Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 136. (Read 92456 times)

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Since I didn't use the mixer yet, I would ask if why they gave you 3 private keys, is there any option to do that besides of receiving only 1 private key since you deposited only once?

IMO the process are totally different from other mixers and I can say, your coins will be completely anonymous. But please someone answer my question. Regards.
You can choose how many chips you want. I did 3 because I wanted to.
Sometimes you can't merge some specific chips and need to withdraw more than 1, but I had the option to merge.

Just read the mixing part on the "How to use it" to see how they work.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
--snip--
> Withdrew 3 private keys and imported them on Electrum.
--snip--
Since I didn't use the mixer yet, I would ask if why they gave you 3 private keys, is there any option to do that besides of receiving only 1 private key since you deposited only once?

IMO the process are totally different from other mixers and I can say, your coins will be completely anonymous. But please someone answer my question. Regards.
legendary
I just used the mixer for the first time! Now I really can post my honestly review and prove my suspicions of how fast and easy it was to use Chipmixer.

> I deposited a small amount ~$50 and surprisingly got my transaction confirmed in less than 5 minutes.
> Actually betted a small chip and won Cheesy
> Withdrew 3 private keys and imported them on Electrum.
> And the best part: sent the coins to another wallet instantly since the coins were already in the address since day 10 and 12 of July.

The entire proccess + spending the mixed coins took me ~5 minutes. 10/10 would use again.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Aug 1 / BIP148 is coming in 15 days. ChipMixer will closed a day before Aug 1 till situation get stable.

What does it mean for you?

If you have withdrawn chips (private keys) - you can spend them any time you want, even when ChipMixer is closed. If hardfork happen, your funds will be spendable on both forks.
If you have unspent voucher(s) - redeem them for private key before or wait till we reopen. Same if you need to mix some coins.

In case of doubt, redeem and sweep before Aug 1.

Does ChipMixer support BIP148/BIP149/Segwit/Segwitx2/others?

No. We focus on privacy and Segwit does not give us anything related to privacy. Hardfork means lack of stability and loss of Bitcoin value.
legendary
Well I saw the recent additions to chip mixer and how they fused with gambling. I like the thought of the idea but I am not sure how it worked out. I feel like you guys are sending a message to your customers like “Hey anonymize your bitcoin and then gamble it away” It kind of doesn’t fit with your guy’s entire business idea. But hey, credit where credit is due, and I can see that even though you guys are pretty young, I can see how you guys are not just doing to be doing basic mixing but you guys are offering more functions to your mixing. 

The gambling part is optional. And it's just an extra way of anonymizing your Bitcoins. Imagine if you want to mix BTC 0.5, gambled on the website and withdrew BTC 1.0; You sent an amount and received another totally different. That makes your mixing activities a lot more anonymous.

From the ChipMixer FAQ:

Why should I use bet/donate function?
Betting and donate allows you to change possible output value. Even if blockchain analysis may assume you will receive permutation of chips, they cannot predict how much you've lost / won betting or how much you've donated. As with split / merge, you don't have to use it - existence of this option increases your privacy.
https://chipmixer.com/faq
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Well I saw the recent additions to chip mixer and how they fused with gambling. I like the thought of the idea but I am not sure how it worked out. I feel like you guys are sending a message to your customers like “Hey anonymize your bitcoin and then gamble it away” It kind of doesn’t fit with your guy’s entire business idea. But hey, credit where credit is due, and I can see that even though you guys are pretty young, I can see how you guys are not just doing to be doing basic mixing but you guys are offering more functions to your mixing. 
Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
The best part is that no fees are charged, which I still do not get. Don't you have to pay transaction fees at the very least, but yet no fees are charged? I know people can choose to donate, but how much I am not sure how much.
I assume this must be a part of early days promotional offer. I read chipmixer accepting donations instead of mandatory fees for providing mixing services. It means we can pay the amount what ever we may prefer as fees. A generous user may finish of his mixing services along with splitting once chip with 0.001 value for donating to chipmixer at a same time a bitcoin whale may prefer donating 0.1 bitcoins too.

That's exactly what is applicable here and I think its something that tries to appeal to our own personal feeling to give based on the services have received rather being other mandatory obligation to make such payment and this is what chipmixer is bring to the space. A service that is more client oriented rather than the owner or administration or the site.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509
The best part is that no fees are charged, which I still do not get. Don't you have to pay transaction fees at the very least, but yet no fees are charged? I know people can choose to donate, but how much I am not sure how much.
I assume this must be a part of early days promotional offer. I read chipmixer accepting donations instead of mandatory fees for providing mixing services. It means we can pay the amount what ever we may prefer as fees. A generous user may finish of his mixing services along with splitting once chip with 0.001 value for donating to chipmixer at a same time a bitcoin whale may prefer donating 0.1 bitcoins too.

Yeah, when chip mixer was very young, they offered mixing services for free or a tiny fee and it was used a lot, some generous people who donate to chipmixer for mixing their coins, but usually chipmixer didn't make any profit off it.

-snip-

ChipMixer is a reliable, trustworthy company that handles millions of USD worth of Bitcoin and this is not something we should be too concerned about, or at least I'm not.

Umm, where did you get this figure? Not trying to be a dick, but just wondering if you're shilling for the sake of shilling, or if you actually grabbed this figure from somewhere reputable. Or are you just guessing?

"handles millions of USD worth of Bitcoin" hah. Surely made the numbers up. Not saying ChipMixer is bad, it's just that ChipMixer is only like 1 and a half months old therefore it's quite unlikely that it's already holding that much bitcoin. ChipMixer's future is lookin good though.

Well even thought it was only 1 and half month old,chipmixer already attracted a lot of people.and based on their services and promotion,they have a good future if they dont do anything wrong.and also ,some of them have a problem during mixing likely because their ip have a evil spot,or problem with their ip.i dont know but sometimes i have a problem too (or malicious software/virus?)
Never experience this that my ip was block listed or there is evil spot or malicious or virus actually i am not using vpn before but because we need to be safe i just use a premum vpn which is good and never experience any problem when mixing..
This mixer is unique you can be also gamble the new feature and donate how much you want that you never seen in other mixer.
The chipmixer is gaining popularity and many bitcoin user are using this now because of the fee increase they choose chipmixer just to save for high fee transaction when mixing.

Yeah the VPN probably didn't allow you to use chipmixer, it must be a bit weird. One of the best features that I really like with chipmixer, are the extra functions they have added. Even though, I never gamble, I can definitely see how it does attract some people who may be interested in gambling. I also really love the design of the site and it looks really clean. While other mixing servies may offer better security and other features, chipmixer has expanded their industry into more services and that is really smart of them.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Ok I have to admit I find it VERY CLEVER this chip system of yours.

The mixer in itself if classic. Of course the full control mix is cool but not soooo innovative.
But the chip system means that the payment in itself is completely anonymous and doesn't depends only on the amount to be mixed.

Anyway next time I have a btc to mix I know how I will do it ^^

The good point is of course the cost of the operation which isn't really high as it's of goodwill xD

but the system might be a bit.... Complicated. Let's see how people manage to use it ^^

It isn't all that complicated to be completely honest. Mixing your coins provides a level of security and makes it so you harder to track and hack. I would definitely recommend just trying them out since it does actually help you and it isn't actually that hard to understand, it is just you depositing coins, they mixing it and you receive your coins back.

Well even thought it was only 1 and half month old,chipmixer already attracted a lot of people.and based on their services and promotion,they have a good future if they dont do anything wrong.and also ,some of them have a problem during mixing likely because their ip have a evil spot,or problem with their ip.i dont know but sometimes i have a problem too (or malicious software/virus?)
Yeah, the thing about this mixer that is different and unique are chips, and I find that a very interesting way to mix your Bitcoins, plus you can even 'bet' in ChipMixer where you double your chips (E.g. 0.512 BTC chip --> 1.024 BTC chip) and repeat it again, so it has a gambling element in it that makes it interesting.

Yeah I am not much of a gambler myself but i really like how chipmixer is trying to expand into other industries and make their mixing service unique, it is very creative and I definitely am a fan of that.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

-snip-

ChipMixer is a reliable, trustworthy company that handles millions of USD worth of Bitcoin and this is not something we should be too concerned about, or at least I'm not.

Umm, where did you get this figure? Not trying to be a dick, but just wondering if you're shilling for the sake of shilling, or if you actually grabbed this figure from somewhere reputable. Or are you just guessing?

That figure definitely seems a bit suspicious, chip mixer has only been open for around 2 months i think, and even though it has become fairly popular, it seems higly unlikeyb that they would have mixed around a couple million worth of USD in bitcoin. I think chipmixer has really grown these couple of weeks and they have done a good job of being super customer friendly, especially on here, with them addressing every single complaint, hope they keep doing this!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

-snip-

"handles millions of USD worth of Bitcoin" hah. Surely made the numbers up. Not saying ChipMixer is bad, it's just that ChipMixer is only like 1 and a half months old therefore it's quite unlikely that it's already holding that much bitcoin. ChipMixer's future is lookin good though.

Never experience this that my ip was block listed or there is evil spot or malicious or virus actually i am not using vpn before but because we need to be safe i just use a premum vpn which is good and never experience any problem when mixing..
This mixer is unique you can be also gamble the new feature and donate how much you want that you never seen in other mixer.
The chipmixer is gaining popularity and many bitcoin user are using this now because of the fee increase they choose chipmixer just to save for high fee transaction when mixing.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.

The site states: "We use Pay what you want as pricing strategy. It mean you set how much value our service is to you. You may split chips into size you wish to donate." I think this is a good idea because some customers can afford to donate more than others.

One thing I was wondering though is that on the home page of ChipMixer, I'm currently not getting the video to run. Is it just my browser not working properly or is anyone else having that happen? It's just a tutorial video so it's not critical, but just wondering.  Smiley
This is the advantage of chipmixer you can donate how much you want unlike other mixer that you need to pay for a fee no reduce fee unlike this mixer that how much you can donate is ok.

I think the video is design but we will wait for the other about the video in the homepage because same here the video is not playing or its not clickable to play..
Activity: 994
Merit: 510

The site states: "We use Pay what you want as pricing strategy. It mean you set how much value our service is to you. You may split chips into size you wish to donate." I think this is a good idea because some customers can afford to donate more than others.

One thing I was wondering though is that on the home page of ChipMixer, I'm currently not getting the video to run. Is it just my browser not working properly or is anyone else having that happen? It's just a tutorial video so it's not critical, but just wondering.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
Yeah, the thing about this mixer that is different and unique are chips, and I find that a very interesting way to mix your Bitcoins, plus you can even 'bet' in ChipMixer where you double your chips (E.g. 0.512 BTC chip --> 1.024 BTC chip) and repeat it again, so it has a gambling element in it that makes it interesting.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

-snip-

Activity: 994
Merit: 507
but the system might be a bit.... Complicated. Let's see how people manage to use it ^^
Not complicated at all. Try yourself and you will see how fast and simple it is to use them.

Send the coins -> Mix the way you want -> Withdraw the private keys -> Spend

Maybe he just find himself troubled in "Step2"?

Step 2 - mixing

Your 0.1 BTC is exchanged for chips: 0.064 + 0.032 + 0.004.

You click on split button for 0.064 chip exchanging it for two 0.032 chips.

You click on split button for 0.004 chip exchanging it for two 0.002 chips. You click donate on smallest chip. Thank you!

Now you have 3 * 0.032 + 0.002.  You click withdraw all.

As far as I see it, it's not that complicated to understand. I will explain it in a much simplier words, ChipMixer is different from other mixers because of these "chips" feature which you can split it into chips with different value.

The Bitcoin that you can possibly mix should be divisible by 0.001 since it is the smallest chip size available. In a situation where you send 0.2583 then it would appear as 0.258 since when you divide it to 0.001 the remainder would automatically donated so just send an amount which is divisible by 0.001. Don't worry because when you go to its page and deposit, there will be message to clarify this since they will not take a good use to benefit from it due to lack of knowledge regarding the matter.

When you split it into chips, it has its benefits that is when you receive it, anyone who is looking to that address would not see that you get a huge amount of Bitcoin in one transaction like 0.5 or 1 or 2 BTC which is quiet suspicious but if you split it then it would appear better.

-snip-

I would say that he is just doing a wild guess regarding those figures that is neglecting the fact that ChipMixer (like you said) is 1 and a half month old which is quiet new to reach that achievement.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

-snip-

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
@TryNinja @john2231 @chaser15 @Jherek @dillpicklechips @mjglqw @Chipmixer

Thanks for the answer. We have the same assumptions and Im sure it's VPN problem.

@mjglqw
Im using Premium for 1 year

@chaser15
May I know something to your configs? Is it by default?

This is off-topic I think. Respond to me via PM. Thanks!

I was intrigued by your words, is there any problem using chipmixer if VPN being activated? looking for the page of those posts.

I've read some comments about chipmixer and definitely want to use its service just in case or get more privacy regarding my coins, even if want to give it a shot in order to get an experience about mix bitcoin for anyone who never tried it before.
Best privacy: Import all private keys to your Bitcoin Wallet
This is the most private way to withdraw. Exchange of coins is made off-chain and nobody can assume that you now control those addresses.
If you use Electrum, you can spend your coins immediately after import. You can also import them into different wallets to keep mixed / unmixed coins separately.

quote from chipmixer.com and really like this feature obviously, the most private way.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
Not complicated at all. Try yourself and you will see how fast and simple it is to use them.

Send the coins -> Mix the way you want -> Withdraw the private keys -> Spend

This is actually the very reason why we have a service called ChipMixer. Had it been complicated then it would turn off many satisfied clients into other similar services around. It is easy to use, that is for sure and we should thank ChipMixer for this great product/service offering.
Jump to: