Author

Topic: [ANN] Blacknet | IBO for BlackCoin | New code | PoS | No ICO - page 926. (Read 2509934 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
How many people here are thinking what I'm thinking...

I should have bought more 3 hours ago/yesterday/last week

Tongue
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Price of BC is to the another galaxy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
donno! Maybe we see the bigest market manipulation ever happend in crypto world or God gives us a sign!  Cheesy Grin

THIS IS MADNESS!

I was a part of the Quark madness. Take a look at how that skyrocketed up. This seems to be doing the same thing and it's a bit unsettling because of the potential for a crash.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
donno! Maybe we see the bigest market manipulation ever happend in crypto world or God gives us a sign!  Cheesy Grin

THIS IS MADNESS!
Activity: 267
Woodwallets.io
That mining would exist with or without blackcoin, and blackcoin is not contributing any additional mining of its own.
Ah really? Miners and mining resources goes where profit is, without thinking too much what they are actually mining. There are sooo many people right now mining "BTC" just to get paid in BC.
As you know, mining BTC without an ASIC now is pretty much useless. Now thanks to BC it makes sense again. Thats more electricity, not less .

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just trolling here.

Trolling for what?  I'm holding several BC and i'm one of the few merchants listed on blackcoin.co here Wink I like this coin and I don't want the community to get too enthusiastic on something that simple isn't 100% true. Is not green. You know what is green? a tree. Not a crypto-currency . You can say that is better than POW, I give you that. But there you stop.

I just say you need to be transparent if you want to convince the crypto-community (and not just this thread). I started mining in 2010, I kind of know what we are talking about. But if you don't believe me go ask miners , get out of this thread and see if what I'm saying isn't true.  BC current profitability is making people not only mine more, but buy more hardware also . I repeat, go and ask on IRC Wink
Activity: 96
Went to 7499 sats on Poloniex.

Ouch, I'm always paranoid about being off by a decimal point.

ok. 74990.  Cheers. Smiley
Activity: 138
Activity: 145

Ouch, I'm always paranoid about being off by a decimal point.
MINTPAL IS BACK ON FOR ME!
Activity: 96

Activity: 145
That mining would exist with or without blackcoin, and blackcoin is not contributing any additional mining of its own.
Ah really? Miners and mining resources goes where profit is, without thinking too much what they are actually mining. There are sooo many people right now mining "BTC" just to get paid in BC.
As you know, mining BTC without an ASIC now is pretty much useless. Now thanks to BC it makes sense again. Thats more electricity, not less .

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not just trolling here.  Very few miners on the pool are just pointing random desktops and laptops at the sha-256 bitcoin mining, they're mostly using dedicated rigs with scrypt mining.  There are certainly a small number of people using rigs that aren't absolutely optimal for mining, sure, but that's a very small factor.  The green aspect by far outweighs any slight increased amount of mining on competing coins.
Activity: 266
someone owns 1.8M BC

lucky dog - three days ago it was worth $78k - now it's over $400k
GUYS WHAT THE FUAK GOIN ON??
just woke up (4am) and 65k sat? OMG its 49999sat now!  Shocked Cheesy Im Dreamin? Hit me Please!
ONLY a million more to take MasterCoin! Cheesy
Activity: 476
59000 on cryptsy.... holy....

maybe Craptsy DDOS Mintpal so they loose benefit's of the coin going so high in value right now  Grin

Haha, I was gonna say that!

Cheesy
Activity: 392
if they want to reduce the 'likelihood of losing all of it' they should spread them in more than just two.

PS: keep calm, mintpal we'll come back, price will drop a bit, DDoSer will buy, and in less then 30 minutes everthing will be back to normal .

In the meantime stop watching at the price ticker and go out and do something to make this coin grow. Build a service, find programmers, designers, make a website.   If you don't want this to be 'just another pump', show what we have what it takes.

If they are cold wallets it doesn't matter - and spreading to too many wallets makes it easier to become your own worst enemy a la Mt. Gox.

Just because it's on the blockchain doesn't mean it isn't locked in a vault in a room with biometric access... that's the nature of cryptocurrencies.

I appreciate your article but you people should start get a little bit more real about it

What this means is that there are no miners who do any mining like in Bitcoin, instead new coins are generated by everyone who has Blackcoins in his/her wallet that are "staked".

For the sake of reality , blackcoin is not 'green' nor reducing CO2 emissions whatsoever. On the official website it promotes mining like parasites from other coins. I'm not sure how can you call that an innovation , I say that is a workaround.

Huh Not sure if serious and confused or ?

The quote is exactly correct.  There is no mining of BC... if the multipool disappears it doesn't matter (well it would undoubtedly have a short term effect).  You think 20-30BTC worth of 'capital infusion' is causing all of this appreciation?  BC itself requires almost no energy to maintain and secure the blockchain - that's what he's referring to and the point is a valid bit of marketing... compared to something like BTC itself... it's green as all hell. Smiley
Activity: 267
Woodwallets.io
Does anyone want to sell me 8.8BC? I hate uneven numbers and have no BTC left Sad

This makes so much sense.

I'm serious. 8.8BC rounds off a hundred for me.
Activity: 127
Until Mintpal comes back up you guys can read my article:

http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/04/blackcoin-first-pos-proof-of-stake.html

I decided to write an article on Blackcoin and the way I see it so far. I would appreciate constructive criticism and any tweets, google+, facebook posts!

Article: http://razorsforex.blogspot.com/2014/04/blackcoin-first-pos-proof-of-stake.html

free upload

I appreciate your article but you people should start get a little bit more real about it

What this means is that there are no miners who do any mining like in Bitcoin, instead new coins are generated by everyone who has Blackcoins in his/her wallet that are "staked".

For the sake of reality , blackcoin is not 'green' nor reducing CO2 emissions whatsoever. On the official website it promotes mining like parasites from other coins. I'm not sure how can you call that an innovation , I say that is a workaround.

Your logic is very flawed here.  That mining would exist with or without blackcoin, and blackcoin is not contributing any additional mining of its own.  Further, while the mining pool is great, it's not a part of blackcoin itself, and someday in the future, it's definitely possible that the proof of work coins fall out of favor entirely, whether or not that means blackcoin becomes the crypto-king.

It also needs to be said that Blackcoin is far from the first Proof-of-stake cryptocurrency. Peercoin was released in August 2012
Activity: 126
I'll see if I can put something together tomorrow. It won't be quite the same though. Still gives some-else a chance to create something pictured. 

I was looking for some stuff for me and when I saw a custom print lighter I thought it would be great to share. If someone also gets the usb wallet it'll match! Otherwise it will still look sexy of course. I only shared this as an idea. There are many other things that could be made, of course. The list is endless
Jump to: