Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 35. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 346
Merit: 250
{sigh} Can I just rerun the make after that?

Code:
user@user-1215N:~$ cd BTQ-r17
user@user-1215N:~/BTQ-r17$ make
cd /home/user/BTQ-r17/src/leveldb && CC=gcc CXX=g++ make OPT="-m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2" libleveldb.a libmemenv.a
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user/BTQ-r17/src/leveldb'
make[1]: `libleveldb.a' is up to date.
make[1]: `libmemenv.a' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/BTQ-r17/src/leveldb'
cd /home/user/BTQ-r17; /bin/sh share/genbuild.sh /home/user/BTQ-r17/build/build.h
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_QRCODE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/qrcodedialog.o src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp
src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                      ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/qrcodedialog.o] Error 1

Rerunning the script from the top.....
Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but after about an hour of compiling...

Code:
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fstack-protector-all -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fno-guess-branch-probability -frandom-seed=1984 -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-strict-aliasing -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_QRCODE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/qrcodedialog.o src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp
src/qt/qrcodedialog.cpp:12:22: fatal error: qrencode.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                      ^
compilation terminated.

I might have left out a dep, try running this sudo apt-get install qrencode and then run the script again
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but after about an hour of compiling...

Code:
 #include
                      ^
compilation terminated.
Very pretty. Where do we stand with a native Linux wallet than can be compiled on 14.04?

Glad you asked about that.
Damn! I'm used to doing all those steps manually. A single install script like this for Linux is huge! Even better for Linux newbies! Only new step I see added is libpng. Is that what we got hung up on before?

Noob proof script :-) The libpng is for the QR code generator. I got tired of constantly having to enter the codes line by line so I made that script over the weekend to make compiling BTQ faster. No too bad for a Linux newbie myself huh?  Cool
Very pretty. Where do we stand with a native Linux wallet than can be compiled on 14.04?

Glad you asked about that.
Damn! I'm used to doing all those steps manually. A single install script like this for Linux is huge! Even better for Linux newbies! Only new step I see added is libpng. Is that what we got hung up on before?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

This is a good thread for getting the best GPU miners for quark https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795
This is currently the one I use.

They just released sgminer v5 here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sgminer-v5-optimized-x11x13neoscryptlyra2reetc-kernel-switch-miner-632503
Haven't tested this version yet

Also if you are GPU mining, then it's more profitable to solo mine instead of pool mine. If you are GPU pool mining and you notice your hash rate is way high in the pool, then ad this code to your mining program's bat file --difficulty-multiplier 256

Thank you.  I only make about 10 BTQ a week CPU mining with my current equipment.  My wife's PC makes about 10 BTQ a day CPU mining, but that's forbidden.  I'll be curious to learn about GPU mining.

Right now I think 95% of the people involved in altcoins are tech heads who mine and are looking for quick sale profits to cover electricity costs.  The other 5% are speculative investors. 

I'm hoping as the coin gets more media coverage and more average Jane's and Joe's get involved and realize you can buy things with altcoins just as you could with cash, but without the taxes, that prices will increase.

If there are only 1,500,000 bitQuarks currently available and everyone uses them daily as they would dollars...1 BTQ would be worth a lot more than a nickel.

I'd love to see the day come where a cleaning supply company accepts BTQ for bulk supplies, and I can pay my cleaning lady $20 and 5 BTQ a week, and she in turn uses those 5 BTQ to buy things like cleaning supplies from the aforementioned company.  Same thing across other industries, say like I get paid 1500 BTQ and some cash for graphic design work, and I in turn spend that BTQ buying e-cigarette juice and the e-cig juice company gives the BTQ as bonuses to they're employees, and the employees spend the BTQ at a restaurant.

I really see this as the future if the right people get involved.

Glad you asked about that. I just wrote a script today that will download & install all the needed files to build BitQuark daemon and QT. Just copy and paste the below into a text file and name it something like 'AutoBuild.sh' and then from a terminal run the script ./AutoBuild.sh

Code:
# Download and Install the Latest Updates for the OS
#sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

# Install essential packages
sudo apt-get -y install \
    gcc g++ autoconf automake make git zip unzip \
    qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev \
    libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libprotobuf-dev \
    libprotobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev qrencode protobuf-c-compiler \
# Get lates BitQuark source
git clone https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r17.git BTQ-r17
cd BTQ-r17

# Install libpng (Used for PHP GD Library Extension)
wget -O- https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/lamp-software/libpng-1.6.10.tar.gz | tar -zxf -
cd libpng-1.6.10
./configure && make && sudo make install
cd ..
rm libpng-1.6.10.tar.gz

# Now building bitquarkd
cd src/leveldb
chmod +x build_detect_platform
cd ..
make -f makefile.unix clean
make -f makefile.unix

# Now building bitquark-qt
cd ..
qmake "USE_QRCODE=1" "USE_UPNP=1" "USE_IPV6=1" bitquark-qt.pro
make

I tested this on a clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 and it worked without a hitch! :-)
I was playing around while setting my laptop up today with Ubuntu 14.04. After install, I decided to compile minerd so I could mine some BTQ and I done some editing to the setup files and came up with a "MinerD BitQuark Edition"  and added some color to all the dullness Cool
So what do you guys & gals think?

I was playing around while setting my laptop up today with Ubuntu 14.04. After install, I decided to compile minerd so I could mine some BTQ and I done some editing to the setup files and came up with a "MinerD BitQuark Edition"  and added some color to all the dullness Cool

Nice.  Is there a GPU mining guide anywhere for this?

This is a good thread for getting the best GPU miners for quark https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sph-sgminer-multi-coin-multi-algorithm-gpu-miner-added-marucoin-475795
This is currently the one I use.

They just released sgminer v5 here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sgminer-v5-optimized-x11x13neoscryptlyra2reetc-kernel-switch-miner-632503
Haven't tested this version yet

Also if you are GPU mining, then it's more profitable to solo mine instead of pool mine. If you are GPU pool mining and you notice your hash rate is way high in the pool, then ad this code to your mining program's bat file --difficulty-multiplier 256
Activity: 350
BTQ price and volume continue to rise!  Feels like people are testing the waters, let's just say the water is nice.

Next I think we need to go after some more pool operators.  P2P pool still lets you mine dozens of dead coins (42 coin, American Coin, really?)

Seriously, BTQ is where it's at.  Very active developer/coin operator, upcoming e-bay style auction site dedicated to bitQuark.  Nearly complete ad-listing site dedicated to bitQuark, people actually trying to use the coin, fans of the coin creating fan art and memes, I mean seriously, bitQuark is where it's at.

As for alt-coins in general, I had a conversation today with a friend at lunch.  We sort of argued about how safe digital currencies are.  He was spouting off about how they're hacked, stolen and whatnot.  I asked him for his wallet, he handed it too me (we're friends) and then I walked out.  He called me after a few minutes went by and I told him I just hacked his wallet and stole all his cash.
I was playing around while setting my laptop up today with Ubuntu 14.04. After install, I decided to compile minerd so I could mine some BTQ and I done some editing to the setup files and came up with a "MinerD BitQuark Edition"  and added some color to all the dullness Cool

http://bitquark.info/images/minerd-btq-edition.png

Nice.  Is there a GPU mining guide anywhere for this?

Thanks for the plugs DannyTom, and the help with testing.

http://btq.cryptofleamarket.com is in the live testing phase.

We still have some work to do with layout and re-design since we've changed architecture and have a new designer working on the project, but functionality seems to be going well. 

We encourage users of the bitQuark currency to signup, post items for sale and send us feedback.

Believe me, I'm happy!  I have virtually no mining equipment, but I'm an avid believer in crypto currencies so the only way for me to earn any coins at the moment is by selling stuff. 

Everything in the crypto world is geared towards investors, pump and dumps and short term trade ups to bitcoin.  That's why I'm a believer in bitQuark, the dev seems to have built a coin meant to be a dollar replacement.  A coin we can actually use.

I know it's not a popular coin right now, but I'll happily sell stuff for bitQuark and would love to buy stuff with bitQuark.

Anyone else notice the buy price on c-cex.com has gone from 200 to 500 in the last few days?  And the sell price is still above 1400.

I think good things are finally coming for this coin.

That is my goal with BitQuark, replace the dollar and Bitcoin itself!!! Bitcoin was a great idea, but it's transaction time is way too slow for todays fast pace world!

CryptoFleaMarket is looking great! Glad to see it all coming together!

Also, just got an email from bitcoinshop.com.br and they would like to add BitQuark as a payment method to their online shop!
when will next price rise happen.

Looking to buy or dump?
Activity: 882
when will next price rise happen.

We still have some work to do with layout and re-design since we've changed architecture and have a new designer working on the project, but functionality seems to be going well. 

We encourage users of the bitQuark currency to signup, post items for sale and send us feedback.

Believe me, I'm happy!  I have virtually no mining equipment, but I'm an avid believer in crypto currencies so the only way for me to earn any coins at the moment is by selling stuff. 

Everything in the crypto world is geared towards investors, pump and dumps and short term trade ups to bitcoin.  That's why I'm a believer in bitQuark, the dev seems to have built a coin meant to be a dollar replacement.  A coin we can actually use.

I know it's not a popular coin right now, but I'll happily sell stuff for bitQuark and would love to buy stuff with bitQuark.

Anyone else notice the buy price on c-cex.com has gone from 200 to 500 in the last few days?  And the sell price is still above 1400.

I think good things are finally coming for this coin.
Activity: 98

We can hope!
This is what I'm currently doing behind the scenes to get BitQuark ready for the mainstream.
  • A new 0 fee MPOS pool, which I have been testing on my server and so far its running perfect!
  • An eBay type auction site dedicated to ONLY BitQuark, no BTC, LTC, QRK, etc. will be accepted. The only think I have left is to get the payment system up and going.
  • Still looking for a dev to build a mobile BTQ wallet as this is a "must have" for todays world

Saw it on facebook and agree, bitQuark is the best!

Pages:
Jump to: