Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 404. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BlackCoin Card Software Sneak Peek

As I promised earlier today starts open dialog and transparency. A few cards have been shipped out already, and today we start ramping up shipping. The cards are being sent First Class Mail in large green & white letter envelopes to reduce delays at customs. As everyone know First Class International mail is a bit slow, but it is also the most cost effective method of shipping. Customers will start receiving cards by early to mid next week. Please note there were over 300 pre-orders so please have some patience. Everyone who purchased cards will  receive their cards in the order they made their purchase. First come first served.

Now I would like to share some information about the software that is pre-loaded on each card.

Q: What is the Blackcoin Card and the software loaded on it?

A: The BlackCoin card aka CEX Card (Cyrpto-currency Express Card ) is an 8 gig or more USB wafer with special software pre-loaded on it. I realized that the average person interested in using crypto will have a difficult time with all of the steps involved with getting started. So I developed software similar to a "CD-Rom Start Menu" with everything in one place. So when the end-user inserts the USB wafer the start menu automatically launches and the end-user is presented with everything he/she will need to get started.

The cards are pre-loaded with the standard BlackCoin wallet, and the custom software I developed will automatically update the wallet client as needed. The end-user will never have to worry about downloading software and updates. Also, the blockchain is loaded on the card so the end-user can use the card on any PC without having to wait hours to download the entire blockchain. I do recommend that the card be inserted a few times a week to keep the blockchain fairly updated.

I also realized that the average individual needs to be tech savvy to use paper wallets, so I have eliminated the need for paper wallets. The cards can be used for both hot and cold storage!

Q: How do I use the card?

A: The user inserts the card into any Windows PC via the USB port. The start menu executes automatically and the end-user is presented with a wealth of information and options. The end-user can then transfer funds to the wallet software pre-loaded on the card as they would normally on their desktop. Once the funds are transferred and the wallet is encrypted, the end-user can take the card on the go.

Q: Can I use the BlackCoin card at my local store?

A: CEX Cards are not intended for point of sale transactions. They are intended as a "Cypto for Dummies" solution for the non techie. This is the first time the end user can  get started with crypto in just a few minutes without having to search the web for solutions. Also, the cards can be used as gift cards because they can be pre-loaded with BlackCoins and then given away to friends and family.  

The software I developed is dynamic and can be updated in real time. The software can remain up to date without having to update the core components. However, there is also functionality to update the entire application if needed. I will upload more photos after last minute tweaks are finished. Please note the tweaks do not affect shipping since the software that is pre-loaded on the cards updates automatically and does not have to be 100% perfect before shipping.

I need your help!!! Everyone has been asking for us to focus and get back on track. I am only one man and there isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want. Please take a few minutes and post the link to this announcement around the web. Post in every troll box on every exchange, IRC, Twitter, other forums, and everywhere else you can. We need to let the rest of the crypto-community know that this is just the beginning for BlackCoin and more is soon to come!!!

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This is the only coin I have hopes in succeeding Smiley, I have not read all these pages but I just wanted to drop in and say Good Luck.

Thanks... it's probably better you didn't read all these pages... but things seem to be looking at least a little brighter around here! Cheesy
Activity: 258
Chances are getting bigger. WC is down.
Activity: 700
This is the only coin I have hopes in succeeding Smiley, I have not read all these pages but I just wanted to drop in and say Good Luck.
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
Iconic-BC donated for Wall St.

Also

Blackcoin Instagram has been created!

@BlackCoinCrypto

Pics to go up daily (at peak times) and as per my conversation with Iconic, I'll be posting his wallet picture today.  Utilizing our board pictures, some visionary photography, and humor, we will push this to the social media mainstream.  Please follow and show your support.

This will happen daily, like BC will become a part of daily life. 

#BCLife

legendary
Activity: 2433
Merit: 1642
I thought I saw a tweet/post earlier today saying crypsy is the issue again?
Hey guys, what can we do to get more miners back to the multipool?

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

tell them about the KnC miner Compo !!!

Join the pool be an entrant!!
already back in with a few rented rigs and told others to do so.
even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

Agreed.  We need to get back to the basics - which were working fine - and end all the meaningless posturing and bickering on all sides.
Activity: 308

http://blackcoinpool.com/news/new-promotion-announced-knc-titan-miner-giveaway-250mhs-to-one-lucky-miner/

even if there might be days where a rented rig does not pay out at all i will try to provide ~10 MH/s per day since we really need that pool to be attractive. it can have the best efficiency in the wolrd, if someone sees a low miner/hash rate count they will hesitate.

Yeah my 8.7 MH/s is pointed there all the time since it came back up.  I think once it has paid out a few days in a row constant more people will come back.  It looks good on the poolpickr site

They need to work on the Pool's website, the fact that people cannot check their miner status, makes them not want to mine as well.

It's been a while since we heard any update about the pool, they should hurry up and finish it ASAP IMO

I'm back up in the pool but I haven't got any payment in my wallet yet since yesterday.

Same here - still shows as 'pending'... but I'm not worried, I figure they're just side tracked somewhat trying to roll out the V2 front-end or something.  Considering what's going on right now... a pool "payment-studder" is looking like a great day!  Wink

I'm back up in the pool but I haven't got any payment in my wallet yet since yesterday.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I'm wondering if there is someone out here that can make a professional youtube video for Blackcoin. Just like quark / bitcoin / peercoin have. But then in a more exclusive/classy way instead of too cartoonish.

I hereby donate 350 EUR / 490 USD to the first person that jumps in and can make one. Who's with me?

I will make the video! I have been making videos for 5yrs, I'm a beast with the adobe suite! I volunteer!

Hi guys. Thanks for the quick response. Here are some examples of video's I consider professional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao

Also make sure, that when making a professional video, there aren't made 3 differnt once by 3 different persons at the same time. So we need to make sure no-one else is working on a video atm. Else consider working together. I can't donate 3 times Smiley

If others want to help donating together with me, let me know Smiley
Merit: 500

Merit: 500
I love conspiracy theories!  Your ideas appeal to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Smiley
LOL i am not Jerry Fletcher, so no newsletter, sorry Wink
But i have seen strange things going on from the most obvious (yet sucessful) scams to some that were extremely well prepared.
It is not only the coins/crypto overall improving, the scammers tend to get better as well.
part of the WC scam COULD have been to hold BC down as much as possible to get more people involved with WC. only they guys around the old (and new, i'd bet a bit money on "them" being the same person) WC "dev" will know....
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
I am laughing to those WC shitcoin holders  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2433
Merit: 1642

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
So, how about we create a really nice and simple GUI and promote the coin in major cities with some stands where people can buy black coins and them give them a USB with the wallet software on it.

If you create a cool stand on a market somewhere with some text like, do you remember when Bitcoin was 12 cents a piece, well now theres blackcoin. Then explain the network is energy efficient and no miners are required for this coin. Just let people buy blackcoins for $10 or €10 and give them the USB with it. This way you can get allot of new people involved i guess?
So WC bombs and someone's driving the price down for BC. guess where the money from the upcoming giant WC dump is supposed to go.

I wouldn't really call a 400sat move over a few minutes "driving the price down", especially when there's almost no volume to speak of on either side, but it's definitely lighter on the buy-side .  Unless you are talking about a different exchange from Mintpal - in which case I'll shut my mouth. Smiley

Until the order book is more substantial I think we could see some dramatic swings in many coins... although obviously WC will likely be a bloodbath when/if it comes back.  Market movements (even amongst disparate properties) are contagious to some extent.  Rough waters ahead for a few hours perhaps.

I'm digging out some BTC paper wallets as we speak just in case. Smiley
(But I don't really expect anything too dramatic on the BC side - who knows... this might turn into a real bull-run as everyone flees shakier clone coins and returns to BC).
Well it is a bit conspiracy-theory - i did not only mean the lates price move on mintpal, but rather the "whole thing"  - the downward trend == price manipulation of BC started together with the whole WC scam and i would not be surprised if what we see now was exactly planned as it happened. There will be a few who get out of this mess with a lot of money...

...reaches for popcorn...

I love conspiracy theories!  Your ideas appeal to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Smiley

Although it seems unfathomable to me on some levels... However, the amount of childish behavior I've viewed on almost every thread on this site - and certainly this thread is no exception, but rather a prime example of that - it's actually not that hard to believe at all.  Undecided
Activity: 336
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
I'm wondering if there is someone out here that can make a professional youtube video for Blackcoin. Just like quark / bitcoin / peercoin have. But then in a more exclusive/classy way instead of too cartoonish.

I hereby donate 350 EUR / 490 USD to the first person that jumps in and can make one. Who's with me?

I will make the video! I have been making videos for 5yrs, I'm a beast with the adobe suite! I volunteer!
Jump to: