Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 308. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
brammien, we only control our own funds. We cannot possibly exert control over millions of dollars. It is a decentralized currency. we are an investment group. We control our funds which we are currently using to help everyone as much as possible. You have caused us to rethink the use of the term foundation because it is clearly causing a lot of issues. We are an investment group. That is all. I think some people have been led astray as to what we can and cannot do.

Okay, so if you are an investment group, then will the investment group be tweeting, facebook, social media under the official blackcoin, or under another name? If your just an investment group, then that's fine, but should not be overlapping of the official pages, with investment groups pages. Like we as investment group support or don't support something is okay, but we as blackcoin foundation don't is then shown as official.

I'm okay personally with investment group, but not under official title representing the coin. If this group does well and helps coin, great. If not, then it's only investment group and not under tile of anything else. I just believe there should not be conflicting interest. I'd hope Soekip is NOT part of this group, since he's now representing the coin as figurehead. That would be huge conflict of interest.

Activity: 168
Lets just all step back a minute.

I have a few questions regarding both the Foundation and the PR firm since it is relevant to this discussion.

Can the following questions be answered without personal attacks and FUD?

1. Why does a decentralized currency need a centralized Foundation in the first place?
2. What is the mission of the Foundation?
3. What  promotional plans does the Foundation/Dev team have in place for the next several weeks until the PR firm can supply a plan?
4. Once the PR firm does supply a plan, where will the additional funding come from to execute the plan?
5. Since the community is paying for half of the PR Firm, why not let the community select their own PR firm? There are thousands of PR firm across the planet.

I do not think the community quite understands that the $30,000 the PR firm is being paid is just to offer plans and advice. It will cost an additional $70,000 - $250,000+ to put whatever plan into motion.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
mrwalker, blkroad.com? I do not know if its operational and have never used it so please do your own research as to its legitimacy.
Activity: 194
Question...

Is there a place, a market place of sorts, that I could sell some Jordans for Blackcoin? If so could someone point me in the right direction? Thank you Blackcoin Community

check out http://www.blkroad.com/
Activity: 108
Question...

Is there a place, a market place of sorts, that I could sell some Jordans for Blackcoin? If so could someone point me in the right direction? Thank you Blackcoin Community
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
Udjin I would also like to know how o do that. Make a post about it on reddit (not trying to push the community but if he wants help on reddit he should ask there).

just found this

http://www.reddit.com/gold/about
New comment highlighting.
What's new? Highlight which comments are new since the last time you viewed a thread.

https://ssl.reddit.com/gold?goldtype=autorenew&source=about
$3.99 / month
$29.99 / year (which works out to just $2.50 / month!)

So they want me to pay $4 per month for this basic feature???
FUCK THEM!
Activity: 295
Merit: 250

The exchange is unknown for most people yet but it's growing fast!

And we have new stuff every week.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
seems most people have already moved to /r/blackcoin or blackcointalk.com

All I see are walls of text being reposted

yeah... as stated, seems the intelligent conversation has moved on to where their posts are not lost in walls of text.

Blackcoin is to big for a single thread.
Udjin I would also like to know how o do that. Make a post about it on reddit (not trying to push the community but if he wants help on reddit he should ask there).
legendary
Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040
IMPORTANT
Any Chinese speakers here willing to help us get listed on BTC38? I've tried to contact them before but I don't think they're replying to messages in English, as several other people have had the same problem. If you're willing to give it a shot, please go to http://btc38.com/trade_en.html and and try to contact them through QQ or by opening a support ticket. They also have a forum over at http://www.coin38.org/ where you can ask them directly. Please help if you can as this would give us a nice boost in volume and some great publicity as the KNC Titan competition is about to start.

Hey, that's actually quite a good idea in creating liquidity for blackcoin, i have to be honest that china is not the best market I'd love our coin to be in, nevertheless,

a good idea is to gauge your suggestion with other community members on reddit and blackcointalk

here
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

and

here
http://blackcointalk.com/index.php

More people that would discuss about it and know about the effort will help with brainstorming Smiley

Cheers bro!

I really tried to start reading both reddit and blackcointalk. And I still try but I must be too dumb for this.
I don't get it how to read only new comments on reddit. I don't get it how the hell forum is organized.

The only thing reddit seems good for me - up/downvote and that's all.
The only thing blackcointalk seems good for me - development discussions.

I personally prefer to have "all in one" like twitter or facebook feed.
And that's why I prefer this thread over the sites you mentioned.

Just my 2 BLK

It took me a bit to figure out how to read new stuff too, but just click the 'new' tab at the top of the page and it'll switch the view.

Yes, I tried that too but it gives you only "new topics" and not "new comments" I believe. Say there are "PR Firm Transparency and PLEASE LIST YOUR IDEAS!" topic  Wink and 60 comments in it. And 5 of them are new (I know this thanks to RES ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Enhancement )). I want to read this 5 only. How can I find them? (sorry if that's too dumb question but I really don't get it)
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
Brammien, marketing is not in our hands. It is in yours, everyday!! Please help us! Generate interest, donate money, give people something to donate too, devise plans, come up with strategies. You are your own foundation!

Huh? How am I the foundation, when I'm not on the foundation? I don't even know who's in the foundation?  Huh

Why dont you start a foundation..?

Don't think we need one, and it's bad idea. Think hard about this guys, you can't ever undo a foundation. It just won't happen. The only way is imploding and it failing to end the foundation, and that will be horrible for the coin. So if you want the current people to run this coin until they resign, or fail, then support the idea of the foundation. If not, you'll never be able to hold anyone accountable for poor decisions or your investments will be at the mercy of the foundation. This is the concern, and I feel like only few here get this.

It's not everyday a bunch of young men get a chance to be in charge of millions of dollars without a vote, or any sort of interview process.

bramien are you even thinking of what your writing?

"you'll never be able to hold anyone accountable for poor decisions or your investments will be at the mercy of the foundation"

your investment is at the mercy of everyone bramien not a group of people. If everyone decides to sell there wont be a foundation let alone an investment. If you guys keep it up nobody will have any value to the investment.  There are ways to voice your concerns but attack after attack is like not good. Im not for or against anything let me make it clear. Your comment can also apply to IE and his projects what happens if in wallst or the usb cards people hate it.  We wil have fud too and who are you going to hold accountable IE.  Let things run, let people work if something bad happens we will address it as a community but please dont jump the gun..  

Thanks

Activity: 182
You guys should be talking in a big BlackcoinTalk forum post...

how about no
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
You guys should be talking in a big BlackcoinTalk forum post...
brammien, we only control our own funds. We cannot possibly exert control over millions of dollars. It is a decentralized currency. we are an investment group. We control our funds which we are currently using to help everyone as much as possible. You have caused us to rethink the use of the term foundation because it is clearly causing a lot of issues. We are an investment group. That is all. I think some people have been led astray as to what we can and cannot do.
Brammien, marketing is not in our hands. It is in yours, everyday!! Please help us! Generate interest, donate money, give people something to donate too, devise plans, come up with strategies. You are your own foundation!

Huh? How am I the foundation, when I'm not on the foundation? I don't even know who's in the foundation?  Huh

Don't think we need one, and it's bad idea. Think hard about this guys, you can't ever undo a foundation. It just won't happen. The only way is imploding and it failing to end the foundation, and that will be horrible for the coin. So if you want the current people to run this coin until they resign, or fail, then support the idea of the foundation. If not, you'll never be able to hold anyone accountable for poor decisions or your investments will be at the mercy of the foundation. This is the concern, and I feel like only few here get this.

It's not everyday a bunch of young men get a chance to be in charge of millions of dollars without a vote, or any sort of interview process.
Activity: 126
IMPORTANT
Any Chinese speakers here willing to help us get listed on BTC38? I've tried to contact them before but I don't think they're replying to messages in English, as several other people have had the same problem. If you're willing to give it a shot, please go to http://btc38.com/trade_en.html and and try to contact them through QQ or by opening a support ticket. They also have a forum over at http://www.coin38.org/ where you can ask them directly. Please help if you can as this would give us a nice boost in volume and some great publicity as the KNC Titan competition is about to start.

Hey, that's actually quite a good idea in creating liquidity for blackcoin, i have to be honest that china is not the best market I'd love our coin to be in, nevertheless,

a good idea is to gauge your suggestion with other community members on reddit and blackcointalk

here
http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/

and

here
http://blackcointalk.com/index.php

More people that would discuss about it and know about the effort will help with brainstorming Smiley

Cheers bro!

I really tried to start reading both reddit and blackcointalk. And I still try but I must be too dumb for this.
I don't get it how to read only new comments on reddit. I don't get it how the hell forum is organized.

The only thing reddit seems good for me - up/downvote and that's all.
The only thing blackcointalk seems good for me - development discussions.

I personally prefer to have "all in one" like twitter or facebook feed.
And that's why I prefer this thread over the sites you mentioned.

Just my 2 BLK

It took me a bit to figure out how to read new stuff too, but just click the 'new' tab at the top of the page and it'll switch the view.
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

IMPORTANT
Any Chinese speakers here willing to help us get listed on BTC38? I've tried to contact them before but I don't think they're replying to messages in English, as several other people have had the same problem. If you're willing to give it a shot, please go to http://btc38.com/trade_en.html and try to contact them through QQ or by opening a support ticket. They also have a forum over at http://www.coin38.org/ where you can ask them directly. Please help if you can as this would give us a nice boost in volume and some great publicity as the KNC Titan competition is about to start.

I Don't think BC needs the pump and dump brigade

Yes agreed, let's not push to get on there, it's they don't use cryptos and it's pure speculation in china. China has the money, but likely will be one of the last places cryptos will be adopted. I'd steer clear of that as long as we can.

Transparency, The Foundation, Business, and Life in general.

The thread definitely seems to be shifting out the abusive smackdown phase and into the phase of the long-and-thoughtful post. All give praise, to the evolving collective consciousness that is Blackcoin. More humor, a lighter and more respectful tone, diminished 'ego', more focus on substance. I truly hope this thread is never shut down as it is an incredibly rich document of the new and largely uncharted social and monetary experiment called crypto.

As succinctly as I can, here are a few thoughts to consider on the questions of transparency, Foundation, insider ops, and running Blackcoin in a healthy, fair, and effective manner:

Absolute transparency on all fronts and at all times: not realistic, nor even possible. Furthermore, beyond certain limits it is not desirable. Closed-doors are to some extent a 'necessary evil'. They are inevitable, and with all their obvious dangers can nonetheless benefit the currency and its investors AS A GROUP. The negative aspects and risks can also be mitigated considerably through proper management and oversight. How well that goes will, yes, depend somewhat on the ethical standards of certain individuals, as well as on the general level of cooperation and orderliness within community as a whole. You need to consider end results, as compared with those of an 'absolute' democracy, with 'absolute' transparency (scare quotes here because these are only possible hypothetically).

Anyone with experience in the corporate world knows that there are things that stay protected within upper management, at least for a time, and for good reason. Planned innovations and other initiatives can be destroyed, lose all their power, be stolen, copied, even turned against one if released prematurely in the name of transparency. YES, the same closed door does create possibilities of abuse. It happens when individuals involved are of low character and sufficient mechanisms are not in place to stop them.

And please, let's not hear the childish refrain that "this is not corporate, this is not a business, this is decentralized!" Some of the same people who objected to my corporate analogies in the past are now making free use of them. Crypto is different from business in the traditional sense, but it also has a great deal in common with it, and every effective plan that been executed for the benefit of Blackcoin to date has been successful due to the business acumen and business-efficacy of the person/people responsible. The analogy largely holds, and we are too early in crypto's evolution to fully grasp where the analogy breaks down and fundamentally different thinking is required. This is largely uncharted territory, and we are the vanguard. We are the first settlers.

Coming back to the Foundation specifically, I strongly approve of its existence and its demonstrated level of conduct and efficacy thus far. I applaud its stated purpose, and its promise as an instrument for good. It's still evolving, and I recommend giving it a chance to do so. That said, if it does not have one already, it should have a charter and by-laws. That should be in written form and available to everyone. And it should be drafted in full view of the community, with all its inputs taken into account. The possibility of an elected oversight committee could also be considered. But these things all take time. Let's allow for that, and in the meantime not hobble ourselves from present action by demanding perfection by 6pm tonight.

Hi thank you for your deep and thoughtful insight. The very nature of crypto is to be decentralized and give "power" to the many. That is why it was created in the first place. If we start going down the path of centralization, then what is the point of crypto? We might as well just use FIAT. Now I agree we must follow some practices used by Corporations, but closed doors is not one. Transparency is key, realistic, and practical in this environment of mistrust and skepticism. If someone wants to steal or copy an idea then so be it, let them. Anytime you have a few speaking for the many, especially when there are millions at stake, it will always lead to disaster. This has been tried before and failed miserably. As soon as BC starts to reach $1.00 and greed kicks in, people true colors will quickly emerge. If friends & family have become bitter enemies over money, what do you think will happen with strangers who have only known each other a few months? Greed, ego, or thirst for "power" will not be a factoer if everything is decentralized. However, any Foundation with multiple people "running" it will inevitably collapse on itself. The major issue with that is by the time the "Foundation" implodes it would have been established as the central core of the community. If it collapses everything around it will collapse. That is why it is key not to give too much control to one entity. Very good example of that is the US government. We have different branches of government for a reason. There has to be checks and balances to prevent absolute control or absolute collapse.

This question is directly for anyone, which we don't know who they are yet, but some we do, that is on or going to be on the foundation. Why not lets just let this issue rest for 3 months. I think as a community we can all agree that BC has been doing well without a foundation. That doesn't me stop doing PR fundraising, but not under a foundation name. I've never been against any ideas like this, let try them all.

Soekip, and others, can you see the wisdom in putting off the foundation for now. Let revisit this idea in 3 months if people still want this. I think for now we should just continue as we are, we are only 2 months old, and by time 3 more months roll around, it won't even be 6 months old.

I think this is a valid compromise for all here. Can you guys address my question here about putting off the idea of the foundation now for 3 months. I think that's fair.
Jump to: