Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 400. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level?

Before accusing others to be grredy, lay back for a second and think:
How would people ever WANT to use BC, if they never heard of it? Why would merchants agree to use something neither they nor their customers ever heard of? Just becuase some nerd like us sent them a technical specification?
I honestly cannot understand why some people are that much against creating some publicty. It is not as if an event like the wall street promo prevents anyone from pushing BC the way they prefer?

Agreed.  I too am very stupefied by this attitude.

Do we need to support rat4 and maarx in the technical development? YES! Do we need to support TDG (and possibly push a little...)? YES!

Is technical innovation and a slick looking and profitable pool enough to succeed? NO!

Even if there weren't a literal sea of copies, clones, scams, etc... with more being launched every week - we have to also understand that BlackCoin is what it is... and that is a copy of previous work which has been (and currently is as rat4's post indicates) being developed into much more than just another altcoin cloned from BTC (or more accurately an amalgamation of BTC and NovaCoin with some adjustments).

There is only one way the rest of the world has any idea that BC even exists... and sorry, just waiting for the current crypto-currency faithful to fall in step isn't going to get us anywhere.  I can understand how someone who got into cryptos in the last year might think that's possible... but for some of us that remember when people were bickering over the "ridiculous stupidity" of someone paying thirteen cents each for bitcoins it's much more obvious.  Bitcoin went from bouncing back and forth at values BC is currently trading at for quite a while... then suddenly the media became aware, and things really started taking off.

That world no longer exists... there are coins creating hype and notoriety on a daily basis - and new ones being announced almost hourly at this point (many of which are exact copies - stats wise at least).  Attacking on one or even two fronts is not enough now... it's an all or nothing game.

Imagine if a big corporation took the same approach, or a political candidate... just being the 'good guy' or the 'better technical solution' is not enough in our world.  How many of us are still stuck using Windows in our workplaces... that's definitely not because it's the best, most stable, most secure, easiest to use OS... quite the opposite - but it is definitely heavily marketed, and often in ways that seem ridiculous from a technical perspective. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2433
Merit: 1642
Theres an ignore function for a reason.

Playing this game is divisive and destructive, rise above it and use ignore.

Be the professional
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
I do not believe in censorship and I think even trolls have a right to express their view and feelings. However, ...

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

"Everyone has a right to express an opinion, but I think that that general rule should only extend so far".

Please. Who's going to be next ? Do we think that people are incapable of hitting the 'ignore' button if that is what they wish to do ?

There is a reason why it is against the law to scream fire in a crowded movie theater when there isn't a fire. Freedom of speech is not absolute. I have no problem with people attacking me, I get attacked everyday. However,his attacks are now focusing on people who are trying to participate and bring something to the table. We are trying to rebuild the morale of this community, and how can we do that if someone is criticizing everyone's efforts. I have never publicly asked to ban someone, but in this case he needs refrain from posting here.

From what I have seen, lots of people here voice their opinions about the actions of others. Sometimes with moderation, sometimes not. I'm an adult. I'm able to discern what I would like to take notice of, able to filter the signal from the noise. Some days that takes a bit more effort than other days.

Sometimes I agree with what you say, sometimes I do not. Sometimes I disagree with the majority of what one person says for a long period of time, and then all of a sudden, I find myself agreeing with some of the points that they make in a particular post, to the extent that I learn something from what they say. That makes my life richer.

What you read as consistently negative, I often simply read as critical ( as in someone, often eloquently, expressing an opinion ). The fact that I do not agree with all that is said does not make me despair and give up on BlackCoin, because I am an adult and can make up my own mind.

If we start voting to ban people, we need to define the parameters within which we expect people to behave. We need to become law makers. Once you start making laws, you get into endless divisions. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people here, who have an interest in this technology, are here precisely because they are sick of operating within a set of parameters defined by someone else.    
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Just so you know, barabbas here parked himself on the Spaincoin forum and attacked and abused anyone trying to support that coin. As the value went down, he then ranted that the value was so low it was now an insult to try and gift it to anyone Spanish. I guess he's moved here now, I suggest hitting the ignore button rather than drawn in to these pointless squabbles.

Ignore is good for regular posters, but what about newbies or those that just lurk.

Exactly my point. There are so many people who just "watch" what plays out and decide not to come forward because of the constant negativity and criticism. There are people behind the scenes who are tired of the bs and want to get back to business. I want to attract the best and the brightest to join this community.
Activity: 245
Just so you know, barabbas here parked himself on the Spaincoin forum and attacked and abused anyone trying to support that coin. As the value went down, he then ranted that the value was so low it was now an insult to try and gift it to anyone Spanish. I guess he's moved here now, I suggest hitting the ignore button rather than drawn in to these pointless squabbles.

Ignore is good for regular posters, but what about newbies or those that just lurk.
Thank you for your comments and opinions. I appreciate the IRC chatters coming here to pay us a visit. Many of us who coordinate here on this forum would like to be able to organize ideas and thoughts without someone who has never contributed anything criticizing everyone's efforts. If you took the time to read his posts you would see he doesn't only focus on me. We need talented people to come onboard to help BC grow. I thank everyone from IRC who have been working on the Multi-pool and other projects, but BC has become bigger than the multi-pool.  You cannot sustain a multi-million dollar currency solely on a multi-pool. There are very talented and enthusiastic people ready to come forward with ideas that will move us forward.

Lets be very clear here...no one here is the original or "official developer". People made themselves part of the dev team without any say from the general community. No one person or entity controls BlackCoin.

Results so far:
57 votes to ban him
9 vote to let him stay

Activity: 140
A lot less drama on the subreddit... more facts and real discussion. http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/  Smiley
Activity: 237
+1 to just using ignore button on people who aren't contributing.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002
I do not believe in censorship and I think even trolls have a right to express their view and feelings. However, ...

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

"Everyone has a right to express an opinion, but I think that that general rule should only extend so far".

Please. Who's going to be next ? Do we think that people are incapable of hitting the 'ignore' button if that is what they wish to do ?

+1

And from what i've seen this guy is not always criticizing. But he seems to not really like the "Iconic" way of doing things.

He's not a troll, Iconic is not "blk" king, and he should not be banned for going against Iconic ...

If the BC community start to go against the "freedom of speech", it would be the beginning of the end ...  Sad
ONCE AGAIN GUYS Cheesy
This is IronicE. joke lol you can't ban people just like that you have only ignore button ^^. Calm down...
But we have to show some people who want help bc that constant criticize is not good for us and we don't like that shit.
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
awesome work iconic, you fucking rock !
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

+1

And from what i've seen this guy is not always criticizing. But he seems to not really like the "Iconic" way of doing things.

He's not a troll, Iconic is not "blk" king, and he should not be banned for going against Iconic ...

If the BC community start to go against the "freedom of speech", it would be the beginning of the end ...  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

This is IronicE. joke lol you can't ban people just like that you have only ignore button ^^.
...that is more about give him info what people are thinking about being on crtic side all time
while doing nothing and expecting miracle in steady growth...
We are in top 10 and we need to act to not being kicked out that is truth and such constant position of being negative doesn't help us at all.
You neet to know there are new coins incoming if we stop here we will go back in reality that is truth.

I vote for ban to show my position in constant criticism without giving any sort of positive feedback,idea ext...
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Iconic you are being bullish and you think you are the dev of BC .

Why is your poll even legit ? Because you type in 36PT red font and think you are "the man"?

Theres the BC community also outside the bitcointalk forums (irc,twitter,reddit).

Theres 50 other people that push and help BC from there own pockets , I dont see them being attention whores here or begging for donations.

Very unprofessional and you are creating a horrible name for Black Coin.

HEY ICONIC THIS IS FOR YOU ^^^^

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

There is a reason why it is against the law to scream fire in a crowded movie theater when there isn't a fire. Freedom of speech is not absolute. I have no problem with people attacking me, I get attacked everyday. However,his attacks are now focusing on people who are trying to participate and bring something to the table. We are trying to rebuild the morale of this community, and how can we do that if someone is criticizing everyone's efforts. I have never publicly asked to ban someone, but in this case he needs refrain from posting here.
Activity: 406
how do you explain the slow but steady fall of the BlackCoin ?

coins removed from weak hands

okay but it's been like this for weeks now...
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

coins removed from weak hands
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

Exactly.

Plus, I think this text by that same guy wasn't all that bad:

Also this has presented BlackCoin with a golden -and so far missed- opportunity to make clear and differentiate itself from the clones by making a public, official statement with reassurances about the security and safety of BlackCoin, something in the vein of "...and this is why something like what happened in WC could never happened to BlackCoin". Not having it simply leaves such occurrence as a likely possibility in people's minds.

Same exact thing applies to the Pool. No, without a proper front end, no major amount of miners is coming back any time soon: It looks sloppy, at the moment. Stats that compare the Pool, in the link, to just about the least regarded coins in the market, doesn't benefit the perception either. And same for the lack of clear resolve of the situation that brought it to it's knees over a week ago... something reassuring such as an automatic switch to back up pools that won't require miner's intervention when another attack -and surely we can count on more coming- happens, whatever shielding tech measures have been taken: Reassurance.
It'd be nice also to make public the strategy of the pool's selection. Who's deciding what to mine? Are we throwing darts on the wall of is there someone that really knows what he's doing behind it? what's the criteria? why is it better that just mine Litecoins and then buy BC with them. Or is it really better? Proof of such?

Those are some of the differentiating basics that brought BC to it's extraordinary success in  a few weeks. Instead of reinforcing and solidifying them, we seem to be much more interested in challenging the government of Cambodia, creating lotteries (taking 50% off the top; nothing wrong with lotteries, a lot wrong with taking 50% off the top) or "taking" Wall Street to evidence, publicly, just hype and no substance.

But hey, ra-ra-fucking ra...

I see some valid points in there..
Activity: 406
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

Results so far:
26 votes to ban him
5 vote to let him stay

Activity: 416
Merit: 250
Emma Jean Delia has a message for you from Twitter:

@EmmaJeanDelia
Thank you to Jabulon and all the brilliant gentlemen of #BlackCoin for the warm welcome! Xo 💕
Jump to: