Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 38. (Read 2509934 times)

STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Theres no need to be rude.   Im sure like everybody theres commitments in other directions, thats life nobody can guarantee they'll always have time on this exclusively.  I'd rather people be positive on the standing contributions in time and effort, we all appreciate that.   We're lucky we got a wealth of talent able to keep adding, thats a real strength in Blackcoins favour Smiley

Bitcoin has broken a downtrend since its ATH.  Thats big news in its influence overall for crypto, Blackcoin is doing battle with the .000039 area roughly but its also outside its previous downtrend so I see action now as establishing itself beyond that now

this coin. I remember it was a huge thing in 2014. it kinda lost the limelight

All activity has moved to twitter and gitter. (https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub)

Blackcoin is an established coin, I see tons of discussion on gitter including how influential BLK has been in Proof of Stake.  In 2018 we may see some of the largest crypto economies switch over to the Proof of Stake standard rather then Proof of Work.   Theres very good reasons why this will keep happening, it'll likely bring alot of attention to the established POS coins like BLK
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
 The black coin, like a child, is not yet mature, and is abandoned by his alcoholic father(RAT4).  Smiley Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
I've also been in BLK since the very first day and recent events feel appropriately timed.

From first hand experience helping where I can, Janko has pretty much single handedly pushed development work on for BLK for over 2 years. I would have no qualms whatsoever if he took the lead in its future.

If rat4/Dolittle's vision differs from Janko then we just need some clarification and input with a view to coming up with something everyone agrees with. If he remains quiet, he might have to build his dream himself without current support.

Maybe we should give rat4 a deadline to have explained what he meant so we're not hanging on for yet another year before major changes?

We tried to speak to him about this a year ago. We stopped getting responses, we know he is getting them as he selectively responds, we are talking about when this should all take place now. It was only when Janko brought up that he will be forking Blackcoin for new updates that he came back.

Rereading what he said, I think he is done with development on the original wallet.

Regardless if rat4 adds to the project or not, Blackcoin was always a community driven project. We had a lot of people come from the outside and push development. So if the community has ideas they like they should just make everyone aware and keep pushing the tech forward. I'm sure rat4 would agree here. You know you can use BlackHalo to vote when you stake your coins. I mean, there is a lot of things that can be done even without forking. A lot of things that could be coded as long as there is people who are willing to take the time and do it.
Activity: 145
Merit: 132

All activity has moved to twitter and gitter. (https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub)
Activity: 317
Merit: 12
STT
legendary
I swear I updated but then I misplaced where I put the files (I needed space to install a big game), where do the Lore files directory go by default.    Its not user/roaming etc I presume

I remember being able to specify where I wanted the files put as part of the install.    I'll shuffle it round using command line switch, but I thought it was also under options.   Some of the machines I use  are really slow or old with small drives, thats why as its just spare stuff.  I reckon Im the ideal 'test dummy' for the general population  Tongue  
[I found the dir, it has 'remembered' where I originally specified I guess. ]

I voted.

Just a guess on a possibility that BLK can act more positively
Blackoin - Lore(Matilda)

Donate for further development:
BAvuYBULaxGiRERsXH1ivNgXw7RobntLQm

Lore is HD - masterkey can be imported to old walet, payblk, coinomi..
Don't use importwallet to import your wallet! Send it to Lore's wallet

fixed copyright, removed line
    cpu normal in windows
    added forgotten mac gui wallet
    readme updated
    testnet is working again
    stake cache added
    balance fixed in rpc
    unlock wallet for staking on rpc walletpassphrase
    moved conflicting tx dialog to option -respendnotify

Thanks to growing team of volunteers Wink
BLK reward has been sent to every committer who took part!

Ask in Gitter, where and how you can help!

This wallet is based on bitcoin core 0.14
https://github.com/janko33bd/bitcoin/releases/tag/v2.12.1.0-5df3672
Activity: 205
Merit: 114
Joshua J. Bouw
Congrats on joining the Nuggets team Joshua. I got an e-mail today and already thought I recognized that guy lol.

Thank you! Verifiable ID is something that I have always been interested in as I know people that have been victims of ID fraud. I also had my Neopets account social engineered away from me when I was 12 years old and support did nothing to help get my account back. I have been bitter ever since. This is a solid attempt to circumvent this.

Fun fact: In most futurism TV shows on Netflix, Black Mirror also the new Altered Carbon, all of the signing in and other things are all done with biometrics. It is amazing that nobody else is harnessing the obvious future.
No one even speaks!

We all moved to gitter and telegram..
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
 No one even speaks!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
I've bought more BLK and a couple of other good crypto project coins for cheap too! Definitely HODLing Blackcoin and Gulden despite of the current bear market due to the necessary regulations being implemented on cryptocurrencies/exchanges and whatnot.
Activity: 187
Merit: 102
Meanwhile great day to have stocked up on more BLK  Wink
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Theres also Blackhalo which can stake and a ton of features including security, multiple keys and all sorts.   Spoilt for choice tbh  Blackhalo.info

There has been a few forks already in Blackcoin and everything went as smooth as planned. A fork doesn't mean that there are gonna be more than one Blackcoin, the fork is intended to implement new functionalities on the coin and bring the possibility to keep development going. THE FORK IS NEEDED and must happen.
I get what he is saying, theres soft fork and hard fork.   The most positive is not to split the user base any because that might do more harm then good possibly.    If theres positives and advancement in the fork then fair enough, naturally people are apprehensive about division though

Blackcoin already had hard forks and everything went fine with no user base split. A user base split is not something that can happen if exchanges, top wallets, and the community support the same chain. Everything is being done publicly and under the maximum consensus possible, this is not gonna be a fork where two factions fight to get more support.
STT
legendary
Theres also Blackhalo which can stake and a ton of features including security, multiple keys and all sorts.   Spoilt for choice tbh  Blackhalo.info

There has been a few forks already in Blackcoin and everything went as smooth as planned. A fork doesn't mean that there are gonna be more than one Blackcoin, the fork is intended to implement new functionalities on the coin and bring the possibility to keep development going. THE FORK IS NEEDED and must happen.
I get what he is saying, theres soft fork and hard fork.   The most positive is not to split the user base any because that might do more harm then good possibly.    If theres positives and advancement in the fork then fair enough, naturally people are apprehensive about division though
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
i am excited to join the BLK community, the project is awesome and really undervalued compared to a lot of crap out there, i found out about BLK reading qtum's whitepaper which states that they are using BLK POS!!!!

so i understand there are 2 wallets , the original and the new Lore in which you can send your BLK coins and stake?

i want to stake so  the newest lore wallet is the best option?

regards to the community and everyone contributing to this amazing project

Both can stake, but I'd recommend Lore as it's newer with more features
Activity: 8
rat4.just say something.we need your word for blackcoin's future.i don't like fork.

I understand that rat4 opinion is something to take into consideration but we are giving him countless opportunities to speak and he has said almost nothing. Janko has been leading Blackcoin development for a long time and that kept the community and the coin alive. We all know the mastermind rat4 is but we need something more than those cryptic messages that don't explain enough. Anyway, why the fuck wouldn't you like a fork? There has been a few forks already in Blackcoin and everything went as smooth as planned. A fork doesn't mean that there are gonna be more than one Blackcoin, the fork is intended to implement new functionalities on the coin and bring the possibility to keep development going. THE FORK IS NEEDED and must happen.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
rat4.just say something.we need your word for blackcoin's future.i don't like fork.
Don't fear a fork, rat4 and the community have already conducted multiple hard forks in the past and I'm certain it can be done again. Not moving forward is not really an option if Blackcoin is to remain relevant and be able to move to bigger and better things in the future.
Activity: 85
I am really happy with BLK. Bought 1BTC worth tokens around 2700-3000 sats and long hold my Bag. Hope BLK will ready to moon in 2018. Lets take profit with BlackCoin
Activity: 1955
Merit: 381
English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)
I downloaded Lore yesterday, I haven't synced yet. It's good to see that the community is committed to keeping BLK alive. I met Blackcoin 2 years ago and it's one of my favorites. Faster transactions, no waste of energy, Blackcoin is the future. I am anxiously waiting for all difficulties to be resolved, good communication is the basis of everything.
Pages:
Jump to: