Pages:
Author

Topic: {ANN} Cloudcoin CDC Release Announcement - POS/POW Scheme| NEWS - UPDATE V1.1 - page 4. (Read 29619 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
If you want this coin to work, you're going to have to relaunch it. Why would I start mining when the blockchain will get reset. Or it doesn't get reset and it won't go anywhere anyways.

We were all ready to mine on Sunday. Your team screwed that up, not any of us.

Add to that a million coin premine that came out of nowhere.

You asked for a second chance and said you're still serious about this coin. Relaunch it when you said you would, and do so with a less insulting pre-mine. I could understand a few thousand to cover the goals you outlined. But a million? 1% of all the coins that will ever be produced? We might as well call you Ripple. This is sheer greed. And with a super high starting difficulty to prevent "instamining" no less? There wouldn't have been an instamine on Sunday, you had given everyone ample notice of the launch.

So no, I won't mine until and unless you fix this. And I hope everyone else follows suit.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Everybody can jump in now. What are you guys waiting for. It is still low difficulty, and you gusy are here online. Start mining, if you want to.

official mining pool released: http://cloudcoin.miningpool.co
Why not you guys restart the coin again from the beginning. And excuse to miners for the time they have wasted till now. That way every one will be happy. Smiley

Thank you for your suggestion. But We won't start again the coin for a few guys who are complaining. The network already has 28+ mh/s rate and it is increasing. We will keep on rolling.

You only have a few complaining because a lot of people have not clue that you even launched the coin yet.

You have 28+ mh.

One GPU can get, say, 800 kh on average. So, you've got 35 people mining away. Or, really, maybe three people with a few decent rigs.

That's a successful launch that can't be undone? That's worth it to you?  You probably had quite a few more people ready to participate but waiting for the day that you said you'd launch it.

How much money did you spend on this? It's all going up in smoke.
Thank you for your comment and suggestions, i really appreciate it. I am going to sum up our plans and make giveaways soon. We will keep on working hard.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I will not try to offend anyone so please chill

I am fine with coins being premined, yes some devs who do not have enought resources do premine to do promotion. As we all know premine is very sensitive thing and every coin dev has learned that it they should be straight forward about it "there will be x premine and we will use it x1 for Y thing, x2 for Z thing etc.

So to sum up what is wrong with this coin and why many people will not go in
1. there was no information about premine
2. premine is huge!!! c'mon this is too big
3. there still is no information on where it will be used, only 60k have been listed as bounties, there is no detailed information where the rest will go.
4. If you don't know how you will use it, then you don't have plan, and business without plan doesn't make anyone feel secure that this coin is next big thing and we should waste hash exactly on this coin
5. If this is not business but decentralized opensource thing, then you shouldn't have premine bigger than those 60k, as everything after that will be done by community effort
6. no good communication channels with devs, so this will happen again and again and that if something will need to be done quickly you will not be able to get them to work immediately
7. as devs are not part of this coin and are some service from different country - you are paying them, which means - when money will run out they will stop supporting this coin.
8. oldschool ... all newest coins are released with some services already built, to attract more people from very beginning. It will be almost impossible to win people from those coins to yours and make them wait for promises that there will be something built later.

How you can fix that?
1. Quickly learn everything about altcoins
2. Sort out problems with devs
3. fix premine problem, give those 940k to community in huge giveaway

Until you will do that - noone will believe about your good intentions

And sorry, but "sorry, give me second chance" will not cut it, there is fierce competition, about 50 active coins, close to 100 partly active coins, you need to do something better to take your place in community harts.

Why not you guys restart the coin again from the beginning. And excuse to miners for the time they have wasted till now. That way every one will be happy. Smiley

Thank you for your suggestion. But We won't start again the coin for a few guys who are complaining. The network already has 28+ mh/s rate and it is increasing. We will keep on rolling.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
PXC Research Team
Activity: 560
Sorry, but you blew it. No second chance.
Activity: 294
Alright.

So I was expected the release to be on Sunday although my dev team, which main part is in China finished the coin and unintentionally released it under my account. At that time I was not near my computer so I couln't get his note about the release. So he released it and made the announcement. Than I got back to my computer and saw his note and the release thread.

Clearly it was a communication mistake and I fully understand what you are saying. However we are still here and working hard on the coin, that did not change.

Please give us a second chance.

Thank you,
Raymond
Hehe. You are funny. If you think that a coin only needs pools, faucet and blockexplorer than your are missing sth.
We are working on worldwide adoptions too. And merchants and sites need our coins to get started.
Good job with your comment! I bet you have no idea about economics and how a market works.
Please get educated and come back later.

Please educate me.

How can the network for a coin be attacked when its not even launched yet?

How, economically speaking (since you say it's a matter of economics), can one put trust in a development team that is clearly at odds with itself?

It sounds as though you said "lets launch Monday" the community said "c'mon do it Sunday, we all work M-F", you said "sure!" and then your partner or partners turn around and said "we don't care, we just launched it 20 minutes ago". Please explain if that's wrong, and how "knowing how markets work" is at all relevant? Unless by how markets work means rampant free market, doing anything for advantage to the point that in order to avoid instamining, you instead launch 5 days ahead of schedule, in the middle of the day no less? I wouldn't have even noticed if I wasn't taking a lunch break.

None of this has to do with markets or economics. At best its poor communication. At worst its a team that can't trust each other. Again, if you can't trust one another, why should we trust you?

Unless you care to clarify in greater detail about what changed from yesterday to today, please don't invoke "markets" or "economics" unless you care to connect the dots for dummies like me who fail to see how those two words are at all related to what you just did.
I agree with you guys. But I can assure that this is still the same coin and it still has the same aims for the future.
Activity: 294
I'm sure you're getting this a lot, but you blew it dude. Your coin seemed interesting even, so that makes it even more of a shame.

lets see:

7/15

Yes, I know. But I wil make sure to please the most people with the release and I will "warn everybody in time". So everybody can be prepared to start mining Cloudcoin.

7/23
expected release is Monday 2:00 PM New York time. However this also depends on the miner's requests, and the development finalization. But it should be around that time, and don't be afraid I will announce the official release time in time.

7/23

Expected launch is moved from Monday to this Sunday at 12 pm New York time. But I will post another thread before that so everybody will know about tge release.

Today:
Surprise! I launched it today. With a million coin premine, no less!

So, for all of us who had set reminders to get started on this on Sunday and support your coin, well, that went out the window. And to top if off, you keep 1% of all the coins that will ever be circulated? Sorry, not gonna do it. Again, it looked like you were semi-serious about your efforts. If your coin makes it to an exchange, you've got enough coin premined to make it look like there's actual interest and volume going on.  I certainly hope it doesn't. And I'm generally a fan of alt.coins.

Oh well... bye.

i thought the same and fully agree.
Good job with your comment! I bet you have no idea about economics and how a market works.
Please get educated and come back later.
I know that we made a mistake. I apologize for it. We had some misunderstanding within the team.
We had to release it to prevent attacks on the network.
But we are still the same team with the same goals.

About the premine:
Everybody can hate me for it, but that was the right thing to do.
The premine is not only mine the entire dev team got portions, so I don't hold that much.
The premine will go into developments like pools, sites, markets, faucets, online wallets.
That is how my team and I can keep the coin alive and support it 100% percent.
We did not put that much time and effort into the coin to just pump and dumb, NO.
We will work hard to improve this coin and make it valuable

How could the network have come under attack if it wasn't launched yet? Or was a member of the team threatening to launch it on their own if you didnt agree? Sounds like a nice, cohesive team where the spokesperson can say one thing and have the rest of the team act in the contrary. Really, even if you're the most honest person in rthe world, that doesn't matter if the rest of your team can't be trusted at all.

I don't get it. Earlier you said you expended a lot of time, effort and money into developing this coin.  Clearly not or you'd have fought tooth and nail to avoid such a fiasco. Seems like such a miner thing, but it's enough to derail my interest. I only hope others agree. This can't be a new normal.
thank you for the support.

{
"blocks" : 351,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.13486927,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 9397200,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

17:35:01

{
"blocks" : 394,
"difficulty" : 0.22367276,
"networkhashps" : 16807123,
}

18:05:44

{
"blocks" : 424,
"difficulty" : 0.31305980,
"networkhashps" : 24215787,
}

20:17:25

{
"blocks" : 555,
"difficulty" : 0.43282567,
"networkhashps" : 32471128,
}
I know that we made a mistake. I apologize for it. We had some misunderstanding within the team.
We had to release it to prevent attacks on the network.
But we are still the same team with the same goals.

About the premine:
Everybody can hate me for it, but that was the right thing to do.
The premine is not only mine the entire dev team got portions, so I don't hold that much.
The premine will go into developments like pools, sites, markets, faucets, online wallets.
That is how my team and I can keep the coin alive and support it 100% percent.
We did not put that much time and effort into the coin to just pump and dumb, NO.
We will work hard to improve this coin and make it valuable
Activity: 473
just got the 4400 superblock Smiley

Nice -- not if I could just get started .... BuK3BtEZ1q27xcFFt3WHenipv45p4v2fz1
I'm sure you're getting this a lot, but you blew it dude. Your coin seemed interesting even, so that makes it even more of a shame.

lets see:

7/15

Yes, I know. But I wil make sure to please the most people with the release and I will "warn everybody in time". So everybody can be prepared to start mining Cloudcoin.

7/23
expected release is Monday 2:00 PM New York time. However this also depends on the miner's requests, and the development finalization. But it should be around that time, and don't be afraid I will announce the official release time in time.

7/23

Expected launch is moved from Monday to this Sunday at 12 pm New York time. But I will post another thread before that so everybody will know about tge release.

Today:
Surprise! I launched it today. With a million coin premine, no less!

So, for all of us who had set reminders to get started on this on Sunday and support your coin, well, that went out the window. And to top if off, you keep 1% of all the coins that will ever be circulated? Sorry, not gonna do it. Again, it looked like you were semi-serious about your efforts. If your coin makes it to an exchange, you've got enough coin premined to make it look like there's actual interest and volume going on.  I certainly hope it doesn't. And I'm generally a fan of alt.coins.

Oh well... bye.
Pages:
Jump to: