Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 33. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

4.  Virus/Malware Triggers - One thing I learned when I brought My USB BitQuark Wallet to work to show a co-worker is that the bitquark-qt.exe file triggers a TrendMicro warning on my work PC and TrendMicro deleted the bitquark-qt.exe which made me feel a little stupid.  My wallet.dat file was fine, but I forgot that all wallet software (bitcoin-qt, litecoin-qt, etc.) triggers a virus/malware warning unless I manually add an exception.  Again, for grandma/grandpa or for anyone taking their USB wallet to another PC, this could be an issue.

I just uploaded windows bitquark-qt.exe (v0.8.3.17-BTQ) to virustotal and trendmirco didnt have a negative result for it. You should check if you got your wallet from a reputable source. The only antivirus software that did find it possibly negative was nod32, but nod32 thinks everything is a virus.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e22acd4a3c90b9f5730bc6010157554d3e45d005014c68267a4d110d98e8d222/analysis/1410381763/

Again, I love it and I'm using it, but long term and for the non-techie masses, I don't think this can be a feasible solution.  We need a mobile wallet and a cloud/server based wallet provider for BitQuark, both of which I don't trust or use, but for grandma/grandpa and the non-techie masses that's something we're going to need for BitQuark to become as popular as bitcoin.

I hope I'm not sounding negative with this post, I just don't want someone new to bitquark to try this and run into any issues.  Maybe we should write up a professional sell sheet/guide/pdf for the process with disclaimers and warnings and kind of "bitquark copyright it" before another coin does so people can use it but know the drawbacks of it?
We could use a mobile / light wallet. I dont really understand the underlined part of your post though.
Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Looks like my server might be down and I'm at work Sad I'll be home in about 3 1/2 hrs and I will get it back up and going so we can get back to mining!!!
Is anyone considering contacting charities about accepting bitquark?  Even though this coin has a small market cap at the moment, if the community gives a $100 in bitquark to a campaign, it xould really help generate some views.
I'd be willing to donate, cash, existing btq or hash time.

That's a great idea! I'm in :-)
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Is anyone considering contacting charities about accepting bitquark?  Even though this coin has a small market cap at the moment, if the community gives a $100 in bitquark to a campaign, it xould really help generate some views.
I'd be willing to donate, cash, existing btq or hash time.
Activity: 39
I love My USB BitQuark Wallet!  For us miners and types with a little technical background, the walkthrough put together between DannyTom and BitQuark works great!  

Here's a few things IMHO which need to be addressed to make "My USB BitQuark Wallet" feasible to the grandma/grandpa out there:

1.  BlockChain size - Not an issue now, but over the next few months as BitQuark gets to be as mass adopted as Bitcoin  Grin this will be an issue.  The BitQuark blockchain is under 1GB but the Bitcoin blockchain is something like 20GB so keeping the blockchain on a USB isn't feasible longterm.

2.  BlockChain download speed - If you run the bitquark-qt.exe directly from the USB drive as DannyTom stated it takes a long time to download the full blockchain, significantly longer than on your desktop, mainly due to USB write speed.

3.  Initial load time when you manually copy the blockchain over - It seems to take a while to initially load, maybe it was just me or maybe I did something wrong, but either way, grandma/grandpa ain't gonna wait.

4.  Virus/Malware Triggers - One thing I learned when I brought My USB BitQuark Wallet to work to show a co-worker is that the bitquark-qt.exe file triggers a TrendMicro warning on my work PC and TrendMicro deleted the bitquark-qt.exe which made me feel a little stupid.  My wallet.dat file was fine, but I forgot that all wallet software (bitcoin-qt, litecoin-qt, etc.) triggers a virus/malware warning unless I manually add an exception.  Again, for grandma/grandpa or for anyone taking their USB wallet to another PC, this could be an issue.

Again, I love it and I'm using it, but long term and for the non-techie masses, I don't think this can be a feasible solution.  We need a mobile wallet and a cloud/server based wallet provider for BitQuark, both of which I don't trust or use, but for grandma/grandpa and the non-techie masses that's something we're going to need for BitQuark to become as popular as bitcoin.

I hope I'm not sounding negative with this post, I just don't want someone new to bitquark to try this and run into any issues.  Maybe we should write up a professional sell sheet/guide/pdf for the process with disclaimers and warnings and kind of "bitquark copyright it" before another coin does so people can use it but know the drawbacks of it?
Yeah the Windows shortcut works great...I've used it before.
If you want to add an icon to the USB just save this BTQ icon image and add the following to your autorun.inf

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r17/blob/master/src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.ico

Code:
icon=bitcoin.ico

just place the bitcoin.ico image in the root directory of the USB and you can right click on it and select 'properties', then put a check by 'hidden' so that the icon will be hidden from view.

I done this yesterday and it looks really good. I'm also trying to figure out a way to keep the CMD window from popping up. This was an easy fix in earlier versions of Windows, but isn't so much with Vista and newer.

BitQuark 2015!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 350
I never thought of using a windows shortcut, I'll have to try that to get rid of the cmd window popping up, plus then an icon would be on it too so that would look a little cooler.

We need all the bitquark supporters to help promote the coin!

Vote on exchanges and harass/email them daily to add BitQuark!
https://btc-market.org/Voting
https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Like, Follow, Promote all the Facebook Pages for BitQuark
https://www.facebook.com/bitquarkfans
https://www.facebook.com/bitquarkcoin
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Crypto-Flea-Market/254323151419642

Buy and Sell BitQuark on Exchanges so there's plenty of trade activity and volume
http://www.c-cex.com
http://www.comkort.com

Give away a flash drive wallet with a couple of BTQ to a friend or family memeber
Code:
I created a MyBitQuarkWallet.bat file with:

%CD%BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]
OPEN=MyBitQuarkWallet.bat
ACTION=Run BitQuark Wallet
LABEL=My USB BitQuark Wallet

and placed them on the USB drive as the only 2 files.

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

It's up to us to make bitQuark grow into a real currency for 2015
Activity: 39

Worked perfectly! 

%CD%\BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%\BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

Just curious if a windows shortcut would work better than a batch file?
Been mining a little on an old laptop at pool.bitquak.info and it's going well.  Glad to see an official sponsored MPOS pool.

I've been working on setting up the pool for about 3 months and finally got everything tested and up and going! I'm running it from my home server, so really no overhead other than my internet service itself :-)

Great job!  I just switched from cpu-pool.net to bitq.suprnova.cc the other day after my last cashout.

#BitQuark to the moon!
Been mining a little on an old laptop at pool.bitquak.info and it's going well.  Glad to see an official sponsored MPOS pool.

I've been working on setting up the pool for about 3 months and finally got everything tested and up and going! I'm running it from my home server, so really no overhead other than my internet service itself :-)

Activity: 98
Does anyone know if the entire wallet and blockchain data can be stored in custom locations?

right now the wallet file bitquark-qt.exe looks like a single file with no dependencies that can be stored anywhere, but when launched it still produced files in \users\%name%\appdata\roaming\bitquark\

I thought I'd ask before playing around since I'm hoping if it's feasible to produce something like this:

https://www.customusb.com/img/usbbusinesscard/walletcardminiflip/04.jpg

but customized for bitquark wallets.

I know the blockchain size would be an issue eventually.  Right now it looks like it's about 700MB so an 8bg card would probably last a while and would put the price point at $19.99 USD ( or 44,000 BTQ at current values )

Speaking of blockchain size, any thoughts on how to handle it's exponential growth once BTQ becomes widely adopted and used?

Anyone think there'd be any interest is a USB credit card wallet? 

You can change the 'data' location by doing the following.
If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\BitQuarkData then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to bitquark-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\BitQuarkData at the end as an example:
Code:
"C:\BitQuark\bitquark-qt.exe" -datadir=d:\BitQuarkData

Worked perfectly! 

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]

bitquark-qt.exe

The autorun worked perfectly on XP and Vista, Win7 and Win8 though I still had to manually click on the .bat file.  It took a while to download the blockchain, but I could have manually copied that over.

Anyways, I now have a totally separate wallet entirely on a generic credit card USB drive.  Now as long as the blockchain never grows beyond 7GB it's all good!  I can carry around a bitquark wallet in my wallet.

Now if I want to give a friend or family member who knows nothing about computers some bitquark to spend I can do the same procedure, load a few BTQ into thier wallet as their first transaction, slap a bitquark decal on the generic drive and boom.

All we need now is someone with some experience making an autostart application that maybe provides some options like:

- Run My Wallet
 - Guide to BitQuark
 - Something Something...
 - Something Else...

and we have a portable wallet any non-techie can use.

I know some of you are laughing at me because this is probably a no-brainer, but I'm trying to think of ways to promote bitquark and get the computer illiterate crowd involved.

https://electrum.org/tutorials.html

Something like that might be a solution for the blockchain size issue and might also make the wallet speed up a bit. 

I read what you did and liked the idea.  I created two self-extracting archives to start off with (USB BitQuark Install.exe) following your steps to put everything in the correct place, one without blockchain data and one with.

What I found was:

1. The self-extracting archive without the blockchain worked great, opened quickly, but is taking forever to download the blockchain on USB 2.0 which I think is due to the 480Mbps speed limit.  Maybe USB 3.0 would be better since it's supposed to have a 5Gbps speed cap but if you're targeting non-technical people with older equipment that wouldn't work for everyone.

2. The self-extracting archive with the blockchain would hang repeatedly.  It would open eventually, but again, the delay and the hangs would put off the average non-technical user and give them pause.

Nice idea though having a branded credit card sized external USB bitquark wallet to carry around, but it appears blockchain size is going to be an issue and not just for bitquark.

Still, for those of us with a little technical knowledge I'm loving your post DT.

Does anyone know if the entire wallet and blockchain data can be stored in custom locations?

right now the wallet file bitquark-qt.exe looks like a single file with no dependencies that can be stored anywhere, but when launched it still produced files in \users\%name%\appdata\roaming\bitquark\

I thought I'd ask before playing around since I'm hoping if it's feasible to produce something like this:

I know the blockchain size would be an issue eventually.  Right now it looks like it's about 700MB so an 8bg card would probably last a while and would put the price point at $19.99 USD ( or 44,000 BTQ at current values )

Speaking of blockchain size, any thoughts on how to handle it's exponential growth once BTQ becomes widely adopted and used?

If you have already downloaded the data then you will have to move the data to the new folder. If you want to store them in D:\BitQuarkData then click on "Properties" of a shortcut to bitquark-qt.exe and add -datadir=D:\BitQuarkData at the end as an example:
Code:

Worked perfectly! 

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]

bitquark-qt.exe

The autorun worked perfectly on XP and Vista, Win7 and Win8 though I still had to manually click on the .bat file.  It took a while to download the blockchain, but I could have manually copied that over.

Anyways, I now have a totally separate wallet entirely on a generic credit card USB drive.  Now as long as the blockchain never grows beyond 7GB it's all good!  I can carry around a bitquark wallet in my wallet.

Now if I want to give a friend or family member who knows nothing about computers some bitquark to spend I can do the same procedure, load a few BTQ into thier wallet as their first transaction, slap a bitquark decal on the generic drive and boom.

All we need now is someone with some experience making an autostart application that maybe provides some options like:

- Run My Wallet
 - Guide to BitQuark
 - Something Something...
 - Something Else...

and we have a portable wallet any non-techie can use.

I know some of you are laughing at me because this is probably a no-brainer, but I'm trying to think of ways to promote bitquark and get the computer illiterate crowd involved.

Code:

The Official BitQuark BTQ MPOS Pool has been launched! 0% mining fee's for life!!! http://pool.bitquark.info/
SSL connection is also available https://pool.bitquark.info/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=561516.60;topicseen

bitquark added to the queue of coins to be listed on coingecko.com

On the bright side, buy orders have gone from 19 to 31 since last night and since whomever dumped filled a lot of existing buy orders, there's hopefully more coin holders now.

At any rate, this happens and is part of the volatility of the crypto-currency world.

As for Mr. B's question on the formula we're using to determine coin value in relation to dollars:

Simplified Formula:

1 USD / BTQ to BTC price at c-cex / BTC to USD price average

1 / 0.00000031 / 482.91

Since there are no official sources I know of as yet to directly trade bitquark into dollars we're tying it to USD through BTC.

We're taking the BTC to USD value from 4 exchanges and averaging it and averaging the bitquark value from 2 exchanges to get the USD value of bitquark.

Example:

Blockchain.info says BTC is worth - $481.88 USD
CoinDesk says BTC is worth - $483.65 USD
BitStamp says BTC is worth - $480.72 USD
BTER says BTC is worth - $484.98 USD

So the BTC average price is $482.81 USD

The current BTQ price on comkort is .00007 BTC
The current BTQ price on c-cex is .00000031 BTC

So the BTQ average price is 0.000035155

At the current prices listed above, you could buy 1 BTC with 28445 BTQ and since 1 BTC is worth $482.81 that translates to 58.92 BTQ = $1 USD

However, most of the time comkort doesn't factor into the average.  If any exchange hasn't had trade volume of the coin in 24 hours it's not factored in.  So since c-cex is the only part of the BTQ to BTC average accepted:

1 BTC = 3225806 and since 1 BTC is worth $482.91 that translates to 6681.32 BTQ = $1 USD

All the math functions are set for 8 decimal places, and since I think blockchain and coindesk use multiple sources to compile their prices there could be a little bit of an issue there, but that's where we're at for now.

At the moment, BTQ price is tied directly to BTC prices (as is with most coins) so limited trade volume of BTQ combined with the existing volatility of BTC makes the BTQ price extremely volatile.  Hopefully as the coin grows in popularity it can move away from being tied to BTC.

All our coin value coding allots for 10 exchanges to be included in the average.  We're only using the 4 mentioned above for BTC and the 2 mentioned above for BTQ (remember, most of the time comkort isn't included since there's little active trading going on there.)  As we develop further we'd like to publish a wordpress plugin and an api to serve prices, but we're not an official authority for bitquark or any of the other coins, just a fan.

If anyone sees any issues with the way we're calculating USD value or has better suggestions, please let us know.

http://btq.cryptofleamarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/the-crypto-fleamarket-team.png

Is bitquark mined on a multipool that dumps to buy other coins?

Not that I know of.
Activity: 258
Is bitquark mined on a multipool that dumps to buy other coins?
Pages:
Jump to: