Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 675. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an URGENT and HORRIFYING announcement.

The Blackcoin subreddit has yet to breach 1,000 subscribers.

JOIN THE SUBREDDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin

984 Strong. 16 more to break 1,000.

I'm very proud of our progress on this. Over 500 new users have joined the Blackcoin subreddit in just 8 days. The best part is that these aren't just numbers - we've seen a huge amount of activity and discussion, and even some great new ideas to build value for Blackcoin! Blackcoin commmunity, it is time to break 1,000 here.

Cannnnnnooonnnballllllll
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Looks like 45k is holding up nicely as a floor of support for us.
Activity: 294
I'm very concerned about scrypt asics. Knc titan will deliver 250mhz of scrypt which basically kills gpu mining. Is the any way we can prevent this from destroying the BC pool?

Buy a titan and point it at the pool... then sell or game on your GPUs Smiley
No they won't ship them until they have mined all the profits for themselves.  ASICs are the biggest scam in crypto.
Activity: 392
I'm very concerned about scrypt asics. Knc titan will deliver 250mhz of scrypt which basically kills gpu mining. Is the any way we can prevent this from destroying the BC pool?

Buy a titan and point it at the pool... then sell or game on your GPUs Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 516

GPU miners on the pool will be able to mine x11 and probably other algos soon. We'll have our own KNC titans on there before too long.
Activity: 392
If we cap 1 wallet.dat = 1 mil BC would that help with security ?

No, people can always just set up more wallets...

Actually he is correct (although I still think it's a non-issue really).  Multiple wallets would not stake at the same time nor the same amount - so that would prevent control.

Although that's not as much of an issue anyway.  In order for a PoS 51% attack to even have a tiny prayer of being successful the "over-stake" would have to be in the same address not just the same wallet.  So I think we can shelve those concerns until you see a single address on the 100-richest list that controls 10M+ BC at a minimum... and really until one has 15M+ it's not likely.

Even the largest exchange cold wallet addresses have 3M or less in each (which would not be nearly enough at this point).  In addition - based on my observation of staking - a wallet that was incrementally grown to a large size would not work.  The entire amount would have to be transferred in at once, to a single address, in order for the coin age to all be the same and therefore to stake all at once.

I could be wrong about that, but that's the behavior I observe.  So even if there was an attempt to double-spend... it would become obvious to anyone observing the blockchain long before it was viable.
Activity: 140
Agreed. Anything that has the ability to go viral = win for the coin and for all involved. I think that, or something kind of 'out there' like that, could grab a lot of attention.

Yesterday I suggested in IRC that we make some crop circles of the Blackcoin logo all over the world, and then let the news figure it out. Crop circles can be made by a few people in one night. Everyone seemed to like the idea.

Okay, maybe that's not a serous suggestion...  Cheesy But I think if everyone tried to think creatively about promoting Blackcoin then we'd come up with some awesome ideas.

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
Activity: 308
Does anyone knows of a online dropshipping website were you can create custom tees mugs and stuff to sell in a webstore?
Activity: 210
Agreed. Anything that has the ability to go viral = win for the coin and for all involved. I think that, or something kind of 'out there' like that, could grab a lot of attention.

exactly, that's also how doge community got so much exposure, with charity, Nascar etc..

+1

Agreed, the exposure is what we need if there is a give away, better overall for everyone. Heck, give someone famous a BC wallet loaded with $10,000  in BC on it, and try to get some endorsement.

That's what I'd do with a giveaway.

exactly, that's also how doge community got so much exposure, with charity, Nascar etc..
★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★
not bad of an idea IMO

10.000$ could also be a very big marketing campaign, adds, commercial etc.. to get more exposure.

and this will make EVERYONE win, not just a single person that goes away with a prize.

If the value goes up, everyone wins
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Just think out one marketing activity for BC. Now BC dev team prepares a Titan which worth 9995USD as prize to the lucky miner, I think out another alternative way may be better.

You guys must heard about Playboy accept BTC couple days ago, looks like they're an open-minded media. I suggest, the BC dev team can use BC or BTC to  buy some activity from Playboy, for example, one opportunity to have dinner with a playboy lady. Use it as a prize to a lucky miner, who win it can take a dinner with a sexy lady.

I guess most miners are single IT guy, this prize should be interesting and attractive to them. What's more, the behavior itself is an advertisement to BC and Playboy, I believe many other media will report it.

How do you guys think? If you guys think it's good I'll email to the BC team. The community can donate for it.
I am maintaining constant contact with the bitcoiners community in Brazil.

I ask kindly include another store that accepts Blackcoin. this store is in BRAZIL.
Grin

http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/

Greetings from Brazil

Blackcoin will win the world and acceptance of most traders, let´s keep our focus at  the job, and stop talking shitcoin here!!!

Hi send a message to Soepkip along with a thumbnail (400x400 or larger squared). He will add to blackcoin merchants! Thanks for supporting Cheesy

Please can you send the message to Soekip? I do not quite understand what you say, sorry.

Guys look at this, it seems scam or clearance sale?

http://www.coinmelan.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=4rbJp2SAx4GqetuOR077O3  

BTC very cheap !!!! Grin, is it a scammer?

Cheap indeed,

and total FAKE

the real one is https://www.coinmelon.com

https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org current you can verify
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
#closing in on page 1100 so soon, three months from now we will be past 3k i will be looking back in time to see this post. i <3 future me

EDIT: If i sell before then well i
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I ask kindly include another store that accepts Blackcoin. this store is in BRAZIL.
Grin

Greetings from Brazil

Blackcoin will win the world and acceptance of most traders, let´s keep our focus at  the job, and stop talking shitcoin here!!!

Hi send a message to Soepkip along with a thumbnail (400x400 or larger squared). He will add to blackcoin merchants! Thanks for supporting Cheesy

Please can you send the message to Soepkip? I do not quite understand what you say, sorry.

Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io
Iconic, good to see you again. Just placed an order for two BlackCoin cards.  Smiley

Thank you Smiley...It is the holiday weekend and I usually spend time with my family over the weekend. I will be back being active Monday morning...  Smiley

Iconic

I think we need to do even more advertising of BC.

If Dogecoin got themselves in sports events, Nascar etc.. why not BC?? Imagine a black BC Nascar chasing a Dogecoin Nascar on the track that would be SO EPIC!

We should also let ourselves known in charity.

Sure. Give it a go. Make a plan. Get it going. Enough ppl who will support and donate....
Activity: 882
Merit: 517
cloverdex.io

Grin

Greetings from Brazil

Blackcoin will win the world and acceptance of most traders, let´s keep our focus at  the job, and stop talking shitcoin here!!!

Jump to: