Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinByCall.com - Get paid in BTC for listening radio over the phone - page 9. (Read 65316 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Just a hint: It is not a good idea to store the user's password in plain text.

I accidentally clicked "Forgot Password" instead of "Login" and got an email containing my password, so it is saved in plain text in the database.

Better save the passwords as a hash like SHA1 ...
Activity: 455
Merit: 250
would there be a way to make the CBC numbers reachable via ENUM / via a sip uri like sip:[email protected]?

Good idea, but abuse will go up like crazy then because it's so easy to (mass-)call.
Limit the SIP URI calls to 1 call / IP?

This would be a great way to use CoinByCall without messing with the phone line providers.

But still it would make abuse sooooo much easier. We already have to fight off "regular" abuse all the time ...
would there be a way to make the CBC numbers reachable via ENUM / via a sip uri like sip:[email protected]?

Good idea, but abuse will go up like crazy then because it's so easy to (mass-)call.
Limit the SIP URI calls to 1 call / IP?

This would be a great way to use CoinByCall without messing with the phone line providers.
Activity: 11
can i get india numbers??
Once again Finland: old numbers deactivated, new numbers activated.

Hello CoinByCall team,

Then we would be able to call without needing to use our PSTN phone line and without a provider who may block the calls or demanding a lot of money for these numbers when we call a lot.
Activity: 22
Only 5 finland?  Sad

BYE BYE!!! USA
Sorry guys, USA will be disabled again by 28th Feb until further notice. But, to avoid frustration this time we've lowered the minimum payout to 0.0002 BTC / 0.002 LTC so everyone can withdraw their accumulated coins. We'll be working on bringing it back soon.
legendary
Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

I wasn't able to call that number... it was allways unavailable... Cry buahahahah!
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Liechtenstein is back!

You could've made an announcement... Smiley

You know now Cheesy ... start calling Cheesy

EDIT: it seems that my operator is charging me for calls to Liechtenstein Sad too bad Sad

I have to try it from another number tho...
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
Liechtenstein is back!

You could've made an announcement... Smiley
legendary
A lot of new numbers in Finland were just added.

Cool, I might start calling again ... If my phone company offers me 2 Blackberry passports as compensation for the time I wasn't able to call I won't call if they insist that I can't call and won't give me the 2 phones I've asked for then I will start using your service and let them block my numbers and then report them Smiley

Btw are all that numbers landline numbers?

EDIT:Holy shit ... what's with that rate for Liechtenstein?

I love it!

Just made a test call to Liechtenstein and in 707 seconds I made 0.00024745 BTC Smiley
A lot of new numbers in Finland were just added.
legendary
@matt - I'm also using skype with one German number hehe.. However, not using it to get rich  Cheesy , just using my unlimited plan to regain a part of the payment.

Oh and by the way, like matt said, it's great to see CBC alive for so much time and still going strong!
Some people with great minds or with access to some calling services may get very very wealthy from this.
I'm currently developing a method of being able to call from over 50-100 devices at a time. I have even thought of travelling to Finland or Poland just for this.

Dude if you move to Finland just to do this let me know! Because I've also thought at this thing! At least for a few weeks or something Cheesy
CBC will be offline for the next hour or so. An update is in order.

Update: It's back.
The invalid msg only plays when you don't transmit a valid caller ID. If you are, and if 70% of the calls fail, then that means that your provider is using a route in 70% of the cases where the caller ID won't get transmitted through.
Pages:
Jump to: