Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 607. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 564
Merit: 500

I'm afraid the 30mil was misinformation. According to http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100, the top addresses hold 40,973,569.05. That's worse distribution than the ~39mil I posted last week. (You can see that easily in my tiny post history.)

well it depends on how much is held in exchanges.

there was over 3500 btc traded on minpal alone which is about 10 million blackcoin.

Across all exchanges you could probably assume that there is between 10-15 million on exchanges.

Stop sweating who owns what wealth currency coins is always going to b top heavy

The Wealth Distribution

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in a relatively few hands. As of 2010, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 35.4% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 53.5%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 89%, leaving only 11% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers). In terms of financial wealth (total net worth minus the value of one's home), the top 1% of households had an even greater share: 42.1%. Table 2 and Figure 1 present further details, drawn from the careful work of economist Edward N. Wolff at New York University (2012).
http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/wealth.html

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Why are people so worried about walls?  They take them down as soon as the price hits the wall, it's 100% to manipulate the market.  Just hold onto your coins and forget about looking at depth and walls, they mean nothing when you actually have time to take down your wall when the price hits.
Activity: 700
I sold. at 38000. will but on the down lo

Did you buy back?
Sell Wall @ 39000 down to 43 BTC already.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Where do I mine?

I have 3Mhsh to spare/point.

Should I buy another 1000BC?

http://blackcoinpool.com/

You should buy them if you feel comfy buying them, no one can tell you what's going to happen.
Activity: 238
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
Where do I mine?

I have 3Mhsh to spare/point.

Should I buy another 1000BC?

Ahhh, I think I finally fixed some bugs preventing IE from properly displaying and updating Blackchain info.

All IE users are welcome to try it out and give me some feedback.

Everyone else are welcome too of course.  Wink

Blackchain - Blackcoin blockchain explorer

That's a very nice Block Explorer !
I love the layout !
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
https://mywl.lt/voting/

And keep voting!

Nooooooo, that site is crap. Sign up for at www.coinkite.com with blackcoin support June 1st !!!
I wish I had something to say that was important enough for awesome pictures..  Sigh...
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip

I'm afraid the 30mil was misinformation. According to http://agran.net/bc_getbalance.php?top=100, the top addresses hold 40,973,569.05. That's worse distribution than the ~39mil I posted last week. (You can see that easily in my tiny post history.)

well it depends on how much is held in exchanges.

there was over 3500 btc traded on minpal alone which is about 10 million blackcoin.

Across all exchanges you could probably assume that there is between 10-15 million on exchanges.
Activity: 294
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
Activity: 238
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK - Update 12

MARKET MANIPULATION BY WHALES - GET BC OR KILL CONFIDENCE IN BC

This is a tiny market and can be manipulated by anyone holding 1000 BTC. If someone saw that this coin was going to succeed and wanted a piece of it then they could just fuck with it until enough psychological damage is done to buy all the coins cheap. In the end it will all payout.

Second scenario would be if I want my copy-cat coin to succeed and had enough funding behind it, I could kill this coin and let mine flourish...

What can you do to protect this coin?

Take all of your coins out of the market... dry up the supply and don't let anyone touch your coins. In my view there is no other solution unless you are big whale and willing to pay-up the price now and try to control the market This will be nearly impossible with rising prices making it an impossible uphill battle of the rich. Much easier to crush the price now before it goes up.  In Bitcoin we have seen this battle causing the mining frenzy with has increased the difficulty beyond imagination. In this coin the war is now and here.. cannot mine it anymore. Although I have not considered that an exponential Multipool could cause the same effect as Bitcoin.

With few coins in the market the price will be easier to control.

Ok maybe I have paranoia but this is an UN-regulated market and anything can happen. If the future of crypt-currency rides in unregulated markets then we should be very suspicious of manipulation since this is possible even in the regulated markets...

Any way enough of my paranoia bla bla bla...

Here is the order book as of 15 minutes ago.

Buy-Black

Buy-Black, with all due respect, chillax. You are being overly paranoid here. While a whale or two can easily move the market in the short-term, we are simply following the standard protocol for a post-bubble pop in the longer-term.
As you can see with what the NASDAQ did in the past 20 years, we are basically following the same thing.
Also stop watching the worthless market depth. It's only good and useful in fast markets, NOT in these slow markets. All you're basically doing is large-fonted spam at the moment.

JL

JL: I respect your opinion but I am not trying to large-font spam!  This is just my opinion ATM.
buy-black's last post is making me a bit nervous.  I am not sure if I should invest more today or wait.  Which would be better for the coin long term?

Long term? Always buy now. Short term - Sure it can go up and down. You could always buy 50% now and buy more later. Another strategy.
Activity: 462
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK - Update 12

MARKET MANIPULATION BY WHALES - GET BC OR KILL CONFIDENCE IN BC

This is a tiny market and can be manipulated by anyone holding 1000 BTC. If someone saw that this coin was going to succeed and wanted a piece of it then they could just fuck with it until enough psychological damage is done to buy all the coins cheap. In the end it will all payout.

Second scenario would be if I want my copy-cat coin to succeed and had enough funding behind it, I could kill this coin and let mine flourish...

What can you do to protect this coin?

Take all of your coins out of the market... dry up the supply and don't let anyone touch your coins. In my view there is no other solution unless you are big whale and willing to pay-up the price now and try to control the market This will be nearly impossible with rising prices making it an impossible uphill battle of the rich. Much easier to crush the price now before it goes up.  In Bitcoin we have seen this battle causing the mining frenzy with has increased the difficulty beyond imagination. In this coin the war is now and here.. cannot mine it anymore. Although I have not considered that an exponential Multipool could cause the same effect as Bitcoin.

With few coins in the market the price will be easier to control.

Ok maybe I have paranoia but this is an UN-regulated market and anything can happen. If the future of crypt-currency rides in unregulated markets then we should be very suspicious of manipulation since this is possible even in the regulated markets...

Any way enough of my paranoia bla bla bla...

Here is the order book as of 15 minutes ago.

Buy-Black

Buy-Black, with all due respect, chillax. You are being overly paranoid here. While a whale or two can easily move the market in the short-term, we are simply following the standard protocol for a post-bubble pop in the longer-term.
As you can see with what the NASDAQ did in the past 20 years, we are basically following the same thing.
Also stop watching the worthless market depth. It's only good and useful in fast markets, NOT in these slow markets. All you're basically doing is large-fonted spam at the moment.

JL
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
I bought at 47, and still holding onto them.

It'll go back right up, soon or later.
buy-black's last post is making me a bit nervous.  I am not sure if I should invest more today or wait.  Which would be better for the coin long term?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
ITS THE TUG OF WHALES LOL
CRYPTOCURRENCY "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" REFERENCE BOOK

I have written the two preliminary pages for Blackcoin BC.  I need help from the Blackcoin Community in order to complete the Miscellaneous section, suggest historical events for BC so far and anything I have missed in the specification.  I want important points included.  Any further suggestions are welcome.  Please consider donating towards the future publication of the book.  I expect it to be published in the summer.

Donation address:   BPNq8NC4BRvyKnaz6SQKHwXq2yz6Cbcrpc

Add the ISO symbol: BLK

Should talk about multipool and max hash/s. Talk about record max transaction volume of 8300+?

Edit: Oops - Look like you have that already. Smiley First coin to have 8 hour stake with infinite coin age?

Talk about coinkite and huge donation from MintPal 50,000 BC worth twice as much as now?
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
CRYPTOCURRENCY "THE ALT-ERNATIVE" REFERENCE BOOK

I have written the two preliminary pages for Blackcoin BC.  I need help from the Blackcoin Community in order to complete the Miscellaneous section, suggest historical events for BC so far and anything I have missed in the specification.  I want important points included.  Any further suggestions are welcome.  Please consider donating towards the future publication of the book.  I expect it to be published in the summer.

Donation address:   BPNq8NC4BRvyKnaz6SQKHwXq2yz6Cbcrpc

Jump to: