Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 62. (Read 500113 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 100
How to change the intensity setting? tried -i and -intensity

its "-i auto" for example

PLACE A NUMBER AFTER THE "-i"--

For example, "-i 21".  However, CCminer will crash if intensity is set too high.  Leaving it at default (no "-i" flag), or setting it to "-i auto" may be more safe.       

Different CCminer variants will take different settings for intensity.  For example, Nanashi's CCminer code works well with higher values of intensity, but other versions would crash.  Some coders set the default intensity so high that their code crashes with any extra value for intensity.

It takes experimentation to find the best value.       --scryptr

@scryptr - when Im using high intensity values like "25", the power limit is very unstable, but it does generate higher hashes. what is the implications of such power variances?
thanks
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Epsylon,

Did you try Cuda 9 RC yet? Looks like __shfl was deprecated in favor of something else. There´s no programming guide for V9 yet so I don't know for sure.

I´m trying to give it a shot to see if they improved compiling for sm_61.

Almost all algos run slower on sm_61 compiled code, comparing to sm_52, which is a bit odd.

yes... sm_61 is an emulation of sm_60 P100 fp16 stuff, and when used (look like it is sometimes) its slower than normal ops generated for sm_5x ... So nothing changed for the GTX (and mining cards) about that since CUDA 8

ghostwalker: -d 0 or -d 1

So when compiling for 1080ti, you recommend using sm_60 or 61?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Epsylon,

Did you try Cuda 9 RC yet? Looks like __shfl was deprecated in favor of something else. There´s no programming guide for V9 yet so I don't know for sure.

Almost all algos run slower on sm_61 compiled code, comparing to sm_52, which is a bit odd.

yes... sm_61 is an emulation of sm_60 P100 fp16 stuff, and when used (look like it is sometimes) its slower than normal ops generated for sm_5x ... So nothing changed for the GTX (and mining cards) about that since CUDA 8

ghostwalker: -d 0 or -d 1
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
is it possible to dual mine on ccminer?

for example:

Problem no.1

Rig: 1060 & 1070

1060 mining on timetravel (bitcore)

1070 mining on tribus (denarius)

what is the code for problem no.1?

Problem no. 2

Rig: 1080ti

1080ti mining on timetravel and denarius at the same time.

what is the code for problem no. 2? is this possible?

thank you very much.
Activity: 4
Epsylon,

legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028

PLACE A NUMBER AFTER THE "-i"--

For example, "-i 21".  However, CCminer will crash if intensity is set too high.  Leaving it at default (no "-i" flag), or setting it to "-i auto" may be more safe.       

Different CCminer variants will take different settings for intensity.  For example, Nanashi's CCminer code works well with higher values of intensity, but other versions would crash.  Some coders set the default intensity so high that their code crashes with any extra value for intensity.

It takes experimentation to find the best value.       --scryptr
Activity: 287

Activity: 244
Activity: 392
Merit: 266
EthMonitoring.com
Added support for EthMonitoring, CCMiner 2.0-2.2, Alexis and more forks.

https://ethmonitoring.com
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
Folks, last version is better or not? My version 1.8.3
legendary
not here try --cpu-priority 3
Activity: 16
because you want the max... i guess (that require admin rights)

Stays on normal always even with admin rights.
legendary
because you want the max... i guess (that require admin rights)
Activity: 16
--cpu-priority is not working on windows.
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
I have 1.8.3 advise 2.1 what will be better?
legendary
only DNR was improved, not SIGT (cf the changelog) and no, this project is made for VS2013 and linux (not VS2015 nor 2017 even if its possible to migrate it)
legendary
2.2 released yet? or is it still in development?

2.2 has been out for awhile now; there should be a link on the first page of this thread. I can confirm that it does give ~10% boost when mining DNR. Smiley

There is no link in the first post.

THE 2.2 CCMINER VERSION IS A DEVELOPER'S SNAPSHOT--

It is not yet a pre-release on GitHub.  You will find a few links to it in the BCT threads, at least one is on Signatum (SIGT) thread.  I believe that the link on the first page of the SIGT thread for the "nVidia GPU miner" is a contribution from Epsylon3, but it does not reside on his GitHub.  Epsylon3 has published links to his preview folder in at least one BCT thread.

Seek and Ye shall find.       --scryptr

Yes, found one on another board.

But:
It is 10 % faster indeed. It shows that in the miner itself, but my average hashrate on my pool is even a bit lower than before. Dunno why.

THE COMPUTATION ALGORITHM IS DIFFERENT--

A miner calculates hash rate by counting the hash cycles that it performs.  The pool estimates hash rate by counting shares received.  There is also signal latency involved (ping time) in the error.

Are some pools crooked?  I think so, and avoid them.  To make your decision about any pool's hash rate accuracy, look at the reported rate over time.  At times my hash rate is reported 10% higher (on most pools) than my local rate.  So, error works both ways on an honest pool.        --scryptr
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
2.2 was improved by 10% (like sgminer) with the midstate pre-computation

Where could I download v2.2 ?
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
2.2 released yet? or is it still in development?

2.2 has been out for awhile now; there should be a link on the first page of this thread. I can confirm that it does give ~10% boost when mining DNR. Smiley

There is no link in the first post.

THE 2.2 CCMINER VERSION IS A DEVELOPER'S SNAPSHOT--

It is not yet a pre-release on GitHub.  You will find a few links to it in the BCT threads, at least one is on Signatum (SIGT) thread.  I believe that the link on the first page of the SIGT thread for the "nVidia GPU miner" is a contribution from Epsylon3, but it does not reside on his GitHub.  Epsylon3 has published links to his preview folder in at least one BCT thread.

Seek and Ye shall find.       --scryptr

Yes, found one on another board.

But:
It is 10 % faster indeed. It shows that in the miner itself, but my average hashrate on my pool is even a bit lower than before. Dunno why.
legendary
This miner has the pool fee? how much?

TPRUVOT'S CCMINER IS FREE--

There is no fee for his miners, no fee is coded into the miner.  Most pools charge a fee.       --scryptr
Pages:
Jump to: