coins.

I have had mixed experiences mining with the various pools on this and other coins. This coin has suffered from quite a lot of DDOS attacks on the major pools which has been annoying. In fact it had become so irritating that I decided to go the P2Pool route instead. Again that proved a bit hit and miss with poor up time on various nodes and quite high latency at times.

I finally concluded that the best approach for me was to create my own personal P2Pool node - and wow has that made a difference. Payouts have been good, mining has been completely uninterrupted and by manually setting the diff for my miners I am making maximum use of their capacity.

My conclusion now is that for any new coin, even for first hour mining, I will simply setup and use my own P2Pool node and mine against that with my various miners.

I won't get in to the actual nuts and bolts on how to do it in this post, but here are a few tips I have picked up.

1. I subscribed to AWS and use their free tier virtual server to run my P2Pool node(s). Zero cost, quite low latency and excellent uptime.
2. I use Ubuntu ( any version will work).
3. To get it to work just download and compile the daemon version of the coin wallet you are mining
4. I used the detailed instructions available on setting up P2Pool for Dogecoin (lots of Google links) and just modified it for blackcoin.
5. One slightly technical tip - i did need to download the miniunpnp application to get the wallet to compile.

Hope this is of interest. Just to show you that you can escape reliance on pools and their frees with just a minimal amount of effort

yeah but how much hash power do you have?

Very modest hash power. Just 2 mh/s  - and even at that amount I find P2Pool works ok. But like many posts say, it does take about 24 hours for payouts to ramp up to full amount. It does not reward pool hopping - but then if you have your own node, why would you need to hop anywhere.

So you are basically solo mining through a local p2pool, right?  What is the advantage over just solo mining?

No not exactly. I am the only person connected to my P2Pool node but I am contributing the overall P2Pool hash rate for the coin. All the nodes combine together to form the overall pool. You can connect to any node in the pool and continue to receive your payouts.

The reason I start first hour mining in a P2Pool node is one of laziness really. In that first hour the overall pool hash rate might consist of just myself a few other miners - so in that sense  the rewards are similar to solo mining. However the difficulty quickly increases with new coins and my 2 mh/s would soon stop making enough coins to be profitable. But because I am already in a distributed pool the combined hash rate quickly increases as more P2Pool nodes join and more miners join those nodes. My rewards decrease of course but in a more gradual way without having the change pool and with no interruption to mining.
Can you link what DOGE guide you used?

http://doges.org/index.php?topic=5586.0
Activity: 126

I have had mixed experiences mining with the various pools on this and other coins. This coin has suffered from quite a lot of DDOS attacks on the major pools which has been annoying. In fact it had become so irritating that I decided to go the P2Pool route instead. Again that proved a bit hit and miss with poor up time on various nodes and quite high latency at times.

I finally concluded that the best approach for me was to create my own personal P2Pool node - and wow has that made a difference. Payouts have been good, mining has been completely uninterrupted and by manually setting the diff for my miners I am making maximum use of their capacity.

My conclusion now is that for any new coin, even for first hour mining, I will simply setup and use my own P2Pool node and mine against that with my various miners.

I won't get in to the actual nuts and bolts on how to do it in this post, but here are a few tips I have picked up.

1. I subscribed to AWS and use their free tier virtual server to run my P2Pool node(s). Zero cost, quite low latency and excellent uptime.
3. To get it to work just download and compile the daemon version of the coin wallet you are mining
4. I used the detailed instructions available on setting up P2Pool for Dogecoin (lots of Google links) and just modified it for blackcoin.
5. One slightly technical tip - i did need to download the miniunpnp application to get the wallet to compile.

Hope this is of interest. Just to show you that you can escape reliance on pools and their frees with just a minimal amount of effort

Very modest hash power. Just 2 mh/s  - and even at that amount I find P2Pool works ok. But like many posts say, it does take about 24 hours for payouts to ramp up to full amount. It does not reward pool hopping - but then if you have your own node, why would you need to hop anywhere.

So you are basically solo mining through a local p2pool, right?  What is the advantage over just solo mining?

No not exactly. I am the only person connected to my P2Pool node but I am contributing the overall P2Pool hash rate for the coin. All the nodes combine together to form the overall pool. You can connect to any node in the pool and continue to receive your payouts.

The reason I start first hour mining in a P2Pool node is one of laziness really. In that first hour the overall pool hash rate might consist of just myself a few other miners - so in that sense  the rewards are similar to solo mining. However the difficulty quickly increases with new coins and my 2 mh/s would soon stop making enough coins to be profitable. But because I am already in a distributed pool the combined hash rate quickly increases as more P2Pool nodes join and more miners join those nodes. My rewards decrease of course but in a more gradual way without having the change pool and with no interruption to mining.

Thanks for writing that all out.  I'll have to test setting this up on another coin when there's no time crunch to see how it works first hand.
Activity: 160

So you are basically solo mining through a local p2pool, right?  What is the advantage over just solo mining?

Can you link what DOGE guide you used?
Activity: 84
Ignore the haters people. BC is no bs. Honest devs and team of people that seems to genuinely care. My hat off to them.  Smiley
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 93
Just bought in @888.

Thanks everybody!

You bought 0.03BTC? Lmao. That's nothing.

lol, now comes the dead cat bounce, if you want to hand that bag off, now would be the time.

How much are planning on buying once BC hits your target low?  I mean that's the only reason why anyone would still be on here pissing on this coin rather than moving onto the next one. 

i find this fun! There are always two sides to every coin right? Had you listened to me or countless others @ 2500....and 2000...and 1500...you would have made a good profit PLUS be able to buy back in @ 25%-50% cheaper price, thus preserving your profit.

So you tell me who actually would have benefited here, you or the "trolls" that would have made you money.

or, you know, no one in their right mind would buy the coin anyway, so you would just be delaying the inevitable. If you also dont see the irony in the current bagholders holding this coin up, but really just praying for someone to come along and take their bag. Quite pathetic really. Free market would be people dumping to 1 constantly and letting the coin be distributed widely to buyers, then let the price rise naturally.

Activity: 322
Merit: 101
What happend to BC.scryptominers?
Did they just leave?

Pretty sure they owe me coins!

Yea, I justed noticed all of their pools are down. I sure hope they haven't skipped town with my $0.50 worth of BC that I should have with them Cheesy

p2pool is up - as always Smiley

http://freebtc.eu:8336/static/
Did they just leave?

Yea, I justed noticed all of their pools are down. I sure hope they haven't skipped town with my $0.50 worth of BC that I should have with them Cheesy

They are just taking your coins and dumping them while you slave away. I have no proof, but like everyone else here I like saying whatever shit comes to mind.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Did they just leave?

Activity: 476
Community Bounty Drive UPDATE

More donations in, total now 27632.

Bounty update

All Bounty's updated & now filled. Updated the translation bounty's to 400 BC

First Bounty has been payed!

Translations:

Translate the OP Post, including posting it in the subsequent BitcoinTalk forum:

Chinese translation - 400 BC
Spanish translation - 400 BC
French translation - 400 BC - Aknoth
Dutch translation - 400 BC
Polish translation - 400 BC
Russian translation

Community Services:

Dedicated BlackCoin Forum - 2000 BC
Reddit Tip Bot - 1500 BC

Graphics:

BlackCoin Accepted Here buttons & Designs for 'Download Client' Buttons - 500 BC
Professional grade YouTube video - 750 BC
[Seperate] Reddit Top Banner Design - http://www.reddit.com/r/bccoin/comments/1yvq0p/contest_best_banner_for_this_subreddit_gets_500/

All graphics must be based on the logo in the op post. Allthough i love the community suggestions I will not change the logo if the dev does not approve it first!

Games:

First Dice site - 6000 BC
First Gambling Site - 6000 BC

Merchants:

First Merchant - 3500 BC
Second Merchant - 1500 BC

Other:

A detailed guide (including screenshots) on how to unlock your wallet and receive PoS. - 500 BC
This will be used for the website!

Bounty's set: 23850 BC
Bounty's paid: 400 BC
Left: 3381.99 BC

Donations can go here:
BAsdtYwvu3a1ErmY7GxWM5squAJnwBJM1c

Let's keep this ball rolling people!
Activity: 196
Did they just leave?

If half the network is not staking does it make it more likely for me to stake, like difficulty in regular mining? Can I earn more that way?

Yes.
Jump to: