Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 402. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Very nice.  Smiley Was wondering when they were actually adding it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

WC was not an actual clone of BC... it had about zero to do with Blackcoin's codebase. WC was a shitty Novacoin clone that didn't actually have the code to go full PoS, and now new developers are scrambling to fix it.

WC was a 'clone' in name only because the original dev wanted to ride on Blackcoin's success.

Rat4 had nothing to do with any of it. I watched the WC IRC for a while during their crisis, they wanted to get Rat4 but it seemed he wouldn't respond..  Tongue

Seems like you're just spreading misinformation.
yeah, the more he writes the more he appears to be some kind of stealth troll.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
Activity: 140

WC was not an actual clone of BC... it had about zero to do with Blackcoin's codebase. WC was a shitty Novacoin clone that didn't actually have the code to go full PoS, and now new developers are scrambling to fix it.

WC was a 'clone' in name only because the original dev wanted to ride on Blackcoin's success.

Rat4 had nothing to do with any of it. I watched the WC IRC for a while during their crisis, they wanted to get Rat4 but it seemed he wouldn't respond..  Tongue

Seems like you're just spreading misinformation.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

JUST VOTED TO PUT IT ON TOP!! Smiley

SITTING ON #1 SPOT NOW!

mywl.it is already old and busted, time to join www.coinkite.com for the new hotness
why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level?

Before accusing others to be grredy, lay back for a second and think:
How would people ever WANT to use BC, if they never heard of it? Why would merchants agree to use something neither they nor their customers ever heard of? Just becuase some nerd like us sent them a technical specification?
I honestly cannot understand why some people are that much against creating some publicty. It is not as if an event like the wall street promo prevents anyone from pushing BC the way they prefer?
Activity: 168
Activity: 336
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
I'm wondering if there is someone out here that can make a professional youtube video for Blackcoin. Just like quark / bitcoin / peercoin have. But then in a more exclusive/classy way instead of too cartoonish.

I hereby donate 350 EUR / 490 USD to the first person that jumps in and can make one. Who's with me?

I will make the video! I have been making videos for 5yrs, I'm a beast with the adobe suite! I volunteer!

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick response. Here are some examples of video's I consider professional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao

Also make sure, that when making a professional video, there aren't made 3 differnt once by 3 different persons at the same time. So we need to make sure no-one else is working on a video atm. Else consider working together. I can't donate 3 times Smiley

If others want to help donating together with me, let me know Smiley

Edit: Too busy with Finals and working on the PR stuff right now. This bounty is back up for grabs!
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
Hey guys, what can we do to get more miners back to the multipool?

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

tell them about the KnC miner Compo !!!

Join the pool be an entrant!!
already back in with a few rented rigs and told others to do so.
even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

+1 that's for sure we need a working stats page!

Indeed. My OCD kicks in when I don't see my stats. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

Agreed.  We need to get back to the basics - which were working fine - and end all the meaningless posturing and bickering on all sides.

++++ Plus, plus, plus.

Also this has presented BlackCoin with a golden -and so far missed- opportunity to make clear and differentiate itself from the clones by making a public, official statement with reassurances about the security and safety of BlackCoin, something in the vein of "...and this is why something like what happened in WC could never happened to BlackCoin". Not having it simply leaves such occurrence as a likely possibility in people's minds.

Same exact thing applies to the Pool. No, without a proper front end, no major amount of miners is coming back any time soon: It looks sloppy, at the moment. Stats that compare the Pool, in the link, to just about the least regarded coins in the market, doesn't benefit the perception either. And same for the lack of clear resolve of the situation that brought it to it's knees over a week ago... something reassuring such as an automatic switch to back up pools that won't require miner's intervention when another attack -and surely we can count on more coming- happens, whatever shielding tech measures have been taken: Reassurance.
It'd be nice also to make public the strategy of the pool's selection. Who's deciding what to mine? Are we throwing darts on the wall of is there someone that really knows what he's doing behind it? what's the criteria? why is it better that just mine Litecoins and then buy BC with them. Or is it really better? Proof of such?

Those are some of the differentiating basics that brought BC to it's extraordinary success in  a few weeks. Instead of reinforcing and solidifying them, we seem to be much more interested in challenging the government of Cambodia, creating lotteries (taking 50% off the top; nothing wrong with lotteries, a lot wrong with taking 50% off the top) or "taking" Wall Street to evidence, publicly, just hype and no substance.

But hey, ra-ra-fucking ra...

Rat4 posted today about an update on testnet. Seemed fairly major.. but I don't know. It's likely he's improving the system further. Smiley

You need some hype to go with substance. Otherwise all the short term traders hop off,.. and there are a lot of those in crypto.

Wait a minute... I read on IRC, by a member of the team, that short term traders are not welcome. Furthermore, BC got to 90k without any hype of the type that has been debated recently, why "some" is needed now, short terms traders convenience or not notwithstanding? There are a lot of very, very positive initiatives, such as the card, for instance, the Titan raffle, and others. The community is dynamic enough without going for the outrageous and dangerous. And, again, I question the motives without getting any even remotely convincing answers: By any standards, BC is doing extraordinarily well --- and was doing much better a couple weeks ago before a simple DDos attack exposed our many weaknesses. Without any of the outrageousness. In just one month. Why the rush now? why create "awareness" of something that cannot be used at all, at the general public level? How can this be productive on any way, have any kind of staying power, benefit the progress and development of BlackCoin?

This is just a very clumsy attempt at creating nonsensical hype in the hope that somehow it will translate in a quick rise in price... which not even the initiative of the card -of which I have never heard any opposing point of view or even small criticism-, has been able to produce. Or the Titan draw, for that matter. How would that hype translate into any kind of positive results for BlackCoin? All of a sudden thousands of tourists and Wall Street types are going to just magically buy coins that have absolutely no use whatsoever for them? Ok, a few may be interested... what are they going to find when they go a bit deeper into their new interest and see that the pool here is far from safe and has not fully recoup from a DDOS attack, when an exact clone of BlackCoin just pulled a Karpeles (not only an exact clone but one that it is widely rumored over the internet to have been recently helped by Rat4 --apparently that rumor is not true but Rat4 himself doesn't seem overly interested in denying it so there's no doubt--). This is like inviting a lot of people to party at a home that is very small and full of crap and expecting a positive outcome of it, ok?

In conclusion, no one has pointed out to any legitimate purpose to the hype. Not one. Why? because the ONLY purpose is just pure, raw, unmitigated, instant greed. And that means all they want is a quick rise in price to dump on it for profit. Quick gratification at whatever expense. Is that the "good for the community" that is the supposed leit motiv? Yep a trip back to 90k would be fine... but only if you plan on dumping all the way there, otherwise you don't care what the price does the next week, the next month or the next 3 months, because what you care for is that the coin grows and stays around, solid, safe, for YEARS to come. The price in the exchanges would take care of itself accordingly.

First step to understanding each others is calling things by their real names.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Real cryptos attract real developers. Nice job Iconic, defiantly a unique add on. Glad I got my limited edition cards when I could.

Can't wait till cards start showing up. Still around 12000 wallets with > 1 bc in them.

BlackCoin Card Software Sneak Peek

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

Now I would like to share some information about the software that is pre-loaded on each card.

Q: What is the Blackcoin Card and the software loaded on it?

A: The BlackCoin card aka CEX Card (Cyrpto-currency Express Card ) is an 8 gig or more USB wafer with special software pre-loaded on it. I realized that the average person interested in using crypto will have a difficult time with all of the steps involved with getting started. So I developed software similar to a "CD-Rom Start Menu" with everything in one place. So when the end-user inserts the USB wafer the start menu automatically launches and the end-user is presented with everything he/she will need to get started.

The cards are pre-loaded with the standard BlackCoin wallet, and the custom software I developed will automatically update the wallet client as needed. The end-user will never have to worry about downloading software and updates. Also, the blockchain is loaded on the card so the end-user can use the card on any PC without having to wait hours to download the entire blockchain. I do recommend that the card be inserted a few times a week to keep the blockchain fairly updated.

I also realized that the average individual needs to be tech savvy to use paper wallets, so I have eliminated the need for paper wallets. The cards can be used for both hot and cold storage!

Q: How do I use the card?

A: The user inserts the card into any Windows PC via the USB port. The start menu executes automatically and the end-user is presented with a wealth of information and options. The end-user can then transfer funds to the wallet software pre-loaded on the card as they would normally on their desktop. Once the funds are transferred and the wallet is encrypted, the end-user can take the card on the go.

Q: Can I use the BlackCoin card at my local store?

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family.  

The software I developed is dynamic and can be updated in real time. The software can remain up to date without having to update the core components. However, there is also functionality to update the entire application if needed. I will upload more photos after last minute tweaks are finished. Please note the tweaks do not affect shipping since the software that is pre-loaded on the cards updates automatically and does not have to be 100% perfect before shipping.

As fellow professional (although not much into software for "everybody" but a special business niche) I must say that i like it, looking really smooth and easy to use, people will love that soscial media integration.
I'd like to offer my help in case there is demand for German localization, feel free to PM/send me resource files for translation.
What IDE/language did you use?

Hi thank you for your comments. I use a fairly unknown language called Euphoria for rapid application development. And then I convert to C and compile. The plan is to localize in 5 different languages once we have a few weeks of feedback.
nice. let me know if you need any help with the translation, will surely find some spare time Smiley

Oh, i forgot the most important question i had:
If i understood it correctly you are storing the blockchain file on the card. In case the card runs of out spacee == the blockchain file does becomes too big one day, what's the idea?
are you going to
use some compression + local cache
a secured connection to an online blockchain file/server
possibility of a custom location for the blockchain file (and maybe a built-in OpenVPN client, so the user can e.g. connect to their own sever)

A it is for the casual user it should be easy, so probably the best thing would be a to give them a new card with a discount for recurring customers or so if there isn't an easy AND suecre workaround.
Should be some time until that becomes an issue, but i can't be wrong to think about it already Cheesy

Good questions! Since the cards are 8 gigs we do not have to worry about it in the near future. However, I haven't thought of the perfect solution yet. But by the time we get close to filling up space on the cards me and/or someone from the community will have figured out a solution.
Activity: 210
Suggestion: Whomever has official BC twitter page should use it few times a week and more often. Twitter is free advertising, and is way way underutilized. If current person in charge is not willing to tweet often about all news we get, then I'd vote to hand over twitter page to someone that is willing to update twitter and represent BC on twitter often and when news and hype around.

I worry that too much of this stuff like Wall St promo, or music video is not getting out there, for free, cause person, or persons running official twitter page are maybe more tech thinking, and not business/marketing minded.

Don't underestimate power in tweets.

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

Now I would like to share some information about the software that is pre-loaded on each card.

A: The BlackCoin card aka CEX Card (Cyrpto-currency Express Card ) is an 8 gig or more USB wafer with special software pre-loaded on it. I realized that the average person interested in using crypto will have a difficult time with all of the steps involved with getting started. So I developed software similar to a "CD-Rom Start Menu" with everything in one place. So when the end-user inserts the USB wafer the start menu automatically launches and the end-user is presented with everything he/she will need to get started.

The cards are pre-loaded with the standard BlackCoin wallet, and the custom software I developed will automatically update the wallet client as needed. The end-user will never have to worry about downloading software and updates. Also, the blockchain is loaded on the card so the end-user can use the card on any PC without having to wait hours to download the entire blockchain. I do recommend that the card be inserted a few times a week to keep the blockchain fairly updated.

I also realized that the average individual needs to be tech savvy to use paper wallets, so I have eliminated the need for paper wallets. The cards can be used for both hot and cold storage!

A: The user inserts the card into any Windows PC via the USB port. The start menu executes automatically and the end-user is presented with a wealth of information and options. The end-user can then transfer funds to the wallet software pre-loaded on the card as they would normally on their desktop. Once the funds are transferred and the wallet is encrypted, the end-user can take the card on the go.

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family. 

The software I developed is dynamic and can be updated in real time. The software can remain up to date without having to update the core components. However, there is also functionality to update the entire application if needed. I will upload more photos after last minute tweaks are finished. Please note the tweaks do not affect shipping since the software that is pre-loaded on the cards updates automatically and does not have to be 100% perfect before shipping.

I need your help!!! Everyone has been asking for us to focus and get back on track. I am only one man and there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want. Please take a few minutes and post the link to this announcement around the web. Post in every troll box on every exchange, IRC, Twitter, other forums, and everywhere else you can. We need to let the rest of the crypto-community know that this is just the beginning for BlackCoin and more is soon to come!!!

Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
Activity: 210

The pool should update to something like our competitions pool. http://cinnimultipool.com/  They already have x11 too in this multipool, workers set up just like most pools out there. I think people like to watch what's going on when they mine, not just let it run.

Also, the pool should be getting a writeup, especially when verision 2 is out. It's all about hype and marketing, like i keep saying, that 95% of your effort, no matter how awesome and cool it is, and we respect it here, will not be seen or cared about at all unless marketing is done.

Please take notice of a kittiecoin, they are prime example of trying to really build a good team and work on the coin infrastructure, yet forget main point, there memes and marketing. They failed and fell on there faces hard, where DOGE was doing great. They choose to work on coin, instead of work on hype. Just saying, we need both of course, but missing the very important hype/marketing is what will do a coin in. Doge gets it.

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family.  

As fellow professional (although not much into software for "everybody" but a special business niche) I must say that i like it, looking really smooth and easy to use, people will love that soscial media integration.
I'd like to offer my help in case there is demand for German localization, feel free to PM/send me resource files for translation.
What IDE/language did you use?

Hi thank you for your comments. I use a fairly unknown language called Euphoria for rapid application development. And then I convert to C and compile. The plan is to localize in 5 different languages once we have a few weeks of feedback.
nice. let me know if you need any help with the translation, will surely find some spare time Smiley

Oh, i forgot the most important question i had:
If i understood it correctly you are storing the blockchain file on the card. In case the card runs of out spacee == the blockchain file does becomes too big one day, what's the idea?
are you going to
use some compression + local cache
a secured connection to an online blockchain file/server
possibility of a custom location for the blockchain file (and maybe a built-in OpenVPN client, so the user can e.g. connect to their own sever)

A it is for the casual user it should be easy, so probably the best thing would be a to give them a new card with a discount for recurring customers or so if there isn't an easy AND suecre workaround.
Should be some time until that becomes an issue, but i can't be wrong to think about it already Cheesy

Jump to: