Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 84. (Read 2509934 times)

legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
Kick back, relax, and watch the entire world realise that PoW is dead.
Not a lot of sell orders....Might move soon....
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Kick back, relax, and watch the entire world realise that PoW is dead.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
trading black coin is a no brainer buy a few on the lows if you can and hold easy profits 10-20% short term.. longer term yes agree 40k is nothing to reach..
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Looking for shmexy coins!
For people who don't follow the Blackcoin Reddit or Twitter, here's the press release for the upcoming Blackcoin Lore wallet:

"Blackcoin Announces Imminent Launch of 'Blackcoin Lore'
by Colin Sullivan | May 30, 2017 | Technology, Press Releases

A significant development in Blackcoin technology paves the way for 'smart contract potential'

BLACKCOIN, HQ – May 23, 2017 –Blackcoin announces the release date of their much-anticipated software update via their official Twitter channel @Coinblack. The update will incorporate Blackcoin's own open source code development with Bitcoin core technology including key components from Bitcoin Core version 0.12. Making Blackcoin Lore the first proof of stake [POS] digital currency to implement such technology and is expected to improve the overall performance of Blackcoin in a variety of ways.

One key historic use case for Blackcoin is its fast transfer and verification speeds. With Lore these speeds improve, reducing verification times by 50% and up to a maximum of 5x faster than the previous version under certain conditions. Of late, wallet synchronization times have ballooned from several hours to up to a day or more. The update will address this inconvenience by markedly reducing blockchain synchronization time which is hoped to greatly improve user adoption. POS 2.0, previously at the core of Blackcoin’s technology, has been completely renovated and replaced by Blackcoin POS. Advancements in security, stability and the elimination of bugs such as heartbleed are all key components to this update.

Perhaps most intriguingly, the update creates an opportunity for Blackcoin to build a platform for smart contracts on the Blackcoin blockchain; an idea that has tantalized the developers of Blackcoin for years. “As the first Proof of Stake cryptocurrency to adopt Bitcoin Core 0.12, Blackcoin is now compatible with many important blockchain innovations and has the potential to benefit from things like Joinmarket and Blockstack; both of which play a role in our long-term roadmap" said Blackcoin, software engineer, Jan Junno [Janko33]. When asked about what this update means for Blackcoin, developer, Josh Bouw stated that broadly “This development helps Blackcoin shed its past identity and shows that it is not just competitive, but a market leader in Proof of Stake technology.” Blackcoin Lore is expected to be released on Blackcoin's official website at blackcoin.co in the next few days and will be compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems with a MacOS release shortly thereafter.
About Blackcoin:

BlackCoin is the original proof of stake based digital currency and offering lightning fast transfer speeds on a transparent, peer-to-peer distributed, decentralized public ledger. Blackcoin was created in 2014 and is accepted and traded on more than a dozen online exchanges.

Source: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WmVAF0tYcbRXdjYW56X2hTR1E/view"
WOW
crypto needs BLK, it needs the BLK team, these guys are innovators...
only 20 or so coins have led the way for almost half a decade...creating and fixing...never giving up...BLK is def in the top 10 for me
BLK you guys are AWESOME
hard work ...will pay off
Thanks BLK team  Smiley

BLK is bound to go again over 40k.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
- WOW -

I see this coin back raise back to 30 cent. If we see 32, 34 cent -> moon.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
For people who don't follow the Blackcoin Reddit or Twitter, here's the press release for the upcoming Blackcoin Lore wallet:

A significant development in Blackcoin technology paves the way for 'smart contract potential'

BLACKCOIN, HQ – May 23, 2017 –Blackcoin announces the release date of their much-anticipated software update via their official Twitter channel @Coinblack. The update will incorporate Blackcoin's own open source code development with Bitcoin core technology including key components from Bitcoin Core version 0.12. Making Blackcoin Lore the first proof of stake [POS] digital currency to implement such technology and is expected to improve the overall performance of Blackcoin in a variety of ways.

One key historic use case for Blackcoin is its fast transfer and verification speeds. With Lore these speeds improve, reducing verification times by 50% and up to a maximum of 5x faster than the previous version under certain conditions. Of late, wallet synchronization times have ballooned from several hours to up to a day or more. The update will address this inconvenience by markedly reducing blockchain synchronization time which is hoped to greatly improve user adoption. POS 2.0, previously at the core of Blackcoin’s technology, has been completely renovated and replaced by Blackcoin POS. Advancements in security, stability and the elimination of bugs such as heartbleed are all key components to this update.

Perhaps most intriguingly, the update creates an opportunity for Blackcoin to build a platform for smart contracts on the Blackcoin blockchain; an idea that has tantalized the developers of Blackcoin for years. “As the first Proof of Stake cryptocurrency to adopt Bitcoin Core 0.12, Blackcoin is now compatible with many important blockchain innovations and has the potential to benefit from things like Joinmarket and Blockstack; both of which play a role in our long-term roadmap" said Blackcoin, software engineer, Jan Junno [Janko33]. When asked about what this update means for Blackcoin, developer, Josh Bouw stated that broadly “This development helps Blackcoin shed its past identity and shows that it is not just competitive, but a market leader in Proof of Stake technology.” Blackcoin Lore is expected to be released on Blackcoin's official website at blackcoin.co in the next few days and will be compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems with a MacOS release shortly thereafter.
About Blackcoin:

BlackCoin is the original proof of stake based digital currency and offering lightning fast transfer speeds on a transparent, peer-to-peer distributed, decentralized public ledger. Blackcoin was created in 2014 and is accepted and traded on more than a dozen online exchanges.

WOW
crypto needs BLK, it needs the BLK team, these guys are innovators...
only 20 or so coins have led the way for almost half a decade...creating and fixing...never giving up...BLK is def in the top 10 for me
BLK you guys are AWESOME
hard work ...will pay off
Thanks BLK team  Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad

About Blackcoin:

Chart looks good, news look good. Count me in. Bought 20k for fun.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

About Blackcoin:

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Is it true that stratis is based off blackcoin?

Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/7qmIWGv.png

100s of other altcoins are as well for that matter.

Would it be a selling point for BLK if we started tracking & listing all of the coins that are based off BLK ?

I think it would be pretty neat to have a PoS-only version of coinmarketcap. Would be interesting to track their marketcaps vs one another.
Activity: 427
Merit: 252

Yes.

Would it be a selling point for BLK if we started tracking & listing all of the coins that are based off BLK ?

Well it should be relatively easy to see which projects forked the BLK github, but many many didn't and only left clues like the Chinese translation for Blackcoin in their code to try and obfuscate their origins. Many have already removed those too. It might be a lot of mucking about but anyone can give it a go.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101

Yes.

Yes.

Is there a table or chart showing Blackcoin's supply in the following years?

Each block creates 1.5 new BLK.

A block happens every 64 seconds.

Taking leap years into account (1.5 / 64 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365.25) means that the supply grows at approximately 739,631.25 BLK per year. Inflation percentage of total supply therefore goes down a little each year. Right now there are 76,165,085 BLK in circulation. In one year there will be around 76,904,716.25 BLK, a growth of about 0.97%.

Here's an illustration of what that means over 30 years from now. We'll be just shy of 100m BLK by then:

Here's the supply figures: http://imgur.com/a/JO6Co

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
BLK looking solid  Cool

has anyone tried recently to ask the dev team on slack for an OP update here?
if they dont get back to us, its kl...

i wouldnt want to , but we could start a brand new ann...fresh..if everyone else thinks we should

with all the magic of the BLK Blackcoin and its cool features, smart contracts and all.

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Can someone Please put more then 5 seconds time on the announcement page, i.e. Page 1 ?!?
I think were being way to humble and have a lot more to say then whats been posted, seriously!?!

Again first impressions would tell me this coin has nothing going on, when in fact a lot is going on...just not posted here...

I know I know, ya'll moved to reddit but not everyone likes that hipster millennial hangout, especially now they censor for the elite's.

Everything else you guys do looks f'ing awesome, but that first page is just weak.

I hope IE didnt taint you guys that bad?!? (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named)

What am I saying, everyone left right after 8(

Well, not everything is going on reddit. Most activity is on slack atm

Ahh, FotM Tongue

I'm just saying (and have always been saying) this forum is where IT'S at. Sadly its been kicked to the side of the road for what seems like "years" now.
ANYONE interested in cryptos (which we are trying to include the world in this) will never and I mean "NEVER" end up on slack. Guaranteed Fact!
Google it and see. No results = No new visitors/interest

They will most likely find this forum though, and if for some crazy lucky reason doing research find this posting it will read poorly from the under selling first posting.
Its almost as if you say the words Black Coin everyone is suppose to know all the cool shit happening or something.... they don't.

I'm not saying don't use slack. I'm saying don't use exclusive sites, post news/events here, talk here, update here, stop ignoring the most important forum we have.

Love the coin, love Rat and PoW. We have an awesome Dev's (much love), I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Lets just fully utilize the tools at hand imo and stop dwelling on the past i.e. IE (I lost several thousand)

we agree ...

in fact - slack doesnt work properly on our linux systems ( yes - we use fedora 25 x64 workstation systems - NOT windows vulnerable / infected / insecure os ) ... so we steer away from ALL slack sites and systems ... considering that slack is completely centralized and server controlled anyway - one would think they would have FULL compatability with ALL os out there ...

in anycase - the fact you pointed to it being a system that is pretty much closed to the majority of crypto users is a point that is well received ... everyone is asking for slack - why? ... its not that great ... we use skype - another centralized server based system owned by the biggest money makers ( microsoft ) - but it WORKS on ALL platforms ... so we use it - personally and company wide ... slack is not even on our radar ...

ive posted here many times - that blk holds a soft spot with us - and we would be happy to help in what ways we could ... but we have had no contact - no connection - no echo of a reach out from rat or anyone else in this regard ...

so be it ... we will not force the issue ...

the original pool system and conversion scripts we would be very interested in resurrecting - but again - legion NEVER contacted us - EVER ...

again - so be it ...

#crysx
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
black coin has huge news, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBG7kcZU0AAfwjk.jpg:large

wallet update allows for development of smart contract on the block chain, and block stack which is decentralized internet and joint market which is btc privacy features..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4Tv8iEsOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WveXpldGGa8

Thats some F'en Great News!

i  100% agree scoob
i only came here because i had memories of BLK and then saw how cheap it was...i bought a little bit, then came back here asked a few questions and one was about smart contracts...
then a day later one of the guys here said...yes there is smart contracts in blk, lol...
i was very very surprised and then decided to research more and found so much cool stuff about blackhalo and nightrader..
that was it, i was back in Black lol  
 over summer we will see more life here....this thread is still getting over 500views per day , pretty gd
update the OP, links to all the useful stuff, a bit more dev update and interaction with the btctalk blk community and we will be back on track
this is the perfect time to stock up on blk, before the herd of sheep come because they cant afford a pos node on eth
Love it my friend...back in black indeed!

I think we should make it a Back in Black Summer!?!! HELL YEA!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
Could someone who's in charge for translations/Chinese community pass this text over to Chinese thread(s)?

从现在开始,我们的200k +注册用户将能够通过我们的微型电脑(https://faucethub.io)创建,索赔和接收BLK硬币。

这将有望在市场上创造更多的流动性,因为启动BLK水龙头的水龙头业主将需要通过信任的交易所购买BLK。 我推荐以下内容:

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_blk

现在,BLK硬币在faucethub.io上添加的原因很简单。

这是一个PoS硬币。
PoS比PoW更环保,它的algo允许用户加强网络,同时每年占总硬币的1-5%。
这些年来BLK硬币一直是最具创新性的PoS硬币,这也是我们比其他PoS硬币更适合添加它的主要原因。

如果您认为您愿意捐赠,请随时将BLK发送到以下地址:
B8sqm2qKvCaLqsCPgkW4qKCfg1MR8vB3Mz(所有硬币将进入BLK硬币营销,我们不会保留任何东西)

到月球,
https://faucethub.io
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
black coin has huge news, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBG7kcZU0AAfwjk.jpg:large

wallet update allows for development of smart contract on the block chain, and block stack which is decentralized internet and joint market which is btc privacy features..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_4Tv8iEsOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WveXpldGGa8

Woah, that's great news!

Smart contracts in a PoS coin!

Now BLK will be able to create value on top of its value  Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: