Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining - page 51. (Read 162292 times)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501
Howdy, folks.
I'm just getting started on mining in BTQ, and I was hoping if y'all could answer a couple of quick questions.

1)  Is there a "known good" CentOS build procedure?  I took a shot at getting the Github BitQuark-0.8.3.8-r16 to build on CentOS release 5.10 and it's not playing well.

2)  I've got a miner set up on my relatively capable gaming PC, and pooling via btq.ext-pool.net.  It's 3-core Atlalon IIX3 445 (3.1Ghz); I'm CPU mining.  However, all I seem to be seeing on my dashboard at ext-pool is "0 BTQ / Immature" ... no payouts have landed at my waller.  Am I reading that wrong, or after 12h of mining am I still chewing on unverified chains?

3)  Because of the company I run, I have several "headless" servers that a CPU-mined coin like BTQ is very interesting to me.  Can anyone recommend a CPU-based BTQ miner that is "known good" on CentOS 5 or 6?  I'll likely have at least one "permanent / public" node up at all times if I can get this working.

Shoutouts to BitQuark & ZeroFossilFuels ... thanks very much for all you're doing in your respective spaces.

Thanks Michel. I'm somewhat new to Linux and I have really only used Ubuntu. If I can find any helpful info, I'll post it on here for you.
Are the stats for this pool https://cpu-pool.net/btq/ accurate? 14 mh/s really only get you 2.349 BTQ daily?

The hashrate is accurate, but the estimated payout on the "pool" page isn't accurate at all.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Looking to buy 2k-20k BTQ, please PM offers
Are the stats for this pool https://cpu-pool.net/btq/ accurate? 14 mh/s really only get you 2.349 BTQ daily?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Thanks, Michel. I have tried installing the daemon on CentOS 6.5 that I put on my wife's laptop only because it was the only linux OS that had native support for the Broadcom wireless adapter in it. PIMA, really. The install attempt was a complete bust for me but I'm no wiz when it comes to Linux. I barely scrape by.

I had played with Red Hat a long time ago when I was first testing the Linux waters to ween myself away from winblows. It's not nearly as consumer friendly as Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives. I gave up on it. If you succeed I hope you'll post the method you used. You'll probably have to wait for .deb installers and convert to .rpm for CentOS unless you can take the source code and make .deb yourself.

Best of luck!

Good morning, Z!

Thanks for the reply.  I'll keep messing with it and I'll post if / when I hit some success.  I have a battery of xeon-based video conferencing servers that sit idle 8h plus a development server that is low-load about 20h a day that I CPU miner or even a wallet miner could likely do OK on.  I'll see if I can't come up with an install how-to for CentOS and post it up where folks can try/ verify it.

I agree that RH/Cent are behind the curve on end-user ergonomics.  They are really more focused on the business server side of things.  If you want to spin up a good Linux desktop experience "easily" then Ubuntu is absolutely the way to go.

TTFN and "Keep On Mining"  Smiley
2)  I've got a miner set up on my relatively capable gaming PC, and pooling via btq.ext-pool.net.  It's 3-core Athalon IIX3 445 (3.1Ghz); I'm CPU mining.  However, all I seem to be seeing on my dashboard at ext-pool is "0 BTQ / Immature" ... no payouts have landed at my wallet.  Am I reading that wrong, or after 12h of mining am I still chewing on unverified chains?

Answering my own post here, but I wanted to let folks know that the first payments from btq.ext-pool.net arrived late last night.  So, it took nearly 36h of mining before I had been in the pool for a full round and thus got counted in on the shares. 

So, for anyone else new and just getting started, just be patient and let it run.  Expect a 1 to 2 day "donation window" of mining before you get into a round.  Even with three miners accounting for ~75% of a block by themselves, there is still room for the "little guy" chewing some spare cycles on his PC.  Doing nothing more than "small and idle" mining on my system, this morning there was 2.5BTQ waiting for me. 

The reality check on that statement is that 1BTQ = $0.01USD as of this morning.  Like any other Crypto Coin, this is not a "get rich for nothing" arrangement.
Activity: 346
Merit: 250
Thanks, Michel. I have tried installing the daemon on CentOS 6.5 that I put on my wife's laptop only because it was the only linux OS that had native support for the Broadcom wireless adapter in it. PIMA, really. The install attempt was a complete bust for me but I'm no wiz when it comes to Linux. I barely scrape by.

I had played with Red Hat a long time ago when I was first testing the Linux waters to ween myself away from winblows. It's not nearly as consumer friendly as Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives. I gave up on it. If you succeed I hope you'll post the method you used. You'll probably have to wait for .deb installers and convert to .rpm for CentOS unless you can take the source code and make .deb yourself.

Best of luck!

Why would someone go on the exchange and sell for half the current price? Damn dumpers...smh
A lot of very short sighted children playing this game right now. Very soon they will see the error of their ways. Thankfully they have very short attention spans.

Z
Howdy, folks.
I'm just getting started on mining in BTQ, and I was hoping if y'all could answer a couple of quick questions.

1)  Is there a "known good" CentOS build procedure?  I took a shot at getting the Github BitQuark-0.8.3.8-r16 to build on CentOS release 5.10 and it's not playing well.

2)  I've got a miner set up on my relatively capable gaming PC, and pooling via btq.ext-pool.net.  It's 3-core Atlalon IIX3 445 (3.1Ghz); I'm CPU mining.  However, all I seem to be seeing on my dashboard at ext-pool is "0 BTQ / Immature" ... no payouts have landed at my waller.  Am I reading that wrong, or after 12h of mining am I still chewing on unverified chains?

3)  Because of the company I run, I have several "headless" servers that a CPU-mined coin like BTQ is very interesting to me.  Can anyone recommend a CPU-based BTQ miner that is "known good" on CentOS 5 or 6?  I'll likely have at least one "permanent / public" node up at all times if I can get this working.

Shoutouts to BitQuark & ZeroFossilFuels ... thanks very much for all you're doing in your respective spaces.
I'm looking to expand the BTQ Development Team. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Video Team - People who can make promotional video and graphics.
  • Client Development Team - People with a good knowledge/understanding of BTQ client GUI and coding.
  • Web Development Team - People with knowledge or website design, HTML, PHP, SQL, XML, etc.

If you would like to join the BitQuark Development Team, you can contact me via email at [email protected] or post on this thread.
Thanks,
BitQuark Dev
not sure if you guys have heard of coinmarketcap.com , but I sent in an application to them so that they can add bitquark to their site.

i was thinking we have to low volume to add it now to look good for us, maybe we should go into it after volume and market cap will be higher, but maybe i am wrong, so sorry for mistake then:)

i use this site, but never take interest in coins from the list below 30th, we will be now around 200th place with market cap and volume as today, but as i said maybe i am wrong
Activity: 56
not sure if you guys have heard of coinmarketcap.com , but I sent in an application to them so that they can add bitquark to their site.

Awesome! I sent one to them on Tuesday, so hopefully with you also sending one it'll help us get on there faster.
Activity: 56
Any next biggest exchanges we plan to go into?

is QEX.LA confirmed to add btq?

Yeah QEX.LA has confirmed that they would add BTQ with in a week or two after they launch. We need to get on BTer.com and Cryptsy.com

good idea would be if developer contact multipool as hashco, if they allow we can mine scrypt coins and they will pay in btq, i use it for quark, then price would be rise because multipool need to buy coins to pay

That's a very good idea...I will contact them today and see what they say :-)

wow, really fast developer, i like it, and no problem if mention other coins, u got some bad answers on qrk reddit forum, after i mentioned btq and u  answered:) few days ago:)

Yeah when I first got into cryptocurrency, Quarkcoin was the first coin I mined. Just as I told them on the Quarkcoin forum the other day, it was a good coin but the 6 month mining was way too fast and this was the reason I developed BTQ and used Bitcoins long term distribution method Smiley

and now we have in qrk problem to keep mining hashrate:( i think it is big problem to keep network steady

Exactly!!! That's the problem with short term mining incentives...it makes it hard for a network to survive, unless that coin has a lot of value like Bitcoin.

Yeah QEX.LA has confirmed that they would add BTQ with in a week or two after they launch. We need to get on BTer.com and Cryptsy.com

good idea would be if developer contact multipool as hashco, if they allow we can mine scrypt coins and they will pay in btq, i use it for quark, then price would be rise because multipool need to buy coins to pay

wow, really fast developer, i like it, and no problem if mention other coins, u got some bad answers on qrk reddit forum, after i mentioned btq and u  answered:) few days ago:)

Yeah when I first got into cryptocurrency, Quarkcoin was the first coin I mined. Just as I told them on the Quarkcoin forum the other day, it was a good coin but the 6 month mining was way too fast and this was the reason I developed BTQ and used Bitcoins long term distribution method Smiley

and now we have in qrk problem to keep mining hashrate:( i think it is big problem to keep network steady

Pages:
Jump to: