Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 41. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501
I've listed these bounties on the OP
  • 250 BTQ - News Article Promoting BitQuark
  • 500 BTQ - Video Promoting BitQuark
  • 5,000 BTQ - Android Wallet

Nice.  Good for exposure.  I have a friend who has access to some non-tech press release sites and is a copy writer who owes me a favor.  I'll see if I can get some marketing type write ups from her.

That would be awesome! Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Nice.  Good for exposure.  I have a friend who has access to some non-tech press release sites and is a copy writer who owes me a favor.  I'll see if I can get some marketing type write ups from her.
A coin gaining mass acceptance doesnt happen overnight.  Wink

That's right!!! It took BTC about 3 years! Smiley

Yeah BTQ isnt just for pump&dump. it will have its true and stable value in time  Smiley

BitQuark may go Anonymous! I'm currently in talks with another dev about adding the 'zerocoin' feature to BTQ. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

Thats great news you got there dev!

question dev is it impossible to let bittrex have this coin? I think it will help this coin popularity?

I've been trying for the past 3 months to get BTQ added to Bittrex but I haven't had any luck with them yet! I don't know whats up with them...maybe they eventually add it to their exchange.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

Yeah BTQ isnt just for pump&dump. it will have its true and stable value in time  Smiley

BitQuark may go Anonymous! I'm currently in talks with another dev about adding the 'zerocoin' feature to BTQ. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress.

Thats great news you got there dev!

question dev is it impossible to let bittrex have this coin? I think it will help this coin popularity?
Activity: 294
Just want to drop an update on one of the web shops I emailed about adding BTQ as payment. I contacted http://bitscoinshop.com.br the other day and I received this email back:

Hello good evening,
checked the coin and found it very interesting and I seem to have an active community.
The only thing I would worry about the fact that the buying volume to be low in the exchanges, that partnership has in mind?
And if you have plans to improve sales volumes of currency?

att,

Richard

CEO Bitscoinshop

So I just sent this reply:

There are currently 845,420 BTQ's in circulation and less than 40,000 BTQ's for sell on the exchanges. People aren't dumping this coin, because they are mining and holding it for uses such as buying items. That's only around 4% of total coins mined. If you look at any other coin out there, you will see that their number of coins on the exchanges are a lot higher. Large volume sells of coins on exchanges just mean people are dumping coins as an upgrade to BTC. This is not happening with BTQ. People who have mined BitQuark believe in it and are not dumping it as an upgrade to BTC. With this being said, I hope you consider adding BitQuark as a method of payment to your web shop.

Thanks,
BitQuark Dev

So I hope to hear back from them soon. I'll keep you posted on the response.

Activity: 258
I only recently (~1 month ago) started intensively buying BitQuarks with my VERY small and limited resources. Also I'm cpu mining as I don't have cool video card and noone bothers to make compute 2.1 version. If You decide to switch algo, I'm selling everything, unsubscribing from this thread and deleting wallet.

I see that BTQ is most promising quark coin. Every algo has it's main coin, quark doesn't have it yet, AFAIK. quark coin was distributed very fast and now it's hard to acquire it, there are big bagholders, etc. Bitquark has HUGE advantage in this field. As there are enought coins left, I think, just get as much BTQ as You can and the rest of the world will jump in when they feel like it. Currently there is only 830K coins, so coin has enought time to live. Remember, BTC for it's first year was mostly mined only by satoshi. Just my 0.00000002 BTC.

I agree and after much thought, BTQ's algorithm will go unchanged...we as a community will make BTQ the most successful Quark algorithm coin!! Smiley There is still 3 1/2 years of mining left before block reward halving takes place...so we have plenty of time!
Activity: 294
I only recently (~1 month ago) started intensively buying BitQuarks with my VERY small and limited resources. Also I'm cpu mining as I don't have cool video card and noone bothers to make compute 2.1 version. If You decide to switch algo, I'm selling everything, unsubscribing from this thread and deleting wallet.

I see that BTQ is most promising quark coin. Every algo has it's main coin, quark doesn't have it yet, AFAIK. quark coin was distributed very fast and now it's hard to acquire it, there are big bagholders, etc. Bitquark has HUGE advantage in this field. As there are enought coins left, I think, just get as much BTQ as You can and the rest of the world will jump in when they feel like it. Currently there is only 830K coins, so coin has enought time to live. Remember, BTC for it's first year was mostly mined only by satoshi. Just my 0.00000002 BTC.
What is this "quark" no-one is talking about? 

Algo doesn't matter if no-one knows it exists.

Wallet doesn't matter if no-one knows it exists.

What's quark's marketing plan?  What's x13's marketing plan?  Does the coin name change to Bitx13?

BTQ's price has bounced between 500 BTQ = $1 to 57 BTQ = $1 to 308 BTQ = $1 (current last time I checked).

In 6 months I've seen no mention of BTQ outside of this little forum and reddit (which I don't really use).

What's being done to actively market BTQ and get the grandma's and grandpa's out there using it? 

Yeah this is a problem....we definitely need to put together a good promotional team. Anybody know anyone who can make promo videos so we can get BTQ some exposure?

Aslo, I've thought about the algo change and that would be getting away from BTQ's whole idea so that's gonna be a no go. I may have another idea that will set BTQ apart from other cryptos. I'll post more about it later today and see what you guys think.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
What is this "quark" no-one is talking about? 

Algo doesn't matter if no-one knows it exists.

Wallet doesn't matter if no-one knows it exists.

What's quark's marketing plan?  What's x13's marketing plan?  Does the coin name change to Bitx13?

BTQ's price has bounced between 500 BTQ = $1 to 57 BTQ = $1 to 308 BTQ = $1 (current last time I checked).

In 6 months I've seen no mention of BTQ outside of this little forum and reddit (which I don't really use).

What's being done to actively market BTQ and get the grandma's and grandpa's out there using it? 
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Just brainstorming today...I've noticed most all exchanges won't mess with 'quark' algorithm coins for some unforeseen reason. So I was thinking, what do you guy think about a possible switch from the 'quark' algo to 'x13' algo??

https://qex.la/ even specializes in them (but it seems they'll need to fix their SSL certificate).
Just brainstorming today...I've noticed most all exchanges won't mess with 'quark' algorithm coins for some unforeseen reason. So I was thinking, what do you guy think about a possible switch from the 'quark' algo to 'x13' algo??
Activity: 346
https://altoutlet.com/alt/currencies  vote for btq every day
I would but............
"Voting currently finished for this period"
I'm already hard at work working on BTQ's next client update. So far I've made a few changes with the GUI and also fixed the network hashrate. I've made the GUI so you can change the background image and I've moved the "Coins minted" & "Network hashrate" to the main page. Here are a couple images of the next release.

Pages:
Jump to: