Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 82. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Strasis is only a few months old. It'd be nice to reach their market cap (BLK would be $1.25 at that point) but I wouldn't be attaching too much value to such a young coin, especially one that hasn't seen it's first real pump spike yet.  

Which is no indictment of the coin though. I don't know what it is or does.

Actually, at the Stratis market cap BLK would be $12.6.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Strasis is only a few months old. It'd be nice to reach their market cap (BLK would be $1.25 at that point) but I wouldn't be attaching too much value to such a young coin, especially one that hasn't seen it's first real pump spike yet.  

Which is no indictment of the coin though. I don't know what it is or does.
Activity: 187
Merit: 20
This coin is not really marketed well. It has not seen steady and healthy growth yet. You should learn something from stratis and improve your marketing.  Even PINK is doing better than you. If you got better PoS tech than others, you got to reach to more and more people. People are using your coin for small day trading, very few long term investors are interested in this coin.

You are not completely wrong about this, especially since Stratis is but a copycat of Blackcoin and the real development of Blackcoin's PoS lays in this project and not in Stratis. Just Stratis had better marketing so more people thrown their money at them.

Blackcoin is the humble one that doesn't go too bold about what it can and what it holds. However as more people get interested into Blackcoin, there is a good possibility, that also marketing becomes better, since Blackcoin is not driven by a company but entirely by it's community of free, voluntary members who invested time, money and effort into the project just because they like it.

And looking at Stratis' current price shows how undervalued Blackcoin really is, since Stratis' whole advantage is a better marketing, not a better technology.

However I don't know what you mean with PINK. Their marketcap is half of the marketcap of Blackcoin.

Easiest benefit to promote to cryptocurrency users is securing your own blockchain and gaining the rewards that normally go to miners.

Honestly, maybe an ad campaign on PoW forums and subreddits would be a good place to start.

Could we not run a fundraising for such an ad on reddit? Maybe Gritt could provide an address where the community can send money to for this?
Activity: 7
Hi, can wait for the next Blackcoin bounty, stage on
Activity: 54
This coin is not really marketed well. It has not seen steady and healthy growth yet. You should learn something from stratis and improve your marketing.  Even PINK is doing better than you. If you got better PoS tech than others, you got to reach to more and more people. People are using your coin for small day trading, very few long term investors are interested in this coin.

My assumption is, that BLK simply does not want to 'sell out' and not being part of scams or pure 'marketing coins'. This is a good thinking and probably also one of the reasons why BLK in difference to a lot old coins still exists. Plus there is developement. The drawback is, that this usually goes with the less marketing and less official statements whats going on. It is a mixed situation.
I do believe in BLK if they change brand or not. The potential is there and if the team is able to spread the word and bring it in some places where it can be actual used like for micro payments, quick payments and so on, it will be also more profitable.

Long story short, a bit more marketing, without sellout, about the features and spreading the word is maybe the only thing missing here.

Marketing is good for BLK for the Exchanges and Investors, but 'Real World' use it what I feel Alt-Cryptos need to get popularity.
A prepaid BLK visa card ? BLK gift cards ? Brick & Mortars accepting BLK ? PayPal acceptance ?
I don't know where the answer is, but I am waiting.

Anyone willing to make a T-Shirt for me ?
" I Accept BlackCoin" would be cool ?

Easiest benefit to promote to cryptocurrency users is securing your own blockchain and gaining the rewards that normally go to miners.

Honestly, maybe an ad campaign on PoW forums and subreddits would be a good place to start.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101

My assumption is, that BLK simply does not want to 'sell out' and not being part of scams or pure 'marketing coins'. This is a good thinking and probably also one of the reasons why BLK in difference to a lot old coins still exists. Plus there is developement. The drawback is, that this usually goes with the less marketing and less official statements whats going on. It is a mixed situation.
I do believe in BLK if they change brand or not. The potential is there and if the team is able to spread the word and bring it in some places where it can be actual used like for micro payments, quick payments and so on, it will be also more profitable.

Long story short, a bit more marketing, without sellout, about the features and spreading the word is maybe the only thing missing here.

Marketing is good for BLK for the Exchanges and Investors, but 'Real World' use it what I feel Alt-Cryptos need to get popularity.
A prepaid BLK visa card ? BLK gift cards ? Brick & Mortars accepting BLK ? PayPal acceptance ?
I don't know where the answer is, but I am waiting.

Anyone willing to make a T-Shirt for me ?
" I Accept BlackCoin" would be cool ?
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
This coin is not really marketed well. It has not seen steady and healthy growth yet. You should learn something from stratis and improve your marketing.  Even PINK is doing better than you. If you got better PoS tech than others, you got to reach to more and more people. People are using your coin for small day trading, very few long term investors are interested in this coin.

Activity: 2
This coin is not really marketed well. It has not seen steady and healthy growth yet. You should learn something from stratis and improve your marketing.  Even PINK is doing better than you. If you got better PoS tech than others, you got to reach to more and more people. People are using your coin for small day trading, very few long term investors are interested in this coin.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Congrats! We're gaining community and volume.  Our 24 hour low continues to rise daily and we're beginning the close the price gap between USD/CNY prices.  I'm very excited for BlackCoin. I'm sad that I used to own 50k in 2014:( But happy to be holding 10k and growing.
Here's some stats from faucethub.io.

2 days ago, we added BLK and there have been 79061 claims in total.
There's a total of 20 faucets already and we think it'll be close to 100 by the end of this month.
A total of 2985 BLK addresses have been linked.

More and more people are getting involved with BLK coin.

Wow that's great news
Congrats!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
Here's some stats from faucethub.io.

2 days ago, we added BLK and there have been 79061 claims in total.
There's a total of 20 faucets already and we think it'll be close to 100 by the end of this month.
A total of 2985 BLK addresses have been linked.

More and more people are getting involved with BLK coin.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Good times are coming, Get yourself ready guys it's happening
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
again sorry im unsure..
what ever happened to the amazing multipool by BLK
the one that people would mine alts and then auto sell them for buyin blk...is it still around?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/69epqm/bringing_back_the_multipool/dhlfhhw/
aww,
but im happy how he responded...respect

so wierd, im not the only one feeling this...
nobody told me ...i just felt it, like many many others , and here we all are
it must be....

The Black Magic  Cheesy Cheesy

The blackcoin multipool really was an amazing thing. Maybe if we can get on a more reliable altcoin exchange than poloniex we can talk about bringing it back again.

Ah, I miss the time when coins were pumping on the mere news that there would be a multipool for them. Most newbs probably don't even know what a multipool is.

Those times are not so long ago and were basically dominated by scammers and their shitcoins.

Btw there is still a multipool that cash out in BLK: Prohashing, it lets you payout in any coin you want, including BLK.
Dedicated blackcoinpool would be better of course, as it focusses mining power on Blackcoin, but at least it's something.

say whaaaaa lol

kl thanks m8, ill check it out  Smiley
Activity: 117
Was resycing my BLK wallet (3 years behind....) a few days ago; 0.22 coins left Tongue

Quickly solved the coin amount after I figured that out, BLK seems to have a future.

again sorry im unsure..
the one that people would mine alts and then auto sell them for buyin blk...is it still around?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/69epqm/bringing_back_the_multipool/dhlfhhw/
aww,

it must be....

The blackcoin multipool really was an amazing thing. Maybe if we can get on a more reliable altcoin exchange than poloniex we can talk about bringing it back again.

Ah, I miss the time when coins were pumping on the mere news that there would be a multipool for them. Most newbs probably don't even know what a multipool is.

Those times are not so long ago and were basically dominated by scammers and their shitcoins.

Btw there is still a multipool that cash out in BLK: Prohashing, it lets you payout in any coin you want, including BLK.
Dedicated blackcoinpool would be better of course, as it focusses mining power on Blackcoin, but at least it's something.
Activity: 73
again sorry im unsure..

aww,

it must be....

Activity: 141
Is there a chance to add BLK to coinone.co.kr or bithumb.com ?

These two exchanges pump lange volume or KRW (Korean Wong) into Ethereum for example. Blackcoin has a good cummunity in China, this coin would work in South Korea, too.
We are on Polo / Bittrex, why not South Korea.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
People are in love with potential technology. They love to talk about this new coin that cures cancer, beats Kasparov at checkers or sends refugees to Mars or whatever. That's what drives speculation and gambling. It's a horse race. 

It used to be bother me. But these days it seems that coins with strong yet simple value proposals will outlast all the hype. They attract a different kind of people.
BLK is the best coin of all
but marketcap is low  , dont know why
and other scam or shitcoin high than BLK...

Because people still throw their money on hypes. And the next ICO, if hyped enough, collects 34 million in under one minute (BAT). That's almost twice the marketcap of BLK. In less than one minute.

Sadly people rather discuss hypes than technology. There is a lack of discussion about the technology certain alt coins use. It's pros and its cons, it's security advantages and it's risks. To make the coins a better alternative (as in alt-coin) to BTC and improve the technology further. Today it's more about who shills in the brightest colors than who runs the best technology.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Bitcoin was originally made to move away from an external agency having full control over our currency. And what did we get? Miners behaving like they're the Federal Reserve of crypto.  

Blackcoin is what Bitcoin was always meant to be. PoW is merely the first attempt at self-governance, but times have changed and people want self-governance now. True autonomy.  

Rather than constantly escalating the price of mining equipment and the ongoing electrical cost of mining Bitcoin, we have the opportunity to go in the opposite direction.

Right now it costs about $20 for a raspberry pi and about $0.02 in electricity per day to mine Blackcoin. Computing equipment only gets cheaper and more efficient every year, so it should only improve going forward. Making mining accessible to everyone is the path to a truly decentralized cryptocurrency network, wherever they happen to be from.
300K BLK can mined 10 BLK /DAY?

not in my experience...
2000BLK can mine 1.5BLK every 2 days (YMMV)
Pages:
Jump to: