Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 434. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Warning regarding Iconic's misguided "Wall Street" plan:
The investment industry sees this type of thing he's planning (ie- hiring pretty, but likely clueless, women who really don't know what the hell they're peddling) as very gimmicky and very juvenile.
The investment industry in reality these days is not "Wolf of Wall Street" and is boring and cares only about two things: returns and playing by the SEC's rules. Investment professionals do due diligence using these simple 1-pagers (http://www.harborfunds.com/docs/international_fund_fact_sheet.pdf and this thing called a prospectus http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/HarborFunds/Fund.aspx?dt=SP&ts=HIINX.
SecondMarket realizes this and will have their public Bitcoin ETF up and running later this year after convincing investors and the SEC that Bitcoin not some gigantic, scammy, ponzi-scheme.
Secondmarket knows that the best way to legitimize Bitcoin for the general investment world is to get the regulators to okay it first and then market it as a returns-achieving security that is safe to hold in a high-risk portfolio.
With Iconic's plan you'll likely get another pump, followed by another dump, and overall nothing will have been achieved.

A better plan would be to send those donated BC's to the Blackcoin development team, with the intention of them starting Blackcoin on the path of ETF-creation or a BlackCoinPool Mining Investment Fund. This would be a huge endeavor and would require many expensive securities lawyers and potentially years of work and patience, however it would help the coin in the long-term versus Iconic's plan.
Hell, I would bet every Blackcoin I own that if the Blackcoin Developers made a simple news release that they were going to hire a securities law-firm to help them start on this long process of legitimizing Blackcoin for the investment industry, the price of Blackcoin would spike up higher than this plan of Iconic's, and, unlike Iconic's plan, the price would stay up because it is so unique and ballsy and would add ridiculous value to Blackcoin in the long-term.
Just my 2-cents.
Source: I work in the investment industry and read thousands of prospectuses, fact sheets, 10Q's, 10K's and annual reports, and I need to file a 13h and 13f.

JL

There' also some good ideas in this, but did you ask yourself this question:

Would you rather get thousands of "ordinary people" interested in BlackCoin, have them spread the word and let it go viral, or probably one/a handful of big investor who see(s) potential money in it FIRST?
Wouldn't a massive level of public awareness attract investors even more than "just another" advantage we do have in comparison to the current undisputed "leading crypto product" Bitcoin?

After all i thought we all want BlackCoin to be used as a currency and not "just" as a stock item. And that will only happen when the masses know about it.
Activity: 700

With Iconic's plan you'll likely get another pump, followed by another dump, and overall nothing will have been achieved.

If we set the new floor at 38K sats after the dump, I'd say job well done.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The investment industry sees this type of thing he's planning (ie- hiring pretty, but likely clueless, women who really don't know what the hell they're peddling) as very gimmicky and very juvenile.
The investment industry in reality these days is not "Wolf of Wall Street" and is boring and cares only about two things: returns and playing by the SEC's rules. Investment professionals do due diligence using these simple 1-pagers (http://www.harborfunds.com/docs/international_fund_fact_sheet.pdf and this thing called a prospectus http://hosted.rightprospectus.com/HarborFunds/Fund.aspx?dt=SP&ts=HIINX.
SecondMarket realizes this and will have their public Bitcoin ETF up and running later this year after convincing investors and the SEC that Bitcoin not some gigantic, scammy, ponzi-scheme.
Secondmarket knows that the best way to legitimize Bitcoin for the general investment world is to get the regulators to okay it first and then market it as a returns-achieving security that is safe to hold in a high-risk portfolio.

A better plan would be to send those donated BC's to the Blackcoin development team, with the intention of them starting Blackcoin on the path of ETF-creation or a BlackCoinPool Mining Investment Fund. This would be a huge endeavor and would require many expensive securities lawyers and potentially years of work and patience, however it would help the coin in the long-term versus Iconic's plan.
Hell, I would bet every Blackcoin I own that if the Blackcoin Developers made a simple news release that they were going to hire a securities law-firm to help them start on this long process of legitimizing Blackcoin for the investment industry, the price of Blackcoin would spike up higher than this plan of Iconic's, and, unlike Iconic's plan, the price would stay up because it is so unique and ballsy and would add ridiculous value to Blackcoin in the long-term.
Just my 2-cents.
Source: I work in the investment industry and read thousands of prospectuses, fact sheets, 10Q's, 10K's and annual reports, and I need to file a 13h and 13f.

JL

DUDE, KEEP CALM LOOK AT US AFTER WALL STREET!!!

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Just my 2-cents.

JL

Activity: 561
Institute of Advance Blockchain Research
== CoinDesk [@gateway/web/freenode/] has joined #blackcoinpool

Well thank you guys! We're doing pool research/community research for an upcoming Alt-Coin piece Smiley

We've done our reading on the Cards, pretty sleek. Do you feel businesses will soon be able to incorporate such technology in their day to day ? more so then lets say any other crypto method of payment?

how many of you actively use twitter and or follow and promote via Tweet ?

Do you guys feel you've made more believers out of the volatility of the BC market in relation to a lot of the other alts, or have lost believers due to volitility or B) large stake holders being able to drop unto the BlackShield ?

Thank you surestrike we have a dedicated staff making sure we can bring the best crypto news to the people, africanos brings a very true point which is why Btc for the forseeable future cant be used as transactionary means with such high volume between two said parties. And we will be waiting for the podcast before releasing our piece. So rest assured we will be sure to add any big news that hasn't been covered in this weeks

I'd like to thank you all for the gracious welcome! and glad to see that this is one of the most active #IRC

Soepkip a BC special will come out, as for the other 2 coins i can only say one will be burning rubber. But rest assured I'll be the one covering the BC article and will be following you guys very closely and will be sure to link MeetBlack in both articles.
another great day in crypto, and very much looking foward to the video podcast upcoming Smiley

For the many of us who may have not read the exciting news about
coindesk which will be during an article on BC

Reason why Coindesk matters is their one of the top legitimate Crypto News Source.

Blackcoin is the black sheep of the Crypro-world

We don't follow the rules, we make them
- IconicExpert
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Almost dead on prediction on April 30th at 0.12 cents :p

Pretty freaking impressive, considering that he made that prediction before the giant rise. Blackcoin was trading around 3 or 4 cents when he posted that. Let's hope some of the rest of that prediction holds true.  Grin
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
lol... this thread... shesh
Iconic, play this song out loud in Wall Street, my song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNv4x_RYt8

This is my only request Cheesy

LETS CONQUER WALL STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be us after we take over Wall Street!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at us after wall street!!

ROFL Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
i hate when BC stays still for a few days. i get antzy

This should help you with the anxiety...

Facts & Assumptions

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and I will respect any legitimate argument. However, it seems some facts have been forgotten and/or intentionally ignored.

1.) BlackCoin is less than 2 months old.
2.) It has gained 1440% in value since launching.
3.) BlackCoin is traded on over 17 exchanges and counting.
4.) Myself and a few others are working on some groundbreaking services/products that will help increase BlackCoin value.

As I stated above everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you feel BlackCoin doesn't have a future then respectfully you should sell, I will happily keep buying your coins. I support BlackCoin not because of emotion or naive optimism,  I support BlackCoin because of the developers, community, metrics, and it's future potential. Unfortunately many people who currently trade crypto-currrencies do not have much experience in trading, nor do they have a firm understating of crypto-currencies in general. October 1st 2013 Bitcoin was trading at $127.00, and by November 29th 2013 Bitcoin was trading at $1,109. That is a 773.23% gain, compared to BlackCoin 1440% gain.

Lets do some simple math and predictions based on history and conservative estimates. Based on March numbers lets estimate BlackCoin value will grow a steady 360% each month.

April 30: ¢0.12
May 31: $0.43
June 30: $1.54
July 31: $5.54
August 31: $19.94
September 30: $71.78
October 31: $258.40
November 30: $894.24
December 31: $3219.00

Now obviously the growth will not remain steady at 360% each month. Some months it will be more and some month it will be far less. Some months it will remain level.

So those of us who understand how the market works and realize BlackCoin is not just another Alt Coin will be smiling all the way to the Bank by the end of the year, while people who wanted quick cash will be asking themselves "WHYYYYYYYY"?  

Lets see if we can do the next target with the wall street event and we are at $0.43 by May 31. I am quite happy with the price, hell I was saying that $0.05 was a nice target. Why people is so depressed, I don't understand ... if we keep like this we will be at 3k usd by the end of the year Smiley.

Almost dead on prediction on April 30th at 0.12 cents :p
Activity: 336
Twitter: @Steven_McKie
Why BC's low prices Huh

FOR THAT WE CAN BUY CHEAPER !!!

BUY,BUY, BUY and HOLD, HOLD, HOLD

WALLSTREET IS COMMING TO BLACKCOIN!!!!

AND 50 SEXY GIRLS MY FRIEND!!!! 50!!!!!!!!

Sorry for quoting this, but -- whenever I read "AND 50 SEXY GIRLS MY FRIEND!!!! 50!!!!" I read it in an Arab New Yorker's accent? Lol

Read it as you want my friend!! 50!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Why BC's low prices Huh

Sorry for quoting this, but -- whenever I read "AND 50 SEXY GIRLS MY FRIEND!!!! 50!!!!" I read it in an Arab New Yorker's accent? Lol

Read it as you want my friend!! 50!!!!

Why BC's low prices Huh

I have been able to recover the wallet.dat file with McKie's assistance. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me posting the method that he described, for people who might run into the same problem in the future:

I just redownloaded mac wallet once again and it works just fine for me. I can remember now that I had similar problem with another coin and it was all about security settings. Check your config, maybe it helps.
My settings are

Followed this, and the Blackcoin-Qt v1.0.6.0 is still not opening. It doesn't come up with an error message anymore... instead it bounces in the dock once and that is it. Strange.

I've not received the 50BC, incase there was an error in sending.
Activity: 868
how much is 1000 ECFC worth?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Why BC's low prices Huh

Why BC's low prices Huh

Activity: 868
Why BC's low prices Huh

It's all relative. This is still very high compared to a month ago.
Try using the --rescan option
Make sure you backup your wallets too....
I have had a corrupted wallet being, reinstalling the application and using the --rescan option fixed it. I hope this helps you.

No worries! I already helped him fix it!  Grin
Did this actually work?

If it did Smiley
BTC: 1FpEXaV7SJvKPkMJ7axHvNQXWjPCQQE1ue
BC:BQVoQBDFLDFcZDSHgGZmVTvmWs8vgDkgTK

No No, I showed him the manual method to recover his .dat file
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Why BC's low prices Huh
Jump to: