Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 53. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Just got an email from Comkort and BitQuark will be added during the day tomorrow Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Been researching x11 cryptos. It's pretty clear Scrypt algos, unless they hard fork, are going to fall at the hands of ASIC miners and coin rapists (probably funded and run by central banks who want to kill crypto currencies altogether). BTQ is ASIC resistant by employing the Quark algo (essentially x9) but even x11 is rumored to have ASICS knocking at the door possibly within just a couple of years.

Thinking long term, how prepared is BTQ to hard fork if the time comes to slam the door on ASIC coin killers? IMHO, public confidence is going to hinge on it.

I've been working on trying to integrate Nfactor into the Quark algorithm. If I can do this, it would definitely make BitQuark CPU only!

huh? Quark is not memory hard. Increasing the number of rounds can't help. The GPU always keeps its advantage, unless you invent something that makes it do random lookups in huge tables (think gigabytes...).
The distribution change was just a thought, but You guys a right, it doesn't need to be changed. I will work on merging N-factor into the Quark algo and if I can get it to work I will hold on to it til the time it is needed.

Not sure how long it takes for Comkort to add new coins, but I just sent them a tweet asking how long before BTQ is added.

On another note, does anyone know anyone who is good with making Android apps??
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
I concur that making such large changes to the overall coin strategy conveys to the public a flimsy foundation. I may be replacing all my 7950's for 750ti real soon! And yes, what seems to be the holdup at Comkort? Are they adopting the Lazycoins business model now?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What is the reasoning behind possibly changing total amount of coins? Perhaps consider changing how the block reward reduction works. A gradual decline over the years until the yearly inflationary value of 1045,000 btq is reached. IMO, block halving could have negative affects on network security if the coins value hasn't risen enough to cover such a sharp drop that occurs with reward halving. As for algo change, It may be good to have options on the table but I don't think rushing to change is a good idea. Nothing will ever be CPU only, its been proven time and time again. BTQ's current algo is mined very well with nvidia cards which should be capitalized on by BTQ. All just my 2 satoshi of course.

Does anyone know how long it takes for btq to be added to comkort?
Activity: 507
Merit: 500
Been researching x11 cryptos. It's pretty clear Scrypt algos, unless they hard fork, are going to fall at the hands of ASIC miners and coin rapists (probably funded and run by central banks who want to kill crypto currencies altogether). BTQ is ASIC resistant by employing the Quark algo (essentially x9) but even x11 is rumored to have ASICS knocking at the door possibly within just a couple of years.

Thinking long term, how prepared is BTQ to hard fork if the time comes to slam the door on ASIC coin killers? IMHO, public confidence is going to hinge on it.

I've been working on trying to integrate Nfactor into the Quark algorithm. If I can do this, it would definitely make BitQuark CPU only!
I think we've identified the new top priority for BTQ. Has anyone else done it, or married Nf/x11?

From my research, it doesn't look like anyone has attempted it yet. So if I can get it to work, it will be the first of its kind making BitQuark unique Wink

If this is possible, it would bring serious interest to the coin. I agree this should be top priority.
for what reason? 21m is not ok, nobody will be interested in so small amount, just my thoughts
How does the BTQ community feel about cutting the BitQuark supply in half from 21,000,000 down to 10,500,000 + inflation?? It would also halve every 2 years instead of every 4 years. It would look something like this:

1-2 years   : (7200*365)*2=5,256,000
2-4 years  : (3600*365)*2=2,628,000
4-6 years  : (1800*365)*2=1,314,000
6-8 years  : (900*365)*2=657,000
8-10 years : (450*365)*2=328,500
10-12 years : (225*365)*2=164,250
12-14 years : (112.5*365)*2=105,000

Total = 10,452,750 BTQ +105,000 yearly for inflation
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
bitquark to the moon

I think we've identified the new top priority for BTQ. Has anyone else done it, or married Nf/x11?

From my research, it doesn't look like anyone has attempted it yet. So if I can get it to work, it will be the first of its kind making BitQuark unique Wink

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I have been focused on BTQ, hope it has a good development.
Looking to buy 2k-20k BTQ, please PM offers
I have found Linode Virtual Machines to be very good for remote app hosting even if they do frown on the CPU utilization of mining. Tried setting up a daemon on my Host Gator account but the user level available through SSH on their shared service won't let me install the deps.  Undecided

My home IP is fairly static so the wallet daemon I have running should not be too much of a moving target. Because I'm using all static IP leases behind my DD-WRT router, I'm thinking maybe I'll set up a dynamic DNS for just port 9596 pointed to the machine running the daemon and give out the domain for users to add to their .conf.
BitQuark won a placement on Comkort's exchange!!! Thanks to all the people who voted for BitQuark to be added!
What am I going to do with all my free time now?

I've been thinking. Rather than building static Linux versions of the wallet right now, where are you with development of your own mining pool? 3rd parties are starting to become unreliable.

I've been testing a MPOS pool on one of my spare computers running Linux and so far the testing has been going good. Once testing is complete, I will setup it up on a remote server and link it to BTQ's website.
BitQuark won a placement on Comkort's exchange!!! Thanks to all the people who voted for BitQuark to be added!
What am I going to do with all my free time now?

I've been thinking. Rather than building static Linux versions of the wallet right now, where are you with development of your own mining pool? 3rd parties are starting to become unreliable.
Looks like air-pool.net is having trouble now too. No payouts for 5 hours and I am the only person mining there. I mean the ONLY person. No one is mining any other currency there. Huh
Pages:
Jump to: