Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 40. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 114
Joshua J. Bouw
Activity: 101
Merit: 11
Activity: 924
Merit: 526
GIF by SOCIFI
Wallet update v1.2.5
It's just a few small fixes since previous release.
It is the final update of original wallet. Future developments will move BlackCoin to a new blockchain.

That sounds great, can you share any more information? And are the changes more focussed on a technological standpoint, new blockchain/new codebase or do you have any big ideas as to how the BlackCoin ecosystem should develop?

As I gather the current BlackCoin developers and supporters do not seem to not be aware of this? I look forward to hearing more about this!
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
With PoS, how would a game like cryptokitties work? Would it be much faster? One of the issues with cryptokitties on Ethereum is that it is super slow.  If blackcoin could have some simliar games built on top of it, but do it way faster, I think it would really drive adoption.
GIF by SOCIFI
Someone made the good point of showing how the failed BCC or BitCon  connect coin is still valued at 300m.   Where as Blackcoin is showing 40 million, so yea the market is not rational and it takes a long time for true value to come through.   Dont rely on short term prices too much, I think in the end we will see BLK above the likes of hype or ponzi like schemes like that.    Hopefully we'll see a greater stress on utility over speculation in future, a bit like how tech shares went in the 1990's if anyone remembers.

Can someone remind me of that site that hosts a quick download for the BLK blockchain.   Seems like that would be a useful URL to repost for any new people

Yes, I just used this bootstrap last week, worked perfectly (synced till May 2017):

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/6b3imq/blackcoin_bootstrapdat_up_to_block_1631800/
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Someone made the good point of showing how the failed BCC or BitCon  connect coin is still valued at 300m.   Where as Blackcoin is showing 40 million, so yea the market is not rational and it takes a long time for true value to come through.   Dont rely on short term prices too much, I think in the end we will see BLK above the likes of hype or ponzi like schemes like that.    Hopefully we'll see a greater stress on utility over speculation in future, a bit like how tech shares went in the 1990's if anyone remembers.

Can someone remind me of that site that hosts a quick download for the BLK blockchain.   Seems like that would be a useful URL to repost for any new people
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Lore "Melinda" Wallet

Today I downloaded and installed the new "Melinda" Lore wallet (win64.zip), I was amazed at how fast it synced without using a bootstrap. After a small test transfer to the new wallet, I've moved all my local coins onto the Lore wallet. You cannot run both your old .qt wallet and the Lore wallet at the same time so in order to transfer your coins you will have to copy the receiving address from your Lore wallet once it has synced > close the Lore wallet > open .qt wallet > paste your Lore wallet address into the send function of the .qt wallet > send coins > close .qt wallet > reopen the Lore wallet and ensure coins have arrived > coins will begin staking after 8 hrs. in the wallet.

I'm still waiting on the coins to begin staking but I have both received and sent coins from the Lore wallet. At this time I'm seeing no issues with this wallet. 

https://github.com/janko33bd/bitcoin/releases/tag/v2.12.1.0-7bc7f54

Thanks Janko

Never heard of this, but sounds good, will check it out; thanks for the info!
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Why do you avoid ICO? For instance, I will participate in the ICO of crypto lottery because I know that the purpose of the Initial Coin Offer (ICO) is to raise the capital needed for the jackpot and promotion of the LuckyToken lottery. In what way will you raise the capital?

ICO Huh What are you talking about ?

PS please quit spamming threads about LUC, we can all see that is the common thread in your message history
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Why do you avoid ICO? For instance, I will participate in the ICO of crypto lottery because I know that the purpose of the Initial Coin Offer (ICO) is to raise the capital needed for the jackpot and promotion of the LuckyToken lottery. In what way will you raise the capital?
GIF by SOCIFI
Anyone having trouble with the Blackcoin QT wallet syncing? It did not sync for 2 days, I thought it might be the outdated wallet so I downloaded Blackcoin QT V1.2.4 but still the same problem.

Ive had this when a power outage has taken place......looking in the QT logs may show a bunch of errors if the chain has been corrupted.  I found removing and resyncing the chain corrects the problem.....

always backup wallet.dat :-)

I have removed and resynced the chain and all is good again, glad that worked. Thanks for pointing it out!
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
Wallet update v1.2.5
It is the final update of original wallet. Future developments will move BlackCoin to a new blockchain.

Pavel, you always were one of the biggest aspirations in my life. One of the most respected. I kindly thank you for all the advances that you have done to the Proof of Stake protocol. Further watched you develop as an individual in this space has always been incredibly aspiring. You know that I follow the ground that you have laid. I further hope to help to carry the torch with everyone else. We will do you proud. If there ever is the slightest degree of you feeling that Blackcoin is being u just, do let us know.

Much love,
- Joshua

nice.
Activity: 205
Merit: 114
Joshua J. Bouw
Wallet update v1.2.5

Pavel, you always were one of the biggest aspirations in my life. One of the most respected. I kindly thank you for all the advances that you have done to the Proof of Stake protocol. Further watched you develop as an individual in this space has always been incredibly aspiring. You know that I follow the ground that you have laid. I further hope to help to carry the torch with everyone else. We will do you proud. If there ever is the slightest degree of you feeling that Blackcoin is being u just, do let us know.

Much love,
- Joshua
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
Wallet update v1.2.5
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Hello guys,

i am having a problem... i have some coins im my wallet but i cannot stack... when i use the command "walletpassphrase xxx 9999999 true" it gives me an error: "Error: RPC server was not started, use server=1 to change this. (code -18)"

I read some topics but i still cannot resolve it... can please someone help me?

Thank you

Best place to ask is on Gitter platform here https://gitter.im/BlackCoin_Hub
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
Awesome, well done on the hard work for the new wallet.   I do keep telling people this is an established coin, the market capitalisation is silly low compared to newer less established coins, which means the coin price is too low.

The block explorer on chainz.cryptoid.info is misattributing value in blocks.   So it deducts value from a wallet address that was not sent by that wallet.   But its not that far off in accuracy overall so maybe it doesnt matter.

I'll leave the wallet open on a fast link to help seed for new users, not sure its needed as it already seems very fast.
Activity: 451
Merit: 250
Lore "Melinda" Wallet

Today I downloaded and installed the new "Melinda" Lore wallet (win64.zip), I was amazed at how fast it synced without using a bootstrap. After a small test transfer to the new wallet, I've moved all my local coins onto the Lore wallet. You cannot run both your old .qt wallet and the Lore wallet at the same time so in order to transfer your coins you will have to copy the receiving address from your Lore wallet once it has synced > close the Lore wallet > open .qt wallet > paste your Lore wallet address into the send function of the .qt wallet > send coins > close .qt wallet > reopen the Lore wallet and ensure coins have arrived > coins will begin staking after 8 hrs. in the wallet.

I'm still waiting on the coins to begin staking but I have both received and sent coins from the Lore wallet. At this time I'm seeing no issues with this wallet. 

https://github.com/janko33bd/bitcoin/releases/tag/v2.12.1.0-7bc7f54

Thanks Janko
GIF by SOCIFI
Anyone having trouble with the Blackcoin QT wallet syncing? It did not sync for 2 days, I thought it might be the outdated wallet so I downloaded Blackcoin QT V1.2.4 but still the same problem.

Ive had this when a power outage has taken place......looking in the QT logs may show a bunch of errors if the chain has been corrupted.  I found removing and resyncing the chain corrects the problem.....

always backup wallet.dat :-)

If that doesn't work try adding these nodes.

addnode=87.98.182.171:15714
addnode=74.208.221.224:15714

Thanks guys, will give that a go.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

i am having a problem... i have some coins im my wallet but i cannot stack... when i use the command "walletpassphrase xxx 9999999 true" it gives me an error: "Error: RPC server was not started, use server=1 to change this. (code -18)"

I read some topics but i still cannot resolve it... can please someone help me?

Thank you
Activity: 187
Merit: 20
Request for comments on the next steps to create a non-profit for Blackcoin

Hey everyone,

We need a plan for the next steps. I would love if everyone could help suggest jurisdictions as well as plans. For those that are interested, I would love if you could write what you would expect out of the non-profit and we can add all the ideas together to ensure that it is to the communities expectations.

Here is a link to the initial post with my own ideas: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/7f538o/blackcoin_nonprofit_solely_for_the_benefit_of/

Help me expand!

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/7roxj1/next_steps_of_nonprofit/
Pages:
Jump to: