Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 1585. (Read 2509925 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have updated the FAQ section at our website:

http://www.blackcoin.co/faq/

Please take a look if you have questions regarding PoS.

Community Bounty Drive UPDATE

Total now 7566.

Donations can go here:
BAsdtYwvu3a1ErmY7GxWM5squAJnwBJM1c

Please donate more so we can get some game sites off the ground!

Donated 5000.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
I admire the work you do Soepkip! Well done.

Edit; please don't quote the haters.
Activity: 127
Why do we have too many people spreading FUD about this coin?

Talk where your mouth is and sell if you really think this coin is bad.

At least this coin has NO PREMINE and look what we achieved with this community in just a couple of days!

Its not FUD, I have told you to fricken hedge if you think this coin has a change to rebound bigger and better then ever! Not that hard, had you sold some @ 2000 guess what? you could have bought back in 30% cheaper at this point. Going "all in" on your BC bet only makes you a fool as does doing so with any coin, BTC not withstanding.

I sold @ 3099, so i dont really care what happens from here on out. But putting all your faith into a coin and just watching the ticker and hoping it goes one direction is both naive and idiotic.

Hedging = minimized loses/maximized gains. Trying to buy all in @ one price and sell at the absolute max = bagholders.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I have updated the FAQ section at our website:

http://www.blackcoin.co/faq/

Please take a look if you have questions regarding PoS.

Community Bounty Drive UPDATE

Total now 7566.

Donations can go here:
BAsdtYwvu3a1ErmY7GxWM5squAJnwBJM1c

Please donate more so we can get some game sites off the ground!
Why do we have too many people spreading FUD about this coin?

Talk where your mouth is and sell if you really think this coin is bad.

At least this coin has NO PREMINE and look what we achieved with this community in just a couple of days!
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Please no doom and gloom about this coin failing, i invested what little i had with the hope to make something alittle better then what i had before....
Is it just me, or does BC show some signs of being manipulated atm.... been watching buy and sell orders for about 20 min, and it almost appears that someone is pushing the price down pretty hard.....

It's clearly the price is being manipulated.
Yeah, any market this small only requires maybe a couple thousand $ worth to be a "whale".

right, anyone can easily pump the coin back to 2000+ with 4-5 BTCs.

...or dump 4-5 btc down to 1200 and lower...ignore the fake buy wall (5.5 btc, lol)on mintpal and 4-5 btc will dump down to 1000 sat and lower. Hell, 4-5 btc on CR will put it at 0 lol
Is it just me, or does BC show some signs of being manipulated atm.... been watching buy and sell orders for about 20 min, and it almost appears that someone is pushing the price down pretty hard.....

Yeah, any market this small only requires maybe a couple thousand $ worth to be a "whale".

right, anyone can easily pump the coin back to 2000+ with 4-5 BTCs.

Its a mere demand/supply. Im sure there are buyers trying to push it back up as well, mintpal has shown that with all of the buy walls that pop up then have to bail when they get sold into. There are wayyyyyy to many BC out there compared to demand for it. CR is a much better indication of buying premise then mintpal.

also notice all the .0xx/.00xxx btc buys, just sellers trying to start a race that no one is joining with them.

1500 is the new line now. 2000 is now long gone.
Activity: 160

Still possible to mine this?  Addnodes anyone?

First post

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
what'up with bc.scryptominers.com are they vanish?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Still possible to mine this?  Addnodes anyone?
Activity: 131
What is wrong to "http://bc.scryptominers.com/" ?

the website's down now but mining is running normally
Activity: 146
I still cant tell if proof of stake is working or not. I do not have a terribly huge amount of coins. The only thing I can seem to find is errors that say there was a duplicate proof of stake or that it failed on the proof of stake.

IE:

ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: check kernel failed on coinstake 579b01ed6a8b44865af03f2329d84b851701468ec9ecfac8b8cdc73ea08424f2, hashProof=23dda075004ed2dfecfcf3000281757d8d35674bf03984ef9e14c6cfb9cbeb23
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 79dcfbd8038d2edbd26d37b3ae8a36f2c3120550a1ef52a7acbc1b6be8491169

or

ERROR: ProcessBlock() : duplicate proof-of-stake (COutPoint(e9753f1340, 1), 1393558452) for block e9990031b864e5074937f7d2ae3eeb2371e9ded15e63e4c44ec12a04b469022c

I can't tell if this is normal processing for PoS or if there is something wrong with the compile of the wallet.
Any clarification would be much appreciated.

did you search for "ThreadStakeMinter" ?
there should be a line in the debug.log which you appear to have open that says
Code:
ThreadStakeMinter started

yes, I'm looking more for an explanation of the errors. The duplicate I understand, but the kernal fail seems a little more serious. Considering outside of the stakminterstarted and these continuous errors there is no other mention to proof of stake in the debug log I'm wondering despite the stake minter running if there is an issue with the wallet compile.

i think it's ok.  it's flagged as an INFO type error which should be normal.  Searching kernel.cpp I found this:

Code:
return tx.DoS(1, error("CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: check kernel failed on coinstake %s, hashProof=%s", tx.GetHash().ToString().c_str(), 
hashProofOfStake.ToString().c_str())); // may occur during initial download or if behind on block chain sync

ok that answers that. thanks
Activity: 126
I still cant tell if proof of stake is working or not. I do not have a terribly huge amount of coins. The only thing I can seem to find is errors that say there was a duplicate proof of stake or that it failed on the proof of stake.

IE:

ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: check kernel failed on coinstake 579b01ed6a8b44865af03f2329d84b851701468ec9ecfac8b8cdc73ea08424f2, hashProof=23dda075004ed2dfecfcf3000281757d8d35674bf03984ef9e14c6cfb9cbeb23
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 79dcfbd8038d2edbd26d37b3ae8a36f2c3120550a1ef52a7acbc1b6be8491169

or

ERROR: ProcessBlock() : duplicate proof-of-stake (COutPoint(e9753f1340, 1), 1393558452) for block e9990031b864e5074937f7d2ae3eeb2371e9ded15e63e4c44ec12a04b469022c

I can't tell if this is normal processing for PoS or if there is something wrong with the compile of the wallet.
Any clarification would be much appreciated.

did you search for "ThreadStakeMinter" ?
there should be a line in the debug.log which you appear to have open that says
Code:
ThreadStakeMinter started

yes, I'm looking more for an explanation of the errors. The duplicate I understand, but the kernal fail seems a little more serious. Considering outside of the stakminterstarted and these continuous errors there is no other mention to proof of stake in the debug log I'm wondering despite the stake minter running if there is an issue with the wallet compile.

i think it's ok.  it's flagged as an INFO type error which should be normal.  Searching kernel.cpp I found this:

Code:
return tx.DoS(1, error("CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: check kernel failed on coinstake %s, hashProof=%s", tx.GetHash().ToString().c_str(), 
hashProofOfStake.ToString().c_str())); // may occur during initial download or if behind on block chain sync
Until so far the bear trap aka the noob trap.

Now everyone get on board of the spaceship. We'll have be flying in a straight line to the moon and beyond! No need to worry about gravitation or anything, because we just got some new funds.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Anyone know if it's possible to use a Windows shortcut parameter to unlock the wallet when it's opened, without needing to input the unlock command in the debug windows?

Yeah you can, but you'd then have your passphrase in plaintext, in an easy place for prying eyes to see.
Jump to: