Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.1 - SegWit Activated - page 45. (Read 321638 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
It seems to me that finally CHC price has stabilized.
It could be much higher IMHO, but anyway even such price is much better than continuously dropping.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1130
Guys I need help.   Let me preface this by saying I screwed up majorly with one of my masternodes.    I am running on Ubuntu 16.04 and it was working fine but it completely crashed without a backup and lost everything.    I have the CHC masternode address that contains the coin as well as the CHC masternode Private Key.    Is there any way to get the coin back and if so, how do I do it?   I will send anyone a nice tip if they can help me get this back up and running.    I do not have a copy of wallet.dat.   I hadn't backed it up like I should have when the installation was finished and 2 days later, FAILURE

Would really appreciate some assistance if at all possible  Thanks!

You should always make backup before sending the funds. It is also better to do a controller wallet setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c . Try looking in the backups folder on the VPS it may have created automatic backup. If not then your coins are lost it is not possible to access them with a public address. Masternode key only identifies your masternode on the network it does not have anything to do with the address.

THX, so i install the masternode new:

https://steemit.com/chaincoin/@cliff-on-crypto/setup-chaincoin-masternode-on-raspberry-pi3

I can start the deamon, but the same problem? NAT? The port are open...

Huh

THX
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Everyone should upgrade to new version v0.9.3.2. Old versions will be cut off from the network. Update process is the same as last time when we updated from v0.9.2.x.  Chao has made an automated script https://github.com/chaoabunga/mnscripts#for-updatechaincoin-only that makes this one click operation. And remember to always make backup before doing anything.
How much time we have to upgrade?

You should update your node as soon as possible.

Sometimes when start MN we are receiving "masternode started remotely" and sometimes "masternode started successfully". What does it depend?

It makes no difference as long as the node starts correctly. Check that your configuration options are in chaincoin.conf and not in the masternode.conf file.

My node is running and shows up on https://masternodes.pro/stats/chc but when looking at the masternodes list in a local wallet I do not see it. Will it not show up until my first payment or how can I confirm that the node is up and running as it should be?

It takes a little while for your node to update both on the masternodes.pro site as well as the local wallet. It's usually best to wait for an hour or so to check if everything is in sync.

To confirm your node is on the network, run the following command from the debug console of your desktop wallet:
Code:
masternode list activeseconds IPADDRESS
and replace IPADDRESS with the ip (11.22.111.222) of your masternode. If you see a number greater than 0 then your node is online and working.

And by the way, the slack invitor also doesn't work. I get a "Failed!Token revoked" error after submitting my email.

This was fixed. Try again. If you get the same message then send me a private message with your username and email in it and I will look in to it.

{
    "MYIPADDRESS" : "ENABLED"
}

so im good right?

See just above in this same post, use the activeseconds to confirm that your masternode has been online and seen by the network. As mentioned earlier, you may have to wait an hour or so before you can check this with your local wallet since it takes a little time to sync with the network.

Hey, so my MN(s) are showing up as "ENABLED" but the time active is remaining as "0". Does this mean it's not truly online? Any idea what the issue could be?

[**EDIT: never mind - eventually corrected itself after an hour or so.]
Activity: 1
Look at CHC go Cheesy From $0.12 to $0.23 in just 15 days ! Cheesy Is it true about Vitalik?

What now......at 25 cents  Grin

" Is it true about Vitalik? " ..... Pump, pump

The last thing ChainCoin needs is more moron pumpers spreading stupid rumors about Chaincoin. Please find somewhere else to circle jerk to Vitalik. Thanks! Smiley

So you didn't hear about Vitalik? Personally I don't see anything wrong with people with insider information buying low before others figure out what is going on...

YOU DON'T KNOW?! Omg I can't believe YOU don't know about VITALIK, I mean I am being so specific in my reference, how could you now know what I am referring to? Please stop with dumb empty nothingburgers. Provide some links and facts/proof or just stop pretending.

Word on Cryptostreet is Vitalik is looking into the C11 algo
Good news for CHC
Activity: 250
Merit: 12
Support Guru
Everyone should upgrade to new version v0.9.3.2. Old versions will be cut off from the network. Update process is the same as last time when we updated from v0.9.2.x.  Chao has made an automated script https://github.com/chaoabunga/mnscripts#for-updatechaincoin-only that makes this one click operation. And remember to always make backup before doing anything.

You should update your node as soon as possible.

Sometimes when start MN we are receiving "masternode started remotely" and sometimes "masternode started successfully". What does it depend?

It makes no difference as long as the node starts correctly. Check that your configuration options are in chaincoin.conf and not in the masternode.conf file.

My node is running and shows up on https://masternodes.pro/stats/chc but when looking at the masternodes list in a local wallet I do not see it. Will it not show up until my first payment or how can I confirm that the node is up and running as it should be?

It takes a little while for your node to update both on the masternodes.pro site as well as the local wallet. It's usually best to wait for an hour or so to check if everything is in sync.

To confirm your node is on the network, run the following command from the debug console of your desktop wallet:
Code:
masternode list activeseconds IPADDRESS
and replace IPADDRESS with the ip (11.22.111.222) of your masternode. If you see a number greater than 0 then your node is online and working.

And by the way, the slack invitor also doesn't work. I get a "Failed!Token revoked" error after submitting my email.

This was fixed. Try again. If you get the same message then send me a private message with your username and email in it and I will look in to it.

{
}

so im good right?

See just above in this same post, use the activeseconds to confirm that your masternode has been online and seen by the network. As mentioned earlier, you may have to wait an hour or so before you can check this with your local wallet since it takes a little time to sync with the network.
Activity: 24

try this command:

chaincoind masternodelist status YOURIPADDRESS

{
}

so im good right?
Activity: 174
Merit: 103
I started Shaos script, mentioned above to update my node, but the script stops after a while. Can anybody help me please?

/bin/mkdir -p '/usr/local/bin'
  /usr/bin/install -c chaincoind chaincoin-cli '/usr/local/bin'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin/src'
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am'.
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/chaincoin/chaincoin'

That's the last output. All I get after that is a blinking cursor.

EDIT: getinfo reports the correct version 90302, and status is "ENABLED". So everything should be ok and I can abort the running script?
Activity: 503
Merit: 250

try this command:

chaincoind masternodelist status YOURIPADDRESS
Activity: 24
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Activity: 250
Merit: 12
Support Guru
Simple guide how to run 2 Chaincoin masternodes in Windows. Same PC, I already use it.

1. Setup 1st masternode.
2. Copy %appdata%\Chaincoin folder to %appdata%\Chaincoin2. Delete wallet.dat from Chaincoin2 folder. NOT FROM source Chaincoin folder!!!
3. Make rule on router - forward port 11996 to the same PC.
4. Start wallet with parameters: chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2.

You can use any other port instead of 11996.
With -datadir wallet will use you copied directory.
After start it will make new wallet.dat in Chaincoin working directory.

5. Take new address to receive CHC.
6, Generate new MN key by typing "masternode genkey" in console. Close wallet.
7. Open chaincoin.conf in notepad. Paste new key after masternodeprivkey=, replace you previous key.
8. Add new line to chaincoin.conf:
port=11996.

9. Send exactly 1000 CHC to you 2nd masternode address from step 5.
10. Start chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2
11. Wait for 15 confirmations, then type in console of 2nd wallet: "masternode start".
12. Make double profit, make more masternodes. Decrease earnings of all masternodes =).

You can start 1st and 2nd masternodes separately or together - now you have 2 different installations.
Maybe you don't need -port=11996 in command line if you have it in conf. Or maybe you don't need it in conf =).
You will have 2 Chaincoin working directories with block files, size will grow 2 times faster. Maybe there is a way to have just 1 set of blockchain files using hardlinks, I didn't try.

13. Make more masternodes, buy more CHC for it, make the price up, increase stability of network.

DO NOT follow this guide since Chaincoin WILL NOT run on any port that is not 11994.

Activity: 56
Simple guide how to run 2 Chaincoin masternodes in Windows. Same PC, I already use it.

1. Setup 1st masternode.
2. Copy %appdata%\Chaincoin folder to %appdata%\Chaincoin2. Delete wallet.dat from Chaincoin2 folder. NOT FROM source Chaincoin folder!!!
3. Make rule on router - forward port 11996 to the same PC.
4. Start wallet with parameters: chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2.

You can use any other port instead of 11996.
With -datadir wallet will use you copied directory.
After start it will make new wallet.dat in Chaincoin working directory.

5. Take new address to receive CHC.
6, Generate new MN key by typing "masternode genkey" in console. Close wallet.
7. Open chaincoin.conf in notepad. Paste new key after masternodeprivkey=, replace you previous key.
8. Add new line to chaincoin.conf:
port=11996.

9. Send exactly 1000 CHC to you 2nd masternode address from step 5.
10. Start chaincoin-qt.exe -port=11996 -datadir=%appdata%\Chaincoin2
11. Wait for 15 confirmations, then type in console of 2nd wallet: "masternode start".
12. Make double profit, make more masternodes. Decrease earnings of all masternodes =).

You can start 1st and 2nd masternodes separately or together - now you have 2 different installations.
Maybe you don't need -port=11996 in command line if you have it in conf. Or maybe you don't need it in conf =).
You will have 2 Chaincoin working directories with block files, size will grow 2 times faster. Maybe there is a way to have just 1 set of blockchain files using hardlinks, I didn't try.

13. Make more masternodes, buy more CHC for it, make the price up, increase stability of network.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 749
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
WOW! Nice move on cryptopia today +50%, and over 7500 satoshi per 1 CHC, great results. Smiley

Yes but the volume is really really thin. But it's at least something after nothing happened for a long time.

Please don't store your chaincoins on a VPS do a controller wallet setup instead. Here is a step by step tutorial by fred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c

It's a rather long video. After quickly checking the description, I don't see a difference between my setup. Will check later what a controller wallet setup exactly is.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Hi guys,

I'm still mining this chaincoin. Any idea why the sudden jump on the price of our coins? Anyway, I just want to add more info, I also stumbled on this coin the Deep Coin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-deeponion-tor-deepvault-cryptopia-airdrop-2440-we-dominate-2006010  and so inspected their approach on the market. Wow, they have remarkable Community. And their price even though still at novaexchange, it has big sat value. I hope chaincoin can also do its marketing ideas. We have potential here, you know.
Activity: 111
I have a general question regarding masternodes. When I set up a masternode, to which address will the rewards be sent?
According to the instruction, the address 0 should have the 1000 CHC in it, not more and not less. Will the software generate
more address to which the rewards are being sent?
And when I move my rewards to another address, does the software ensure that the address 0 ist blocked, so that none of the
1000 CHC coins are being moved?

Thanks for helping me to understand the masternode principle better. Smiley

Please don't store your chaincoins on a VPS do a controller wallet setup instead. Here is a step by step tutorial by fred https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSWfXdmb48c
Activity: 70
OMG! Looks like it's easier to stop the service, transfer EVERYTHING to another wallet and send 1000 CHC back to my VPS.   Cheesy Cheesy
Yes, I think that realistically, you have to have a Chaincoin-QT UI and a consolidated wallet (i.e., all private keys together in one wallet.dat).  There is so much power, particularly in the new version which has a Masternodes tab so you can monitor them; and, naturally, you can spend the coins from Chaincoin-QT almost never having to touch the masternodes except for system maintenance and upgrades.
OMG! Looks like it's easier to stop the service, transfer EVERYTHING to another wallet and send 1000 CHC back to my VPS.   Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: