Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 39. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Wallet update v1.2.5
It's just a few small fixes since previous release.
It is the final update of original wallet. Future developments will move BlackCoin to a new blockchain.

Awesome  work! Waiting your new blockchain Blackoin!
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Congrats on joining the Nuggets team Joshua. I got an e-mail today and already thought I recognized that guy lol.

legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer
The best solution is probably the most distributed, not reliant on one factor or person for continued success.  Thats the overall nature of crypto I think and we see greater problems where too much control falls to too few like happened to BTC transaction fees, mining etc.   Its throttled itself unfortunately.

Readed an interesting conversations on this page. Looks like Blackcoin is awakened by people with fresh minds who are really transparent about their plans.

What is the best source where I can read more about Lore?

I would look through the links on the OP for more discussion, this thread is quite lightly posted sometimes

Community resources:
Web site: http://blackcoin.co/
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin
Gitter: https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
IRC: freenode.net #blackcoin
Chinese QQ groups: 374929243 and 243092057

Okay thank you,
I going check Gitter then. Quess that is the best source at this moment.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1
it would be much clearer if Pavel had revealed his plans. if they exist. anyway. hold on tight, fellas. big changes are coming. wooh.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
The best solution is probably the most distributed, not reliant on one factor or person for continued success.  Thats the overall nature of crypto I think and we see greater problems where too much control falls to too few like happened to BTC transaction fees, mining etc.   Its throttled itself unfortunately.

Readed an interesting conversations on this page. Looks like Blackcoin is awakened by people with fresh minds who are really transparent about their plans.

I would look through the links on the OP for more discussion, this thread is quite lightly posted sometimes

Community resources:
Web site: http://blackcoin.co/
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin
Gitter: https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub/
IRC: freenode.net #blackcoin
Chinese QQ groups: 374929243 and 243092057
Activity: 23
rat4.just say something.we need your word for blackcoin's future.i don't like fork.
legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer

Activity: 205
Merit: 114
Joshua J. Bouw

Since my entry to BLK, I have always felt janko33 & Gritt-N-Auld have had BLK's best interests at heart.
I trust them ... AND HOW THEY MOVE THE PROJECT.
I will continue to follow a Blackcoin that is under their joint leadership. (yup, that's a proposal)
janko33 brings awesome code to the project, while Gritt-N-Auld's voice brings continuity and direction to the community.
From what I have seen & experienced here on bitcointalk, the pair of them are either of one mind on many issues, or are able to 'talk out' issues well.

Making me tear up almost Smiley.

Alright here is an update:

- I have contacted a few of the top 50 wallets
- Contacted exchanges (except for smaller ones and Poloniex)
- Explained what is happening on Gitter
- Explained what is happening on Telegram

Needs to be done:

- Talk to QQ groups
- Update website explaining what is going on and that Lore needs support
- Update Blackcoin social media

All show support for Lore. I gave them background on what has been happening and reading materials that they could digest and make their own judgement. Tomorrow, I will be back on QQ and contacting everyone there. This should boost up Lore numbers dramatically. Though I am positive that through the meetings tonight, that we already have consensus.

Congrats Janko!
Activity: 145
Merit: 132
Am excited to see this community growing up
exhibiting first signs of becoming adult,
realizing you can choose a king to rule.

Lot's of things to do, lot's of opportunities for all
rat4 had a commit in Lore too, everyone is welcome.
feature HF, network monitoring, testnet, ios, csv..
coders, advertisers, writers, market makers,
doing this alone will not work.

much more communication is needed as it grows, not less

So choose node and stake

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/blk/#!network

network has 129 nodes with version 1.2.4
12 Lore nodes with version 2.1.12
9 nodes with version 1.2.5

Lore will notice if it's blocks are in majority and the path has been choosen..
It can even follow the next blackcoin blockchain, but with no info, no code,
no message.. it can't.

I am not so sure about the idea of a King per se as Blackcoin seems much more organic than that, and should continue in that way.
I suspect it is along the lines of: The BLK Community does not know if we have permission to evolve past rat4's lead.
I believe we do, and in his own way, rat4 has been guiding BLK to this self-deciding moment.
His code inspired many and his opinions will, in future, continue to be listened to & respected.
But he has either been forced to withdraw from the project, or chosen to do so, for now.

Since my entry to BLK, I have always felt janko33 & Gritt-N-Auld have had BLK's best interests at heart.
I will continue to follow a Blackcoin that is under their joint leadership. (yup, that's a proposal)
janko33 brings awesome code to the project, while Gritt-N-Auld's voice brings continuity and direction to the community.
From what I have seen & experienced here on bitcointalk, the pair of them are either of one mind on many issues, or are able to 'talk out' issues well.

Choose a node and stake!

There are no kings, community must govern itself in the end.
Meanwhile more coders, more adverts, more communication is needed
to be able to grow, not less.

That's the main issue here.

Communication with rat4 deteriorated:
We tried to speak to him about this a year ago. We stopped getting responses, we know he is getting them as he selectively responds, we are talking about when this should all take place now. It was only when Janko brought up that he will be forking Blackcoin for new updates that he came back.

It can't work like this, I have very little hope this will change.
Lore can change if there is more communication, more info, code anything..

Choose a node and stake!

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

no message.. it can't.

I just updated my staking node from 1.2.4 to Lore. I think that if we want Lore as a main wallet, you have to remove "Beta" label from the blackcoin page as it can only scare people off  Wink
And patience is also very important as many people are
- lazy as hell  Smiley
- not informed regularly about latest news
There are still many nodes on 1.2.2 and older  Cool
Activity: 220
Merit: 101

So choose node and stake

no message.. it can't.

I am not so sure about the idea of a King per se as Blackcoin seems much more organic than that, and should continue in that way.
I suspect it is along the lines of: The BLK Community does not know if we have permission to evolve past rat4's lead.
I believe we do, and in his own way, rat4 has been guiding BLK to this self-deciding moment.
His code inspired many and his opinions will, in future, continue to be listened to & respected.
But he has either been forced to withdraw from the project, or chosen to do so, for now.

Activity: 98
A lot of these coins are getting really interesting with distribution.
nice logo
Activity: 145
Merit: 132

So choose node and stake

no message.. it can't.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
I've also been in BLK since the very first day and recent events feel appropriately timed.

From first hand experience helping where I can, Janko has pretty much single handedly pushed development work on for BLK for over 2 years. I would have no qualms whatsoever if he took the lead in its future.

If rat4/Dolittle's vision differs from Janko then we just need some clarification and input with a view to coming up with something everyone agrees with. If he remains quiet, he might have to build his dream himself without current support.

Maybe we should give rat4 a deadline to have explained what he meant so we're not hanging on for yet another year before major changes?

We tried to speak to him about this a year ago. We stopped getting responses, we know he is getting them as he selectively responds, we are talking about when this should all take place now. It was only when Janko brought up that he will be forking Blackcoin for new updates that he came back.

Rereading what he said, I think he is done with development on the original wallet.
I would agree with this last line as stated.
Joshua J. Bouw
I've also been in BLK since the very first day and recent events feel appropriately timed.

From first hand experience helping where I can, Janko has pretty much single handedly pushed development work on for BLK for over 2 years. I would have no qualms whatsoever if he took the lead in its future.

If rat4/Dolittle's vision differs from Janko then we just need some clarification and input with a view to coming up with something everyone agrees with. If he remains quiet, he might have to build his dream himself without current support.

Maybe we should give rat4 a deadline to have explained what he meant so we're not hanging on for yet another year before major changes?

Rereading what he said, I think he is done with development on the original wallet.
Activity: 427
Merit: 252

Activity: 252
Merit: 12
Interesting. I like that update, looks funny 20014 =D

Where can I find more description about wallet?
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
For those of you who don't know me, I am a long time Blackcoin community member and original miner of Blackcoin. It's my belief that Janko (with help from others) has taken over the dev duties of Blackcoin and it is not right to have Janko Et al. and the community to be put on hold and in a state of limbo waiting for rat4/Dr. Dolittle to make an appearance to tell us what his plans are. Any kind of operation, even a nonformal club has to have communication in order to operate. If there is no communication there is no operation, for this reason, until such time as things change I will throw my full support behind Janko and his future plans for Blackcoin and of course, the Blackcoin community. I'm not a technical person as far as being able to read or write code, that's just not me but I have been following developments and trust the opinion of others who do know these things and at this time believe Janko's plotted course is the way forward for Blackcoin and the community for now. If I ever come to believe differently and think I see a better way forward than our current direction I won't hesitate to voice my opinion.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Wallet update v1.2.5
It is the final update of original wallet. Future developments will move BlackCoin to a new blockchain.

Hello, Mr. DrDolittle.

What is the new blockchain ?

Do you disagree with blackcoin lore?   Or are you going to lead the blackcoin to the new road?

I hope you can take 1 minutes to explain because a lot of people want to know.

Joshua J. Bouw
Wallet update v1.2.5

That sounds great, can you share any more information? And are the changes more focused from a technological standpoint, new blockchain/new codebase or do you have any big ideas as to how the BlackCoin ecosystem should develop?

As I gather the current BlackCoin developers and supporters do not seem to not be aware of this? I look forward to hearing more about this!

We have been discussing it. Rat4 hasn't been communicating with any of the community for the past year or so, even though we have sent him countless e-mails and kept him up to date with Lore development. It was until that we have been telling him that we need a hard fork to bring on new developments that rat4 appears to either be supportive or have gone rogue. We are not too sure what he meant by his update as it could be interpreted as either or. We honestly felt like rat4 has abandoned us and instead of leaving Blackcoin for dead, we have continued the initiative. Now that he once in a blue moon comes back with an occasional update, filled with cryptic and unclear intentions, we are unsure what to do about this at this point.

We can not have a developer that is unclear with the community and I am against his actions. Rat4 is someone that I certainly look up to and I had considered him my friend for a period. Now he feels distant and a totally different person. For Blackcoin to succeed it needs active development and a community. The community only comes when development is taking place. Janko and I have been discussing how do we go forward from here. All the Lore developments are things that Blackcoin desperately needed to go forward. Janko has done a wonderful job working on core protocol to make it exciting again.

After speaking with the community both in Telegram and Gitter, we are leaning towards making the decision of forking with, or without rat4 to enable Lore features to make Blackcoin stronger. I will be spending time still providing support for both projects, likely taking a more active role in Lore. Blackcoin always felt like rat4's project and I always tried hard to ensure that the front end of Blackcoin was well kept together. I can't work in an environment that rat4 is setting up Blackcoin to be.

He had once stated that all he can tell me at the time is only what is public on this forum. I'm assuming that he wants all communications to be public, as he isn't speaking to us through e-mail anymore.

DrDooLittle (rat4), I don't know what has happened to you. You were one of the biggest pleasures to work with and now, I have no idea what is even happening anymore. Please, reconsider, talk to us, e-mail me and Janko and lets work this out for the best of Blackcoin.

Wallet update v1.2.5

I'm positive that he is telling us that he is done with Blackcoin and now it will exist on a new chain with Lore. Though still unclear.

tl,dr: I don't agree with the way DrDooLittle (rat4) has been lately. Janko needs a fork to continue. Rat4 potentially need a fork for something else but isn't communicating with Janko or the community. I will support both projects but likely take a more active role in Lore because Janko is open to the community. If DrDooLittle is more open, then this can be prevented.
Pages:
Jump to: